Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fedorahat88)
    As an outsider, I always hear media reporting Corbyn to be the Trump of the UK, why is that ?
    I mean, I think he is not that low ... but that is just my opinion

Labour likes to loosen austerity and increase government spending right?
    Surely to be the Trump of the UK you have to be anti-establishment? Which is the point they are probably trying to make.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Surely to be the Trump of the UK you have to be anti-establishment? Which is the point they are probably trying to make.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He has much more in common with Bernie Sanders than Donald Trump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    The Legal Eagle welcome back! it's fair to say the House has missed you.
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Hear hear!
    Awh, thank you guys! Means a lot!

ReputationRep:
    You lot are taking so long to announce a Cabinet that I can just hear a VoNC coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    You lot are taking so long to announce a Cabinet that I can just hear a VoNC coming.
    Hold your horses for crying out loud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Hold your horses for crying out loud.
    What's the holdup? The Tories have managed to announce their Shadow Cabinet long before.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What's the holdup? The Tories have managed to announce their Shadow Cabinet long before.
    We announced out cabinet roughly 24 hours after the government was announced

ReputationRep:
    Because they're a single party rather than a coalition, have known they were going to be a single-party opposition for some time, and haven't had a leader busy with uni work or off in Russia. Rest assured you'll hear the announcement once it's ready.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Because they're a single party rather than a coalition, have known they were going to be a single-party opposition for some time, and haven't had a leader busy with uni work or off in Russia. Rest assured you'll hear the announcement once it's ready.
    Already sounds like the Coalition is under strain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Already sounds like the Coalition is under strain
    Just a case of bad timing really, especially as we want to make sure we get the cabinet right rather than rush out something we come to regret
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Just a case of bad timing really, especially as we want to make sure we get the cabinet right rather than rush out something we come to regret
    It was a joke...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hello coalition buddies,

When you make your tea, is it milk first or last?

All I can hear is you eating your words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Hello coalition buddies,

When you make your tea, is it milk first or last?

All I can hear is you eating your words.
    I am not and was not eating my words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    We announced out cabinet roughly 24 hours after the government was announced
    I know that.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I am not and was not eating my words.
    Yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Yet.
    I have no reason to eat my words in the future.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What is the point of having a Deputy Leader if not to step in when the leader is away or overburdened, and staging a coup doesn't count? When were shadow cabinet "applications" formally opened? Not at all long before the results of the negotiations were announced with people having expressed interest in SoS/SSoS positions prior. Now, are you saying that which party gets what was not part of the negotiations, or that people had failed to express interest in positions until the results of negotiations were announced?

And are you doing that really silly thing that LUG did where you give everybody a position, even if it is a stupid and pointless one?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And are you doing that really silly thing that LUG did where you give everybody a position, even if it is a stupid and pointless one?
    Absolutely not, if anything the reverse will be happening and positions will be merged. Quite how far Ray has got with that I don't know.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    One must remember that the left enjoy creating new and inventive ways to make every process even more beaurocratic. It takes time to elect a minister for equality as i'm sure they'll have, afterall said minister may need to use a gender toilet (there may not be one) while this important selection takes place.

ReputationRep:
    You know jack **** about my work schedule, comrade, and I'm sure it wouldn't take us so long (already more than a week) to sort this out in a similar position given that it took us less than two days to appoint our Shadow Cabinet from scratch. You know, active membership and all…

I think that the problem is your balls turning blue in Liberal hands. :mmm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.