Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveowls123)
    PFO?
    Pfo - please F off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Shearman and Sterling's Open Day next month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adriennbrigden)
    It is 8th May. They told me when they rang me. If I do get through to it I will be having a brilliant birthday haha.
    Did you get an AC invite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Did you get an AC invite?
    My interview is at 5, so fingers crossed! Have you had one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    whilst i appreciate your eye for detail I think its rather petty that you are checking grammar on an informal forum- surely you could be doing better things with your time

u wot m8

Don't worry, the post between yours and mine here was from the person commenting on your grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, we're law students wanting to be solicitors. Attention to detail is crucial, even on an informal forum.

u wot m8

Shut up you said/typed this^^^ so you're in no room to talk about grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaand because I think my post might have been caught up in a bit of a spat, has anyone else applied for an open day at Shearman and Sterling in June? Or has anyone ever been to their offices/one of their events?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthwools)
    Still nothing yet. Best of luck with your application!
    Still nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camaieu)
    Aaaaand because I think my post might have been caught up in a bit of a spat, has anyone else applied for an open day at Shearman and Sterling in June? Or has anyone ever been to their offices/one of their events?
    Yeah I have, but haven't heard anything from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    The process is over! Close of play:

RPC: offer, accepted.

Shearman & Sterling: offer, accepted.

Dentons: offer, accepted.

HFW: AC, rejected.

Reed Smith: application, SJ test, rejected.

CMS: application, WG test, rejected.

Thank god that's over! Good luck to everyone still waiting on replies!
    Congratulations!

Would you mind giving me some advice on the first round interview with Dentons? Any advice would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had to a numerical reasoning test for a law firm? I have done the SHL practice test and it was insanely hard, mainly because of the time allocated to do the questions! How did the practice test and the real thing compare in terms of difficulty? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robstaza1)
    Still nothing!
    According to the @HD_Trainees twitter page they have just sent out offers for HD apprenticeships. Hopefully that means it's our turn next.

ReputationRep:
    According to the @HD_Trainees twitter page they have just sent out offers for HD apprenticeships. Hopefully that means it's our turn next.
    Maybe... maybe not. It's so slow!

ReputationRep:
    Nearly had a heart attack when I read this hahah- misread it! I'd rather just know now either way it's dragging out far too long!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had to a numerical reasoning test for a law firm? I have done the SHL practice test and it was insanely hard, mainly because of the time allocated to do the questions! How did the practice test and the real thing compare in terms of difficulty? Thanks
    Yes, I've done quite a few. None for law firms admittedly, but for investment banks and asset management firms. I'm afraid the real thing is much along the same vein as the practice tests. It's worth doing as many tests as you possibly can. For what it's worth, I don't think you are expected to answer them all in the the time provided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Nearly had a heart attack when I read this hahah- misread it! I'd rather just know now either way it's dragging out far too long!!
    I might ring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camaieu)
    Yes, I've done quite a few. None for law firms admittedly, but for investment banks and asset management firms. I'm afraid the real thing is much along the same vein as the practice tests. It's worth doing as many tests as you possibly can. For what it's worth, I don't think you are expected to answer them all in the the time provided.
    I was wondering whether there's a different standard for law firms as opposed to investment banks.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether there's a different standard for law firms as opposed to investment banks.
    Depends on the firm - I think every employer has different benchmarks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Has anyone got a VS with Eversheds, Manchester?

Yes, me!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely - they might use a different "norm" group to assess you against and might have a slightly lower percentile ranking benchmark, but I would put money on it being the same "norm" group (basic graduate - professional services one) and a similar percentile ranking to other organisations.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.