Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    At the end of the day goals is all that matter. If he starts scoring goals for Arsenal which leads to trophies Arsenal fans won't care that he's a racist scumbag cheater. Its only now that Liverpool fans really criticise him for all his bad actions after they realised he's off. Suarez made Liverpool FC look like proper clowns
    Yeah, it would be such a massive trolling of Liverpool. :rofl: Of course, Suarez probably wouldn't treat Arsenal any better in the long run, but at least you'd know that beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Yeah, it would be such a massive trolling of Liverpool. :rofl: Of course, Suarez probably wouldn't treat Arsenal any better in the long run, but at least you'd know that beforehand.
    ofc he wouldn't treat Arsenal any better but his goals are more useful at arsenal than Liverpool. Like I said If suarez bang in the goals people won't care

ReputationRep:
    real Madrid asking for 35 mill :laugh: feels like deja vu

happened with Gotze, Mata

sad thing is that, we'll end up with matt Jarvis on loan :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    I hope you get Suarez. :rofl: For those not wanting him because of his character, fair enough, but in that respect I actually like him better than Rooney. At least the outrage about Suarez makes him kind of funny; Rooney is just a moron with no charisma whatsoever. Both would probably secretly feel "too good for Arsenal", but at least Suarez is going up, while Rooney would be going down. Yeah and I know nobody agrees, so don't bother. :rofl:
    Oddly enough I would actually be inclined to agree with you. Suarez is probably the lesser of the two evils. While Suarez is definitely a nuisance, Rooney just seems like a spoilt child without any reason to be. I would still not be overly pleased if either came to the club though but as a supporter of the club all I can do is get behind the team on match days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Looks like we won't be making a move for Fabregas. Pity really.

Apparently we are matching Tottenham's 100k a week offer for Gareth Barry.

I think come the beginning of the new season we still will be looking for players. As smart as Wenger thinks he is, this has been one thing he's never understood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we get Barry... I will cry, all the hard work off getting annoying players off the wage bill and we go and sign him.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez is not a 'racist' or a 'scumbag cheater'. I hate it when people buy into the media's agenda. Sure he's not the best person, but his personality derives from his upbringing. If anything we need more players like him, players that will do anything to win. We've had way too many 'timid' players recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    If we get Barry... I will cry, all the hard work off getting annoying players off the wage bill and we go and sign him.
    Yeah I think he's passed it and I'd rather have Arteta as our DM.

Sky Sports is now saying that there's a four way battle for Fabregas - Arsenal, UTD, Chelsea and City. But there's also reports saying he wishes to stay in Spain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Suarez is not a 'racist' or a 'scumbag cheater'. I hate it when people buy into the media's agenda. Sure he's not the best person, but his personality derives from his upbringing. If anything we need more players like him, players that will do anything to win. We've had way too many 'timid' players recently.
    Thats not really an argument. His 'personality derives from his upbringing'? Doesn't everybody's? Its no excuse to act like a ****. Anyway I think I know what you mean. We need a winner but is Suarez really the answer?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think he's passed it and I'd rather have Arteta as our DM.

Sky Sports is now saying that there's a four way battle for Fabregas - Arsenal, UTD, Chelsea and City. But there's also reports saying he wishes to stay in Spain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Give up hes not moving. Sooner you realize that the better it will be :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Thats not really an argument. His 'personality derives from his upbringing'? Doesn't everybody's? Its no excuse to act like a ****. Anyway I think I know what you mean. We need a winner but is Suarez really the answer?
    He comes from the Uruguay slums, he's had to grind his way to the top. I take your point, all I'm saying is that Suarez deficiencies have been sensationalized in the media. I think that Suarez is the best striker we could possibly sign and if he joins there is no doubt he'll give his all for the club.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take Suarez in a heart beat and plus it'll annoy the Liverpool fans. Higuain seems like a distant memory so why not Suarez, I'm willing to look past his problems, he's a top player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Football fans are fickle anyway when Suarez starts scoring for Arsenal all Arsenal fans will love him even if he is a scumbag.

On another note heard on sky sports news that Arsenal representatives are meeting QPR for Stephane M'bia 😂 Rofl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I'd take Suarez in a heart beat and plus it'll annoy the Liverpool fans. Higuain seems like a distant memory so why not Suarez, I'm willing to look past his problems, he's a top player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Out of all all the clubs in the world, I'd imagine that Arsenal are the club we'd be the least willing to sell Suarez to (even moreso than Man Utd or Everton).

No doubt FSG have taken note of RVP's sale from Arsenal to Man Utd and taken account how much it strengthened Man Utd.

FSG know how vital it is for us to try and finish in the top 4 and win a CL spot. Out of the current top 4 clubs, Arsenal are probably the most likely to be vunerable to finishing outside of the top 4 next seeason.

So it makes no sense for us to sell our best player to our direct rival competing for 4th - weakening ourselves and strengthening our opponents. Yes we'd get a boost to our coffers in the short term but there's no other benefit tangible to us. We'd be better to sell abroad. Even if we sold Suarez to Chelsea, it would be less likely to impact us than selling to Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Out of all all the clubs in the world, I'd imagine that Arsenal are the club we'd be the least willing to sell Suarez to (even moreso than Man Utd or Everton).

No doubt FSG have taken note of RVP's sale from Arsenal to Man Utd and taken account how much it strengthened Man Utd.

FSG know how vital it is for us to try and finish in the top 4 and win a CL spot. Out of the current top 4 clubs, Arsenal are probably the most likely to be vunerable to finishing outside of the top 4 next seeason.

So it makes no sense for us to sell our best player to our direct rival competing for 4th - weakening ourselves and strengthening our opponents. Yes we'd get a boost to our coffers in the short term but there's no other benefit tangible to us. We'd be better to sell abroad. Even if we sold Suarez to Chelsea, it would be less likely to impact us than selling to Arsenal.
    FSG can take note of all they want but when a player wants out, the player gets it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    FSG can take note of all they want but when a player wants out, the player gets it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed that there is a lot more player power than before so they usually hold most of the cards.

Points to note re Suarez:
    He has 3 years left on his contract
    As we own his registration, we can decide who we sell to. Just because we might agree to sell him for 35mil to Real Madrid, does not mean we have to agree the same price with Arsenal - the club can still refuse any offer that Arsenal make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Give up hes not moving. Sooner you realize that the better it will be :lol:
    i wish someone would tell this to the media and they actually understood it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    i wish someone would tell this to the media and they actually understood it.
    Just trying to sell stories haha

Cesc isn't moving so people need to stop fantasizing :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Just trying to sell stories haha

Cesc isn't moving so people need to stop fantasizing :lol:
    Any reports of this in Spain? I know that ever reliable Ballague wrote about it in that ever unpartisan AS newspaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Any reports of this in Spain? I know that ever reliable Ballague wrote about it in that ever unpartisan AS newspaper.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Spanish papers were leaking false info haha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Cazorla dived earlier in the season to win us a penalty that ultimately won us the match (can't remember which one) and no Arsenal supporters seem to call him a scumbag cheater. When a player is your own you never do - look how much LFC fans stuck up for Suarez, if he was our player we'd do exactly the same.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.