Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I think you'll find that Evil Fish and I rule the roost here :colonhash: . And flirting :teehee: ? Don't flatter yourself :smug: .

Whoa, hats off to you My school wouldn't let me do five, but I kinda think that's for the best because I'm not the most organised of people . Have you been to any open days yet to see what the med schools are like?
    I'm the thread king, Pandora's the thread queen, you two are far inferior compared to us, end of discussion. Yes, your flirting is why I stayed away from this thread for ages. On, and: :punct:

Hats off to me indeed. :smug: Nothing wrong with that, there's no advantage of doing 5, I'm just doing a 5th for "fun".

(Original post by NikolaT)
    So much burn, all at once...
    You guys bully me so much. FYI, the only reason why this thread became active back when you guys were in year 10 was because of me. :smug:

(Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    Go right ahead. We need to form an alliance against those pesky ducks.
    *****. (I meant that in the context of your profile picture, btw, not as an actual insult. ).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I'm the thread king, Pandora's the thread queen, you two are far inferior compared to us, end of discussion. Yes, your flirting is why I stayed away from this thread for ages. On, and: :punct:

Hats off to me indeed. :smug: Nothing wrong with that, there's no advantage of doing 5, I'm just doing a 5th for "fun".

You guys bully me so much. FYI, the only reason why this thread became active back when you guys were in year 10 was because of me. :smug:

*****. (I meant that in the context of your profile picture, btw, not as an actual insult. ).
    Nonononono. You may have command over your silly year 13s, but here in the year 12 thread that you can't keep away from, Fish and I reign supreme.

Well, clearly you liked my 'flirting' enough to crawl back with your tail between your legs. No one else would touch you with a barge pole, I guess :smug: .

Psssht, in your dreams. Mango, Fish, Mancunian, Techno and I ran the show in year 10 (seems so long ago now :moon: ! )

Motherducker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I'll be in these labs for the next four years :teehee:

Dat cough mixture :sogood:
    Omg... :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing maths and further maths? But like doing all of the maths A level first rather than two separate ASs? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexandraScarlet)
    Anyone else doing maths and further maths? But like doing all of the maths A level first rather than two separate ASs? D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't remember which, but that's either the most common way or a really weird way to do it :lol: My class is doing C1, S1 and C2 until Christmas (possibly longer) and then FP1 and FP2 and other modules (I presume) 'til summer.

I might end up having to drop some A Levels due to workload once my other subjects start picking up :mmm: I hope not, but I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chem, Psych (which I'm definitely dropping), Latin, Creative Writing and the EPQ all at once here

ReputationRep:
    Whoaaa, so shhh don't tell anyone but I totally forgot how TSR works :P

(Original post by techno836)
    Kit^2a^5y nice to see you again x
    Hey! How's it going? I totally forgot that Kit^2a^5y was a thing, it's nice to see it again

(Original post by Glitch96)
    Grilled Kitty :yucky: You're not actually in Thailand are you?
    Don't knock it til you've tried it
    And yeah I am, shh.

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :teeth: I'm cool enough to have your number anyway :smug:

No, she pretends for the fun of it
    "Cool" .. We must have different definitions for it

(Original post by The Financier)
    Welcome back!
    Thank you! <3

(Original post by sarahiscool)
    omg hey, you haven't posted in ages ? hows life ?
    Good good, IB life is busy as heck though, how about you?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittaaaaay)
    Kittay! :jumphug: It's been too long since we last spoke. How's life been treating you?

ReputationRep:

Hey! How's it going? I totally forgot that Kit^2a^5y was a thing, it's nice to see it again

And yeah I am, shh.

Thank you! <3

Hey :hi: I just came back also, although I can't recall if you left before I disappeared without obvious warning (although I doubt my disappearance was a surprise at the time) :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added )
    Subjects

Mathematics

AQA: Red Fox ; a123a ; turtleslikekiwi ; tsjmcgrath ; FelixTheKat ; Aimen_Hassan ; JPL9457 ; sr234 ; themancunian ; KirenA ; Doomlar ; Ninjasrule ;
    Edexcel: Zed963 ; aasvogel ; Peaches & cream ; Zerock ; wakemeup ; infinity_4652 ; Gracey11 ; MattFletcher ; Ambulare ; Mollyh77 ; Sarahiscool ; Farhan96 ; SophieB1997 ; Elm Tree ; LeFailFish ; Teh Smart One ; Georgiecat ; Dalek1099 ; Darnell LD97 ; architect_2022 ; NikolaT ; Thekingsays ; Peaaceandl0ve ; XxKingSniprxX ; Toriar ; Vashappeninkira ; Glitch96 ; hisdark ; PathosL ; Little Tail Chaser ;
    OCR: Tibbz2 ; Liv_97 ; SophF_rth ; overthelove ; mitchellshazia ; JustaDreamer ; emcat ; sarcasmrules ; LeoMantys ; Molly_xox ; NinjaPandaa ;
    MEI: Techno836 ; The Financier ; lilmi52_elmo ; Lucas. ; Meliss ; Kai Bloodworth ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ; Cynical. : blamethenargles ;
    CCEA: Molly648 ; Niassuh ; MatthewP01 ;

Biology

AQA: Zed963 ; Molly648 ; Peaches & cream ; Zerock ; wakemeup ; Gracey11 ; Gretel_ ; emcat ; LeFailFish ; Teh Smart One ; Georgiecat ; sr234 ; Politepedant ;
    Edexcel: turtleslikekiwi ; JustaDreamer ; lolface32 ; alicemforsyth ; Dannyboy1236 ;
    OCR: Techno836 ; Molly_xox ; a123a ; lilmi52_elmo ; obdreno ; mitchellshazia ; Sarahiscool ; Aimen_Hassan ; DianaOJ ; EvasiveRose ; Vashappeninkira ; Little Tail Chaser ;
    OCR- A: HeyThereHarry ; overthelove ; Ninjasrule ; PathosL ;
    OCR-B: Liv_97 ;
    WJEC: vampirebobfish ; Doomlar ; L'Evil Fish ;
    CCEA: mascot of NI ; Mollyh77 ; Niassuh ;

Chemistry

AQA: Zed963 ; Peaches & cream ; Zerock ; Molly_xox ; Gracey11 ; Cynical. : Gretel_ ; Farhan96 ; LeFailFish ; JPL9457 ; sr234 ; Doomlar ; hisdark ;
    Edexcel: Liv_97 ; SophieB1997 ; Georgiecat ;
    OCR-A: Techno836 ; L'Evil Fish ; Red Fox ; HeyThereHarry ; Tibbz2 ; mascot of NI ; Molly648 ; wakemeup ; a123a ; Sophie238 ; MattFletcher ; lilmi52_elmo ; overthelove ; mitchellshazia ; JustaDreamer ; FelixTheKat ; Elm Tree ; Aimen_Hassan ; DianaOJ ; lolface32 ; Darnell LD97 ; vampirebobfish ; Dannyboy1236 ; EvasiveRose ; LeoManys ; Vashappeninkira ; Ninjasrule ; PathosL ;
    OCR-B(salters): turtleslikekiwi ; obdreno ; Little Tail Chaser ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA: Mollyh77 ; Niassuh ; MatthewP01 ;

Physics

AQA - A: Zed963 ; Zerock ; Cynical. : Farhan96 ; LeFailFish ; Teh Smart One ; Dalek1099 ; JPL9457 ; LeoManys ; Glitch96 ; Doomlar ; hisdark ;
    AQA - B:
    Edexcel: turtleslikekiwi ; mitchellshazia ; SophieB1997 ; lolface32 ; Darnell LD97 ; XxKingSniprxX ; Kai Bloodworth ;
    OCR-A: Techno836 ; L'Evil Fish ; Red Fox ; infinity_4652 ; Sarahiscool ; FelixTheKat ; Elm Tree ; Aimen_Hassan ; vampirebobfish ; architect_2022 ; themancunian ; a123a ; Ninjasrule ; PathosL ; Little Tail Chaser ;
    OCR-B: Tibbz2 ; MattFletcher ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA: Mollyh77 (maybe) ; MatthewP01 ;

English Language and Literature

AQA: Ambulare ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

English Literature

AQA: Dougieowner ; JustaDreamer ; emcat ; harrybithell 196 ; alicemforsyth ; Politepedant ; NinjaPandaa ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR: Sophie238 ; Dannyboy1236 ; EvasiveRose ;
    WJEC: blamethenargles ; jenniejubjub ;
    CCEA: mascot of NI ; aasvogel ;

English Language

AQA: Tess_rach ; Dougieowner ;
    Edexcel: Mr.Nor ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Further Maths

AQA: FelixTheKat ; Aimen_Hassan ; JPL9457 ; themancunian ; Doomlar ;
    Edexcel: aasvogel ; infinity_4652 ; Mollyh77 ; Sarahiscool ; Farhan96 ; SophieB1997 ; Dalek1099 ; Darnell LD97 ; hisdark ;
    OCR: Tibbz2 ; mitchellshazia ; sarcasmrules ; LeoManys ; NinjaPandaa ;
    MEI: (Techno836) ; The Financier ; Meliss ; Kai Bloodworth ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ;
    CCEA:

Additional Further Maths

Edexcel:
    MEI: The Financier ;

Statistics

AQA:
    MEI (AS):

History

AQA: Mr.Nor ; Ambulare ; Politepedant ; Peaaceandl0ve ; Vashappeninkira ;
    Edexcel: tsjmcgrath ; Sophie238 ; harrybithell 196 ; XxKingSniprxX ;
    OCR: Tess_rach ; emcat ; Teh Smart One ; alicemforsyth ; KirenA ;
    OCR B: architect_2022 ;
    WJEC: jenniejubjub ; EvasiveRose ;
    CCEA: Niassuh ; MatthewP01 ;

Ancient History

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: themancunian ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Geography

AQA: Molly648 ; obdreno ; Georgiecat ; gomg ; alicemforsyth ; Dannyboy1236 ; Dalek1099 ;
    Edexcel: Liv_97 ; Peaaceandl0ve ;
    OCR: Sarahiscool ; vampirebobfish ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ;
    CCEA:

Spanish

AQA: Tess_rach ; Molly_xox ; Ninjasrule ;
    Edexcel: HeyThereHarry ; lizziecr ;
    OCR:
    WJEC: Dougieowner ; blamethenargles ; harrybithell 196 ;
    CCEA: mascot of NI ; aasvogel ;

French

AQA: Tess_rach ; Sophie238 ; obdreno ; gomg ; Toriar ; Meliss ; Ninjasrule ;
    Edexcel: sarcasmrules ; XxKingSniprxX (A2) ;
    OCR: infinity_4652 ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ; Dougieowner ; overthelove ;
    CCEA: aasvogel ;

German

AQA: Gracey11 ; SophieB1997 ; Peaaceandl0ve ;
    Edexcel: Peaches & cream ; lizziecr ;
    OCR:
    WJEC: Aimen_Hassan (A2) ; Lucas. ;
    CCEA:

Mandarin

AQA:
    Edexcel: NinjaPandaa ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Latin

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: NikolaT ; Blake-inator ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Psychology

AQA: wakemeup ; Gretel_ ; DianaOJ ; lolface32 ;
    AQA B:
    Edexcel: Lucas. ;
    OCR: SophF_rth ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Economics

AQA: tsjmcgrath ; lilmi52_elmo ; sr234 ; NikolaT ; Politepedant ; XxKingSniprxX ; KirenA ; Toriar ; Glitch96 ;
    Edexcel: The Financier ; Elm Tree ; lizziecr ;
    OCR: Thekingsays ; NinjaPandaa ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Law

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: harrybithell 196 ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Music

AQA:
    Edexcel: blamethenargles ; iLOVEmusic1234 ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Geology

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: HeyThereHarry ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Business Studies

AQA: SophF_rth ; Ambulare ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Government and Politics

AQA:
    Edexcel: SophF_rth ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Politics

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: NikolaT ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Philosophy and Ethics

AQA:
    Edexcel: XxKingSniprxX ;
    OCR: Gretel_ ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Computing

AQA: The Financier ; FelixTheKat ; lizziecr ; sarcasmrules ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR: Glitch96 ; hisdark ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

IT

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: Kai Bloodworth ;
    WJEC: MattFletcher ;
    CCEA:

Welsh Baccalaureate

WJEC: L'Evil Fish ; Cynical. :

Sociology

AQA: DianaOJ ; iLOVEmusic1234 ; Lucas. ; KirenA ;
    OCR: Mr.Nor ; Toriar ;

Dance

AQA: Tess_rach

Drama

AQA: Cynical. :
    WJEC: jenniejubjub ;

Film

WJEC: Mr.Nor ;

Product Design

AQA: Tsjmcgrath ;

Media

OCR: iLOVEmusic1234 ;
    AQA: gomg ;
    WJEC: jenniejubjub ;

Fine Art

Edexcel: architect_2022

Religious Studies

AQA: Thekingsays ;

Music Technology

Edexcel: Meliss ;

Scottish Highers

Princepieman :- Higher French, English, Maths, Physics Technological Studies and (Chemistry)

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths
    http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :cool:

Hi, I'm Lula. I'm studying biology, chemistry, physics, and maths. In a few weeks I'm hoping to start further maths too. I started two weeks ago, but it's okay so far. I'm hoping I won't get too stressed out like I did at GCSE...

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm also an AS student. I'm currently studying English Lang, Chemistry, Biology, Sociology and Maths

Edit: anyone doing OCR for their sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone sorry for not being on here much in the last week.I have been very ill recently but I have still been going to College because of how important my studies are.I was discharged from hospital on Monday Morning(giving me just about enough time to get to College on time), after going in with the feeling of extreme thirst and shaking, and given antibiotics- with an Echocardiagram scheduled because the doctors measured my resting rate as high as 160bpm at times and said that I had a slight murmur.After leaving hospital, I have had a really bad cold and I have felt a lack of appetite for food and felt generally unwell etc-I hope that I can get better and that my heart isn't too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoopaTroopa)
    Hey everyone! I'm also an AS student. I'm currently studying English Lang, Chemistry, Biology, Sociology and Maths

Edit: anyone doing OCR for their sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing OCR biology! The other sciences are on Edexcel for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagreenleaf)
    I'm doing OCR biology! The other sciences are on Edexcel for me.
    That's great! What have you covered in Biology so far? Btw I'm doing Edexcel for Maths though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Hi everyone sorry for not being on here much in the last week.I have been very ill recently but I have still been going to College because of how important my studies are.I was discharged from hospital on Monday Morning(giving me just about enough time to get to College on time), after going in with the feeling of extreme thirst and shaking, and given antibiotics- with an Echocardiagram scheduled because the doctors measured my resting rate as high as 160bpm at times and said that I had a slight murmur.After leaving hospital, I have had a really bad cold and I have felt a lack of appetite for food and felt generally unwell etc-I hope that I can get better and that my heart isn't too bad.
    Hope you get well soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoopaTroopa)
    That's great! What have you covered in Biology so far? Btw I'm doing Edexcel for Maths though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have two teachers - with one we're doing cells {organelles and their functions} and protein synthesis at the moment, and with the other we're doing biodiversity and evolution. We're doing our first piece of coursework on Thursday, for the biodiversity module.

Ah, Maths is AQA {I didn't count that under my "sciences" oops} for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Get well soon

ReputationRep:
    I have two teachers - with one we're doing cells {organelles and their functions} and protein synthesis at the moment, and with the other we're doing biodiversity and evolution. We're doing our first piece of coursework on Thursday, for the biodiversity module.

Ah, Maths is AQA {I didn't count that under my "sciences" oops} for me
    Ohh alright. I have just one teacher. We've covered a few lessons on Water, Carbohydrates, proteins etc. I'm guessing its the biochemistry part. Its really interesting imo

Oh lol, I only mentioned Maths since that's the only Edexcel I'm doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

And yeah I am, shh.

Thank you! <3

5 As's are rather time consuming too :rolleyes: how have you been

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Lula. I'm studying biology, chemistry, physics, and maths. In a few weeks I'm hoping to start further maths too. I started two weeks ago, but it's okay so far. I'm hoping I won't get too stressed out like I did at GCSE...
    What exam boards ?

ReputationRep:
    What exam boards ?
    Oops, sorry!

Biology - OCR
    Chemistry and physics - Edexcel
    Maths - AQA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.