Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    stop stop stoppppp with the thoughts brain, please for one night leave me alone
    I'm off to the library in a sec to do an all nighter "learning spss in one night" session so pity me too! :p: Once I work out how to use this damned apple crap!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Didn't go :sad: Need to soon, but just wasn't in any sort of mood too even if it probs would've helped... :/
    "They *sound* it"!? see watcha did there :ahee: Good

Sorry you've not been so great :console: oo awesome! Are you usually on an alto sax? Bigger instrument = more important in orchestra/jazz group :yep: (tenor sax is bigger, right? I think it is :ninja:)
    I hope it goes okay when it comes along :hugs:
    oo well done! Hoping to do choir this year too - didn't last year :sad: Haha I really wish I could sing soprano :sad: Used to be able to when I was younger/pre year 9-10 or something. Am a baritone now I think (:dontknow:) What do you normally sing?

Yeah I think there are others, think I'm going to make appointment with MH guy (seen him once before, he's a psychologist I think? works in student support MH services) GP said to do that at least/I ought to. Well I sort of mean carrying on as I planned/with trying to get better - got group therapy starting in a month or so I think. Today's not been good though sadly and yesterday was Kinda confused/worried about what's going to happen now. Sorry, anyway...

Yeah I suppose so Though often end up writing before bed or something and keep writing for too long/just get tired There's some good youtube tutorials :yep: can link you the one I used if you like - gets easier too to write down the algorithms and then you can practice off a small set of instructions until you learn them Did some times today when hiding in my room (:hide: ) - managed 53s (:smug: :lol:) though usually get about 1m20 or something I guess? Is good fun :yep:
    Ah well, there's always tomorrow! Sorry that you weren't feeling great though Oops, hadn't even noticed that :lol:

Yeah I am It is bigger! That's true, I'm used to playing all the top parts on flute (although not been to that band/orchestra before) so will certainly be a change :eek: Should be good though hopefully But do it! Choirs are amazing :yep: I used to sing soprano too (or the middle part in an SSA choir), I still kind of can but prefer alto if I get the choice. Baritone's good though, it means you get all the interesting bits

Good! So GP did help a bit, maybe. Group therapy should help too hopefully, not that I have any idea what's involved Aww :console: For me neither really, although a bit better this evening As I said to Scary though, feel free to PM me if you need/want to :hugs:

You still do it though! That's more than I do Ooh yes please! 53 seconds is fast though :eek3:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I'm off to the library in a sec to do an all nighter "learning spss in one night" session so pity me too! :p: Once I work out how to use this damned apple crap!
    hey, don't insult the holy one AKA the macbook gods

ReputationRep:
    You won't learn anything f you do an all nighter and it will be unproductive especially if you a busy day the following day expect your sleeping pattern to be out of whack

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey, don't insult the holy one AKA the macbook gods
    Man I never knew uploading music could be such a chore! No idea how you do this! Chin up btw, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iloveteddy14)
    You won't learn anything f you do an all nighter and it will be unproductive especially if you a busy day the following day expect your sleeping pattern to be out of whack

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thanks, but the words 'sleep pattern' and 'samba' don't live on the same continent or even planet! :p:

ReputationRep:
    gone from being a paranoid mess and unable to leave the flat, to filling in a job application form!

ReputationRep:
    I've been lying doing nothing all night, so many crafty or arty things I'd planned to do and ive just got no motivation.. I miss Ash

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    gone from being a paranoid mess and unable to leave the flat, to filling in a job application form!
    Woo! We all belief in you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samba)
    Anybody know how to upload music to an ipod? :\
    Make the playlist in itunes (easier said than done in my experience ) then plug your ipod in and press the sync button. Can't remember what the symbol for that is though, google it! You might also have to go through some 'registering your ipod' crap if you're plugging it in for the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Man I never knew uploading music could be such a chore! No idea how you do this! Chin up btw, you'll be fine
    after a while it becomes so streamlined though, its so much nicer flicking through pages and programmes and whatnot and the amazing battery life and aaahhhhhh its just so much nicer

i really do hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Make the playlist in itunes (easier said than done in my experience ) then plug your ipod in and press the sync button. Can't remember what the symbol for that is though, google it! You might also have to go through some 'registering your ipod' crap if you're plugging it in for the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Getting there, just need musikz to download now! Suggestions ladies?

after a while it becomes so streamlined though, its so much nicer flicking through pages and programmes and whatnot and the amazing battery life and aaahhhhhh its just so much nicer

i really do hope so
    Yea I like it even though it doesn't recognise the dictaphone, the mouse didn't work, and I had to mess around to install the scanner lol It's pretty at least! And you will. Remember I'm always right :p:

ReputationRep:
    this is a ****ing disaster. my life is a disaster. making all sorts of stupid plans in my head and my head is ****ing racing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samba)

Yea I like it even though it doesn't recognise the dictaphone, the mouse didn't work, and I had to mess around to install the scanner lol It's pretty at least! And you will. Remember I'm always right :p:
    No idea! I have a ridiculous range of stuff on my ipod, about 900 songs ranging from guns n roses to Taylor Swift (annoying as she is, some of her songs are alright!) to Mozart, my old GCSE music pieces and songs from the lion king :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug: Saw a post randomly pop up from you in "latest posts". Sorry you're finding it difficult :sad: (If I read correctly was on phone at the time)
    I hope it goes well for you though :hugs:

:hugs: Todays been worse sadly, but will see how things pan out once lectures start

What part of going out with friends are you nervous about? (sorry if this is too late for any help regarding that )
    I can definitely relate to getting anxious about seeing friends/going to a house - always semi-hate parties just because you can't easily escape/get away when you need it, and always people about talking/being loud
    If it's happened then I hope it went okay :hugs:

:jumphug:

Been odd coming back I keep having to wait a second before getting some people's names - and I've known them for a year! :facepalm:
    Hope Uni's still going good

Hope it goes well/your brain calms down a bit Do you have many strategies for beforehand to calm you down a bit? I found with exams that pacing and breathing helped a bit - and telling yourself out loud (quietly ) it's going to be okay

:hi:

:jumphug: am around if you need to vent or anything :hugs:

Maybe see how the first two weeks go and then think back over it/decide then?
    I mean it depends, and I don't know, but some of the anxiety stuff might calm down once you get more settled there? Which job is this? Hope tomorrow goes okay :hugs:

Hi! Welcome to the thread!

I'd say GP would be a good call possibly - sounds as though it's affecting you, especially with starting Uni, so important to try and get help soon?

When you say to go/do stuff on your own - would you feel less anxious/be more able to if you agreed with a friend (even if just a vague friend, seeing as you've just started ) to meet at the canteen for meals? (I always find I'm more likely to go to something if I've agreed with someone) or would that just lead to going to the canteen, but feeling dreadful/on edge all the time while there? Just a small thought, might not be helpful at all

I guess could you go to your GP at some point under the guise of doing something else? Your GP wouldn't tell your parents unless they absolutely had to, and think it's possibly best port of call maybe? :dontknow: )
    Otherwise do you have a school counsellor or Uni counselling service that you could go to? (if you're at school or Uni ) They shouldn't tell your parents either unless it were absolutely necessary.

Sorry I don't have much more advice Will have a think too

Welcome to the thread though

That sounds cool I'd say go for it too though I know it's scary to.

:hugs:

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear about your panic attacks today
    lots of hugs :penguinhug:
    thanks. my head is a ****ing mess. pretending to be semi normal and telling people I will be ok knowing full well I wont is ****. everything is too **** for words tbh. think someone should lock me away cause I am just an imbecile tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    No idea! I have a ridiculous range of stuff on my ipod, about 900 songs ranging from guns n roses to Taylor Swift (annoying as she is, some of her songs are alright!) to Mozart, my old GCSE music pieces and songs from the lion king :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So far I have Bond, Bach, Biggie Smalls, 2pac, Matchbox twenty, Billy Joel, Eminem, Fort Minor, and Escala :lol: Eclectic much? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

Velvet Underground, T.Rex, Nirvana, The Smiths, The Killers, Hendrix, The Arctic Monkeys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Velvet Underground, T.Rex, Nirvana, The Smiths, The Killers, Hendrix, The Arctic Monkeys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hendrix is a good call :moon: Nirvana is a bit too heavy for me though! Talking of heavy I may add some Orphaned Land :teeth:

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Welcome to the thread!

I'd say GP would be a good call possibly - sounds as though it's affecting you, especially with starting Uni, so important to try and get help soon?

When you say to go/do stuff on your own - would you feel less anxious/be more able to if you agreed with a friend (even if just a vague friend, seeing as you've just started ) to meet at the canteen for meals? (I always find I'm more likely to go to something if I've agreed with someone) or would that just lead to going to the canteen, but feeling dreadful/on edge all the time while there? Just a small thought, might not be helpful at all
    Yeahh, I think it is important to get it sorted soon. I just feel that my mum and family will think that it is a non-issue and there is nothing to it.

I would probably feel better if I went with a friend, but in the halls that have this canteen (catered) I don't really know anyone well enough to go with them for dinner.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samba)
    So far I have Bond, Bach, Biggie Smalls, 2pac, Matchbox twenty, Billy Joel, Eminem, Fort Minor, and Escala :lol: Eclectic much? :lol:
    That's pretty good! As I read that though a piece by Bach came up on mine and I had the James Bond theme a couple of minutes ago... Scary :eek: Don't think I've got any of the others on here though, or maybe one Billy Joel or Eminem that were on other CDs I was putting on

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.