Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I don't think Markovic is good enough yet though. Personally I'd like a match winning RW who can start every game (and demote Milner/Lallana to the bench).

Maybe we send Ibe on loan again to see if he can develop some more? There's a decent player in there and Klopp seems to like him. Feel bad for Allen - I wouldn't be adverse to keeping him if we can't find a better alternative. He's not a bad player.

I think Skrtel's wages will be too high to keep him as 4th choice. He must be on 75-90k a week?
    I also feel bad for Allen. His substitution completely altered the landscape of the United match. He was exceptional, outjumping the United midfield and winning the ball and keeping it astutely. I think he wants - and deserves - to be playing first-team football now, though.

Skrtel needs to accept he's been mediocre since 2009 and he is ageing.

Ibe is another one the jury is out on. I think he can learn and adapt, and Klopp loves him, so we may see him stay. I, like you, would rather we bought a finished product for that role, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I also feel bad for Allen. His substitution completely altered the landscape of the United match. He was exceptional, outjumping the United midfield and winning the ball and keeping it astutely. I think he wants - and deserves - to be playing first-team football now, though.

Skrtel needs to accept he's been mediocre since 2009 and he is ageing.

Ibe is another one the jury is out on. I think he can learn and adapt, and Klopp loves him, so we may see him stay. I, like you, would rather we bought a finished product for that role, though.
    Gerrard screwed him over by moving deep. If Rodgers had known Gerrard wanted to play deep, would he have bought Allen? Probably not.

Perhaps Allen is perfect to be first sub in a lot of games? In a way, we also need to be able to have the ability to keep quality squad players. I think I'd rather Lucas did it and we bought another strong midfield player who's athletic like Can/Henderson so can replace them without affecting our play too much.

At the moment, if you sub in Allen, Lucas or Milner I don't think you get the same performance from the middle like Henderson/Can.

Lovren and Sakho have done well to put in some decent performances while Skrtel has been out. He would've been a good 3rd choice CB but we could get some cash/save on wages rather than keep for 4th choice.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Perhaps Allen is perfect to be first sub in a lot of games? In a way, we also need to be able to have the ability to keep quality squad players. I think I'd rather Lucas did it and we bought another strong midfield player who's athletic like Can/Henderson so can replace them without affecting our play too much.

At the moment, if you sub in Allen, Lucas or Milner I don't think you get the same performance from the middle like Henderson/Can.
    Good point. Allen allows us to retain control. I actually thought it was quite a defensive substitution, when I was sat in the Kop looking at Allen coming on on Thursday night.

In reality, though, it freed us up and allowed us to retain control of the fixture and Allen helped us transition from defence to attack brilliantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    No it didn't but you're gonna use it as justification if you lose the entire tie.

It is valid. You don't have a clue how the nature of the match would have progressed had we not scored. Could've gone either way but that fact is that it didn't so just accept it. Yes it was offside but you're saying it like this is the first decision you've ever seen against your team...

I don't start work at 9:47am you melt.
    Considering it takes an hour to commute, it's called being prepared u fool!!
    Possibly, it could easily be the difference.

Unless you're genuinely claiming that conceding the goal wasn't probably a bad thing for us, it's not valid.

Part of it is because I'm going to the game and it's now been unfairly transformed from a really exciting game with everything to play for with us slight favourites, to you being heavy favourites. But you wouldn't know about that, you armchair supporter!! #channellingmyinnerWilf #Tornadoisthatyou

How are you still bitter about this result? You're the only one who seems to think Man Utd deserved to still be in the tie.

Some people think it wasn't a penalty but plenty of people think it was too.

While Henderson was offside for the cross, Carrick had an easy opportunity to clear the ball. His mistake was a bigger contribution to conceding the goal.

But you know, Man Utd have never had a debatable/wrong decision go in their favour..
    Still bitter? The tie is in progress, seems like an appropriate time to be bitter.

Irrelevant, the ball wouldn't have reached Carrick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Possibly, it could easily be the difference.

Unless you're genuinely claiming that conceding the goal wasn't probably a bad thing for us, it's not valid.

Part of it is because I'm going to the game and it's now been unfairly transformed from a really exciting game with everything to play for with us slight favourites, to you being heavy favourites. But you wouldn't know about that, you armchair supporter!! #channellingmyinnerWilf #Tornadoisthatyou

Still bitter? The tie is in progress, seems like an appropriate time to be bitter.

Irrelevant, the ball wouldn't have reached Carrick.
    Let's be honest, if you look hard enough in to a match, you can always find something to moan about. You're just looking for it because you simply can't accept we're a better team right now.

You're the only United fan on here that argued at all. Everybody else knows you were lucky to get away with 2-0 and accept your performance was woeful.

Yes we're heavy favourites it that doesn't mean the tie is over. If you score in the opening 20 minutes, the game is back on. That being said, if we score you might as well pack up and go home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Let's be honest, if you look hard enough in to a match, you can always find something to moan about. You're just looking for it because you simply can't accept we're a better team right now.

You're the only United fan on here that argued at all. Everybody else knows you were lucky to get away with 2-0 and accept your performance was woeful.

Yes we're heavy favourites it that doesn't mean the tie is over. If you score in the opening 20 minutes, the game is back on. That being said, if we score you might as well pack up and go home.
    All the United fans on here are wrong as well then

Clearly we're not going to agree. I think you deserve to win if you score more legitimate goals than the other team, you think you deserve to win based on the unquantifiable "playing better" regardless of whether you're able to actually score goals, i.e. the point of football

ReputationRep:
    Stop giving him the attention he craves. What a tedious ****ing argument

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Stop giving him the attention he craves. What a tedious ****ing argument

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea it's past ridiculous and boring. Usually people make the effort to have a tangible argument before trying to WUM.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who disagrees with me is an attention seeking troll!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Klopp's speaking up Allan and making him seem a real talent. He's only 19, obviously, but I think Klopp wants to give him some first-team game experience sooner rather than later. He's been called up to the Brazil Under-20s squad recently, if I recall correctly.

Really want to see him play. Haven't seen a thing of him.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp's speaking up Allan and making him seem a real talent. He's only 19, obviously, but I think Klopp wants to give him some first-team game experience sooner rather than later. He's been called up to the Brazil Under-20s squad recently, if I recall correctly.

Really want to see him play. Haven't seen a thing of him.
    How long do we have to keep sending him out on loan before he can play for us?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How long do we have to keep sending him out on loan before he can play for us?
    A non-EU player will need to meet the following criteria:

- Player must have played in a minimum of 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international fixtures

The issue is that this does NOT include friendlies, Under-21s, or Under-20s matches.

However, after the initial work permit application, we can appeal the decision and present a case that establishes that Allan is an "exceptional player and will contribute to the develop of English football".

So, basically, the latter is our best chance. We need him to keep impressing on loan, but it's likely we won't see him until 2017/18 at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    A non-EU player will need to meet the following criteria:

- Player must have played in a minimum of 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international fixtures

The issue is that this does NOT include friendlies, Under-21s, or Under-20s matches.

However, after the initial work permit application, we can appeal the decision and present a case that establishes that Allan is an "exceptional player and will contribute to the develop of English football".

So, basically, the latter is our best chance. We need him to keep impressing on loan, but it's likely we won't see him until 2017/18 at the earliest.
    Do clubs not use the residency for 3 years to get an EU passport? Or does that not exist anymore?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do clubs not use the residency for 3 years to get an EU passport? Or does that not exist anymore?
    I think so. Even so, that'll be 2017/18, won't it?

ReputationRep:
    GRAEME SOUNESS: WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG FOR ME AT LIVERPOOL

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/0...-at-liverpool/

Thought it was a really good read tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moreno a doubt for tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Can't say I'm disappointed in the slightest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Who do we play at LB instead with Flanagan not in the squad? Smith?

ReputationRep:
    Who do we play at LB instead with Flanagan not in the squad? Smith?
    Smith or Milner I would presume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Smith or Milner I would presume.
    I guess Sakho could always move to LB too.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.