Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Somali Society Mk III Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    The only somali man that drives a royce as a taxi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    You competing with a mali bruh? His royce is blue like the somali flag!

ReputationRep:
    This guy who is blatantly somali said his half white on twitter! I cant deal with this **** anymore.

ReputationRep:
    This guy who is blatantly somali said his half white on twitter! I cant deal with this **** anymore.
    This pakistani says he's half white, maybe he's right (that rhymes) :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    This pakistani says he's half white, maybe he's right (that rhymes) :mmm:

Nah he is black bruh he is on the face of Black History Month according to Kent Student Union.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    OMG THIS MAYBE OLD BUT THIS SOMALI MAN NUR WARSAME WAS MARRIED APPARENTLY AND HE HAD A WIFE :lolwut: AND HAS A YOUNG DAUGHTER. HE CAME OUT. HE IS A GAY IMAN!!!!
    Due to the social unacceptability of being gay in many communities, gay people are often forced to hide their feelings and try to "act normal". The lengths they have to go to cover and hide their homosexuality often requires them to marry and have children, so as to appear as normal as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Nah he is black bruh he is on the face of Black History Month according to Kent Student Union.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :facepalm:
    lmao wtaf hahhaha yeah he's totally black hehe :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Krept: 'feel my d in her abs call me abdi'
    Konan: 'Swear on your mother's life'
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Due to the social unacceptability of being gay in many communities, gay people are often forced to hide their feelings and try to "act normal". The lengths they have to go to cover and hide their homosexuality often requires them to marry and have children, so as to appear as normal as possible.
    This isnt fair on the wife he married and the child he had.
    lmao wtaf hahhaha yeah he's totally black hehe :rofl:
    He is blacker than drake :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm quarter somali, one third chinese, one sixth cherokee indian, one fifth arab, and one nineteenth brazilian :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Gay people can still be parents. He can still support his child, regardless of his sexuality. Is it unfair on his wife? Yes. But I can understand his position. If you do perceive this to be a problem, a solution might be to campaign for LGBT rights within the community. If being gay was more socially acceptable, then such a situation would be less likely to happen.

Also part of the problem is that some people on the internet (and I have seen it on TSR) suggest that gay people should force themselves to become straight by having a wife and whatnot. So again, the problem there is stemming from a failure to accept people's sexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Gay people can still be parents. He can still support his child, regardless of his sexuality. Is it unfair on his wife? Yes. But I can understand his position. If you do perceive this to be a problem, a solution might be to campaign for LGBT rights within the community. If being gay was more socially acceptable, then such a situation would be less likely to happen.

Also part of the problem is that some people on the internet (and I have seen it on TSR) suggest that gay people should force themselves to become straight by having a wife and whatnot. So again, the problem there is stemming from a failure to accept people's sexuality.
    Totally solves the entires situation :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    I'm quarter somali, one third chinese, one sixth cherokee indian, one fifth arab, and one nineteenth brazilian :proud:
    1/19 brazilian eh :sexface:
    :rofl: but really i dont get these types of somalis :erm:

ReputationRep:

He is blacker than drake :rofl:
    lol no he isn't wtf

ReputationRep:
    Totally solves the entires situation :rolleyes:
    Well obviously it doesn't work and does not solve this issue at hand, namely the issue of homophobia and the social attitudes towards homosexuality. One doesn't choose their sexuality, and yet there is still a worrying number of people who push this stance of "gay therapy". I know Zamestaneh has spoken out in support of this sort of this "gay therapy" before and wishes to "encourage" gay people to become bisexual and have heterosexual relationships. And these sort of bogus "gay therapy" is what results in men like this guy getting married, and sadly as you point out, this is unfair on the wife.

ReputationRep:
    lol no he isn't wtf
    Sarcasm

Well obviously it doesn't work and does not solve this issue at hand, namely the issue of homophobia and the social attitudes towards homosexuality. One doesn't choose their sexuality, and yet there is still a worrying number of people who push this stance of "gay therapy". I know Zamestaneh has spoken out in support of this sort of this "gay therapy" before and wishes to "encourage" gay people to become bisexual and have heterosexual relationships. And these sort of bogus "gay therapy" is what results in men like this guy getting married, and sadly as you point out, this is unfair on the wife.
    Zamestaneh

ReputationRep:
    Sarcasm

Zamestaneh
    Might as well create a separate thread if you want to start a debate on this topic.

ReputationRep:
    Might as well create a separate thread if you want to start a debate on this topic.
    Nah bruh :noway:

ReputationRep:
    Sarcasm

Zamestaneh
    I won't elaborate on this much, so no need for a new thread.
    I think Muslim society needs to be more open about admitting if one suffers from such attractions and not ostracise them for those feelings. As people would be more open about admitting their inclinations, they can therefore receive help earlier and more effectively. With this in mind, people should then mention if they have these feelings before they marry; I have never ever condoned keeping these feelings secret from a potential spouse and then springing it on them later when it doesn't work out.

Naturally you (Epicurean) disagree with me, but there is nothing to debate here, so take my point, choke on your weetabix and carry on :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    I won't elaborate on this much, so no need for a new thread.
    I think Muslim society needs to be more open about admitting if one suffers from such attractions and not ostracise them for those feelings. As people would be more open about admitting their inclinations, they can therefore receive help earlier and more effectively. With this in mind, people should then mention if they have these feelings before they marry; I have never ever condoned keeping these feelings secret from a potential spouse and then springing it on them later when it doesn't work out.

Naturally you (Epicurean) disagree with me, but there is nothing to debate here, so take my point, choke on your weetabix and carry on :yy:
    Weetabix gives me a stomach ache :hmmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.