Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatoo)
    Yaas. Thank god someone. What did you get in UKCAT if you don't mind me asking
    I got 713 and band 1 but I'm a gap year applicant and only got an A and 2 B's in s6 which is defo gonna drag me down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    I got 713 and band 1 but I'm a gap year applicant and only got an A and 2 B's in s6 which is defo gonna drag me down
    Don't worry. You have a very god UKCAT score and since you are gap year I am assuming you will have **** load of extra stuff. You are sorted. Good luck. Where are you applying btw

ReputationRep:
    hi i got 677 ukcat average but i got a band 3 in sjt
    do i still have a shot with any london uni?
    gcses-8A*S and 2As

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Scottish applicant with 4 A's and a B too, thank god I'm not the only one haha
    Yeah same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    So my ukcat is officially done with and I couldn't be more relieved.
    I got
    VR- 590 (lmao)
    QR-780
    AR- 630
    SJT- band 1!!!!!
    Average: 667.
    Thank you so much to everyone on this thread, I am so grateful for all the help and well wishes everyone gave me 😘😋
    Advice:
    VR: don't underestimate this section I ran out of time as questions were honestly so hard, I got quite a few true or false can't tell though but wouldn't say they helped much.
    QR: so much easier than any mock I'd done, some questions were so simple I wondered if it was correct what I was doing but some were still difficult which I just flagged and guessed.
    AR- found this hard as there were lots of partial patterns compared to simple ones, I'd say I got about 45 set A. I was never that good at AR and I had to guess about ten shapes lol.
    Good luck to anyone who still has to take their test! After VR even though it was hard, I calmed down massively as I got so focused in the test It distracted me from how I was feeling. Use the DM section to make notes ready for QR and AR. As you can see I only got a band 1 once in my mocks and in the real exam I finished 8 mins early for SJT as I thought I know I won't get a band 1 but anything above a band 4 is okay (I also knew I would start doubting my answers so I finished early which id advise everyone to do for SJT but I got a band 1 can't believe it!! SJT was alright but there were a lot of passages to read compared to the ones in my mocks.
    These were my mock scores. I hope it helps someone. Attachment 581890

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on your score I got exactly the same total score and SJT band as you where are you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneAfrica)
    Yeah same here
    What did you get in UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    What did you get in UKCAT?
    My stats are
    S5 AAAAB
    S6 AAA

UKCAT 636 SJ Band 2

ReputationRep:
    My stats are
    S5 AAAAB
    S6 AAA

UKCAT 636 SJ Band 2
    That's really good. Done much extra curricular stuff? Sorry mate I am asking too many questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatoo;[url="tel:67706360")
    67706360[/url]]Don't worry. You have a very god UKCAT score and since you are gap year I am assuming you will have **** load of extra stuff. You are sorted. Good luck. Where are you applying btw
    Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and at Andrews. My dream is Edinburgh but think that's a bit too unrealistic but hopefully in with a shot for the others, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneAfrica;[url="tel:67706428")
    67706428[/url]]Yeah same here
    We're all in this together

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and at Andrews. My dream is Edinburgh but think that's a bit too unrealistic but hopefully in with a shot for the others, you?
    Aberdeen, Dundee. Since my B is chemistry I don't know if St andrews is a good idea. Plus I don;t have great UKCAT. I got 650 and I don't know if I should go for Edinburgh. I'd be happy to get in anywhere though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoggie98)
    Congrats on your score I got exactly the same total score and SJT band as you where are you thinking of applying?
    Thank you! Well done on yours too! Haha that's quite funny that we got the same 😂 I'm thinking Manchester and Liverpool. My GCSEs are 5 a stars, 3 a's , 1 b so it restricts me a bit and I'm not doing BMAT. I'm considering St George's, keele maybe, I don't know I've got to research everywhere now and try and see where my strengths are, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Well done on yours too! Haha that's quite funny that we got the same 😂 I'm thinking Manchester and Liverpool. My GCSEs are 5 a stars, 3 a's , 1 b so it restricts me a bit and I'm not doing BMAT. I'm considering St George's, keele maybe, I don't know I've got to research everywhere now and try and see where my strengths are, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Consider St Georges, Exeter , Liverpool 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So my ukcat is officially done with and I couldn't be more relieved.
    I got
    VR- 590 (lmao)
    QR-780
    AR- 630
    SJT- band 1!!!!!
    Average: 667.
    Thank you so much to everyone on this thread, I am so grateful for all the help and well wishes everyone gave me 😘😋
    Advice:
    VR: don't underestimate this section I ran out of time as questions were honestly so hard, I got quite a few true or false can't tell though but wouldn't say they helped much.
    QR: so much easier than any mock I'd done, some questions were so simple I wondered if it was correct what I was doing but some were still difficult which I just flagged and guessed.
    AR- found this hard as there were lots of partial patterns compared to simple ones, I'd say I got about 45 set A. I was never that good at AR and I had to guess about ten shapes lol.
    Good luck to anyone who still has to take their test! After VR even though it was hard, I calmed down massively as I got so focused in the test It distracted me from how I was feeling. Use the DM section to make notes ready for QR and AR. As you can see I only got a band 1 once in my mocks and in the real exam I finished 8 mins early for SJT as I thought I know I won't get a band 1 but anything above a band 4 is okay (I also knew I would start doubting my answers so I finished early which id advise everyone to do for SJT but I got a band 1 can't believe it!! SJT was alright but there were a lot of passages to read compared to the ones in my mocks.
    These were my mock scores. I hope it helps someone. Attachment 581890

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay well done and congratulations! That's a really good score 😊. I've been following your posts for a while, in the non creepiest way 👀 haha, just that I'm literally as stressed as you were and you were asking loads of questions I needed the answers too 😂. Bet it's such a relief now, week today and I'll be free as well 😎.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemauricien)
    Consider St Georges, Exeter , Liverpool 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I was considering Exeter but I am predicted A*A*A and apparently last year tier 2 wasn't even looked at so I think I'll end up getting a pre interview rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PippaKate)
    Yay well done and congratulations! That's a really good score 😊. I've been following your posts for a while, in the non creepiest way 👀 haha, just that I'm literally as stressed as you were and you were asking loads of questions I needed the answers too 😂. Bet it's such a relief now, week today and I'll be free as well 😎.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much! Haha don't worry! I'm glad I managed to help you out 😂 I am so relieved!! Best of luck with yours next week and remember to let me know how you get on! If you have any questions you need answering just send me a message❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's really good. Done much extra curricular stuff? Sorry mate I am asking too many questions.
    Yeah volunteering at a pharmacy for three years now
    1 week work experience at the QEU and Victoria hospitals
    6 weeks work experience at the Glasgow cardiovascular research centre
    Currently volunteering at the royal children's hospital
    1 weekat a carehome

So not too much.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah volunteering at a pharmacy for three years now
    1 week work experience at the QEU and Victoria hospitals
    6 weeks work experience at the Glasgow cardiovascular research centre
    Currently volunteering at the royal children's hospital
    1 weekat a carehome

So not too much.
    That's really good

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At GCSE i have 4A* 4A 2B and ive been thinking pretty much same as you but also plymouth and southampton. Do you think our scores are a bit risky for manchester id love to apply there tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoggie98)
    At GCSE i have 4A* 4A 2B and ive been thinking pretty much same as you but also plymouth and southampton. Do you think our scores are a bit risky for manchester id love to apply there tho
    I know last year Manchester wanted 650 so I hope I make it this year as I absolutely love Manchester!its a risk but tbh I'm limited anyway with what uni's I can apply to so I think I'll take it. I'll have to look into Plymouth as don't they use sub section scores for ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.