Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

Results day a few days away and I just had a question:
    I did a Young Apprenticeship in Business and got 4 Distinctions so will these count as 4 A's at gcse (it was a btec), school told me it's equivalent to 4 A's. And will these 4 A's count as 1 A*-C grade or 4?

Please help. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    Well done! Yup I did Unit 1! I got 96 UMS

I agree, timing and 12 markers were hard for this one! We didn't learn power at all, we were just instructed to do the other 3

Ooh I see, well have fun with it! Personally, I can't wait to get rid of it!
    Congrats on the 96 UMS

Yeah i also agree, found the 12 m's much easier last time round. We learned all 4 topics so we would be able to rule one out if we didn't like the questions.

Hopefully i'll enjoy it, from what i could gather at the open evenings etc is that the topics are similar/the same from the GCSE but are more in depth and require more knowledge as there are higher mark questions.

Good luck with the Unit 2 and the rest of the results on Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    Good luck to you too^.^
    The
    Interview was vile! They were really stuck up! We were filling up ltd of
    Forums while they just sat there and talked annoyingly about there honeymoons... Pricks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks And aw were they THAT bad? Why would they talk about honeymoons? Maybe they wanted not make the atmosphere so serious? I've got my interview for WHS next week. A group one. Any tips? It's my first time Oh and did you get the job then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youdontneedtokno)
    Edexcel triple science anyone?
    Yup!

How'd you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    did anyone do wjec geography and how did they find it?
    Which spec?

I did Unit 2 with Tourism, Urban And Retail Change and Coasts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    Our predictions were set by a CATs test we took in early year 10. Over time, everyone at my school had their targets moved up or down separate from other subjects. My targets were all A's that went up for a few subjects, although I don't think I'll meet half of them.
    I think my GCSE predictions were set by my sats tests that I did in Y6 because my maths teacher said that one pupil had a target of an A because they only got a Level 5c in their sats where as a different pupil who was predicted an A* got a Level 5a even though this pupil was always going to do worse than this other pupil things change over 5 years.

However,I think my Y9 predicted levels were set by where I lived because some of them were shockingly low because I come from a poor family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC Jake)
    Congrats on the 96 UMS

Yeah i also agree, found the 12 m's much easier last time round. We learned all 4 topics so we would be able to rule one out if we didn't like the questions.

Hopefully i'll enjoy it, from what i could gather at the open evenings etc is that the topics are similar/the same from the GCSE but are more in depth and require more knowledge as there are higher mark questions.

Good luck with the Unit 2 and the rest of the results on Thursday!
    Thank you

That makes more sense, plus power seemed interesting!

Oooh well that's good then. I've heard 30 markers or something?! :eek:

Thank you and you too! (also grade boundaries are out tomorrow, we'll see how they compare to Unit 1's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Which spec?

I did Unit 2 with Tourism, Urban And Retail Change and Coasts
    geography B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky260)
    Did you do AQA GCSE Further Maths?
    I did the AQA Further Maths Level 2 Certificate and I found it very easy.I have probably scored much better than my classmates in it, my further maths teacher predicted me an A^ and then some As because I was cruising away with the course.What I really loved about Further Maths was that they got rid of them stupid and boring number questions and focused on the Algebra, Trigonometry and of course Calculus(Differentiation).

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    Results day a few days away and I just had a question:I did a Young Apprenticeship in Business and got 4 Distinctions so will these count as 4 A's at gcse (it was a btec), school told me it's equivalent to 4 A's. And will these 4 A's count as 1 A*-C grade or 4?
    Please help. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    geography B?
    Ah, I think I'm A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Ah, I think I'm A
    i have yet to find anyone who does B, how did you find it then?

ReputationRep:
    Was wondering if someone could help me out..

I did edexcel gcse french and got 3A's and a high B in my speaking + listening ca's, which make up 60% of the whole course. If I performed reallyy well in both of the exams is it still possible for me to get an a* still or will I just end up with a high a because the exams are only 40%? Too impatient to wait and see on results day but I wanna see if my ca's have let me down. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I think my GCSE predictions were set by my sats tests that I did in Y6 because my maths teacher said that one pupil had a target of an A because they only got a Level 5c in their sats where as a different pupil who was predicted an A* got a Level 5a even though this pupil was always going to do worse than this other pupil things change over 5 years.

However,I think my Y9 predicted levels were set by where I lived because some of them were shockingly low because I come from a poor family.
    I think mine was set by sats as well, because I didnt care about the sats so my Maths target was a C and my teacher predicted me an A* in year 9 and I got an A* in March this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelineBean)
    Was wondering if someone could help me out..

I did edexcel gcse french and got 3A's and a high B in my speaking + listening ca's, which make up 60% of the whole course. If I performed reallyy well in both of the exams is it still possible for me to get an a* still or will I just end up with a high a because the exams are only 40%? Too impatient to wait and see on results day but I wanna see if my ca's have let me down. thanks
    most people do better on ca than exams when it comes to languages, but it all depends on your ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)

That's so strange.I got a 5c at sats and i have been predicted an A in maths at GCSE.I never even knew that our sats actually count towards our predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    What difference does it make? The grade boundaries represent how well students as a whole have done. They've obviously been worked out to account for all students, you included, so it doesn't really matter how high or low they are. All it tells you is how well or badly everyone has done, you'll still come out with the same grade overall.
    Not necessarily.Its important to look at the Grade Boundaries the day before because I have some good ideas on the marks I have got and I want to see the Maths Unit 3 Grade Boundaries to see how many UMS I have lost for that silly mistake with the square question and I need to see whether they have dropped the Grade Boundaries for the french Listening because I am pretty sure i have dropped all of the 8 marks of writing about embarrassing situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youdontneedtokno)
    Edexcel triple science anyone?

Me!

ReputationRep:
    lucky you get to go in so early
    I get it at 6:30:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by english007)
    I get it at 6:30:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol you're kidding right? how?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.