Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hamas terrorists murder 18 palestinians in 24 hours

No tears from the left wing. Silence from Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Nice day out for the kids to see 18 people gunned down. 'palestinian' society at its most beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    A claim not corroborated by any other senior Hamas official and which experts have cast doubt on.
    what 'experts' ? pretty much all commentators came to conclusion hamas started this all off by the kidnappings a long time back

ReputationRep:
    Gaza counts cost of war as more than 360 factories destroyed or damaged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    what 'experts' ? pretty much all commentators came to conclusion hamas started this all off by the kidnappings a long time back
    Israel has the right to act in self-defence but its response to the pinpricks of rocket attacks was totally disproportionate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil08)
    Israel has the right to act in self-defence but its response to the pinpricks of rocket attacks was totally disproportionate.
    i dont that any of that is a valid statement. who are we to deice what is proportionate when dealing with islamic terrorists? they have moved the goalposts

ReputationRep:
    Keeping the rocket launchers safe with child shields

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    ok? Except Hamas didn't do it judging by what I have here in front of me. People who were formerly members of Hamas did it independent of Hamas. Also from this information, it appears that both sides are as much to blame (possibly Israel more so, but that's mainly just my bias); Israel attacked a rocket crew on 29/06/14 killing a Hamas operative, the next day Hamas retaliated (being the first time Hamas itself had attacked since the war in 2012. 6/7/14, Israel bombs the home of a Hamas operative killing 7, Hamas declared it war crimes and all Israelis as legitimate targets and assumed responsibilities for attacks and everything spiraled out of control.

Also, to say that Israel is such a great democracy, interesting to see the censorship of the press. The government knew from the off that the kidnapped Israelis were dead and used the search-and-rescue as an excuse to dismantle Hamas in the west bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    ok? Except Hamas didn't do it judging by what I have here in front of me. People who were formerly members of Hamas did it independent of Hamas. Also from this information, it appears that both sides are as much to blame (possibly Israel more so, but that's mainly just my bias); Israel attacked a rocket crew on 29/06/14 killing a Hamas operative, the next day Hamas retaliated (being the first time Hamas itself had attacked since the war in 2012. 6/7/14, Israel bombs the home of a Hamas operative killing 7, Hamas declared it war crimes and all Israelis as legitimate targets and assumed responsibilities for attacks and everything spiraled out of control.

Also, to say that Israel is such a great democracy, interesting to see the censorship of the press. The government knew from the off that the kidnapped Israelis were dead and used the search-and-rescue as an excuse to dismantle Hamas in the west bank.
    isreal is a democracy, i dont agree its a 'great democracy'. certainly not on the level of the islamists, as hamas tried and executed in the street 11 palestinians inside 4 hours as suspected 'informers'.

PS if israel attacked a rocket site first, then they didnt start the conflcit, hamas did
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    isreal is a democracy, i dont agree its a 'great democracy'. certainly not on the level of the islamists, as hamas tried and executed in the street 11 palestinians inside 4 hours as suspected 'informers'.

PS if israel attacked a rocket site first, then they didnt start the conflcit, hamas did
    So you believe that only Hamas fires rockets? How naive.

ReputationRep:
    So you believe that only Hamas fires rockets? How naive.
    hamas generally fires them first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Keeping the rocket launchers safe with child shields

They were placed there by the American Israeli zionist Jewish media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    hamas generally fires them first
    Hamas hadn't fired a rocket for two years between the end of the 2012 conflict and the end of June when Hamas got involved again an average of 5 rockets/mortars per month were fired. If it were Hamas, with their substantial supplies, why would it be so few? And why is it that when Hamas declare themselves involved the rate shoots right up if they were doing it all along?

And you say "generally" fire first? Well, in this conflict they didn't.
    November 2012 conflict: unclear
    March 2012: Hamas not even involved
    2008-9: What's that, ISrael launched a military incursion into Gaza in Novemeber? The IDF killed a civilian in Norther Gaza on 17/12?
    Operation Hot winter: I'll give you that one
    Hmmm? 1 Started by Hamas, 2 by Israel, one caused by both. You were saying?

ReputationRep:
    Hamas hadn't fired a rocket for two years between the end of the 2012 conflict and the end of June when Hamas got involved again an average of 5 rockets/mortars per month were fired. If it were Hamas, with their substantial supplies, why would it be so few? And why is it that when Hamas declare themselves involved the rate shoots right up if they were doing it all along?

And you say "generally" fire first? Well, in this conflict they didn't.
    November 2012 conflict: unclear
    March 2012: Hamas not even involved
    2008-9: What's that, ISrael launched a military incursion into Gaza in Novemeber? The IDF killed a civilian in Norther Gaza on 17/12?
    Operation Hot winter: I'll give you that one
    Hmmm? 1 Started by Hamas, 2 by Israel, one caused by both. You were saying?
    who else fires military grade rockets from gaza if not hamas?:confused: not really sure what you are trying to say here

they started this conficlt too, by A kidnapping kids and B preparing to fire rockets ( which israel hapend to blow up, fiar enough if you ask me.

as i said before islamists are in control of gaza, they are frankly scum of the earth and are the reason why there is no peace in that reason.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    who else fires military grade rockets from gaza if not hamas?:confused: not really sure what you are trying to say here
    Are you saying that you believe that Hamas is the only Islamist group in Gaza, because that's where you're wrong.

they started this conficlt too, by A kidnapping kids and B preparing to fire rockets ( which israel hapend to blow up, fiar enough if you ask me.
    Again, you think that Hamas are the only Islamists? I mean, come on, responsibility for the kidnapping was taken by people acting independent of Hamas, so how did Hamas do it? Oh, yeah, because the Israeli government made the claim with no evidence to back it up so they could re-arrest Hamas leadership in the West Bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    An acronym, for the Settler State
    Why don't you just say Israel?

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying that you believe that Hamas is the only Islamist group in Gaza, because that's where you're wrong..
    im saying they control gaza, from the governemnt to the police - noone fires a rocket or kidnaps israelis without their say-so. they shoot gazans in the street for disobeying afterall.

Again, you think that Hamas are the only Islamists? I mean, come on, responsibility for the kidnapping was taken by people acting independent of Hamas, so how did Hamas do it? Oh, yeah, because the Israeli government made the claim with no evidence to back it up so they could re-arrest Hamas leadership in the West Bank.
    a hamas spokesmen already admitted in turkey they were responsible, but most of the world already figured this out anyway. israel i doubt are bothered with arresting haams leaders, they are blowing them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    The Qawasmeh clan are widely regarded as a rogue cell outside the control of the Hamas leadership.
    Translation = they are part of Hamas.

If Hamas can't control their own people, then Israel will come in and do it for them. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    ok? Except Hamas didn't do it judging by what I have here in front of me. People who were formerly members of Hamas did it independent of Hamas.
    Ah, no. Not formerly members of Hamas, they are members of Hamas.

The Qawasmeh Clan basically is Hamas in Hebron. And if the Hamas leadership can't control their own people, Israel will come in and do it for them.

Which begs the question, if these people were acting not on orders, why did Hamas start firing rockets at Israel in late June in retaliation for Israel going in to arrest these terrorists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by momosteiny)
    1. Who knows? Israel evidently believes that it will be used for civilians too.
    So why haven't they been used yet? In fact HAMAS had nearly 1 and a half years to use those tunnels but they didn't. When they did, they attacked the SS's military.

2. You've missed my point. Whatever SS stands for, whether it be accurate or not, does not matter. Abbreviating it as SS does matter and may be considered particularly inappropriate and insulting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's long to type out Settler State each time. SS is a much better option...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.