Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I knew Jernade Meade would go on to do well, always said I rated him highly. Only been released from Arsenal a few weeks and been snapped up by Swansea. Good luck to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Cazorla dived earlier in the season to win us a penalty that ultimately won us the match (can't remember which one) and no Arsenal supporters seem to call him a scumbag cheater. When a player is your own you never do - look how much LFC fans stuck up for Suarez, if he was our player we'd do exactly the same.
    I dont recall Cazorla getting himself in such a situation thereafter though? He apologised after the incident as well and it is believed that Wenger spoke to him about it after the match. He was very new to the English game at the time and if you compare it with how the game is played in Spain where every fall is exaggerated, I can understand why he would have thought it was acceptable. Its not an excuse of course but if you compare that with what Suarez has done over the years then it looks quite tame. The guy has dived (on numerous occasions), punched, hand balled, bite players arms off and has been involved in so many other incidents of cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    I dont recall Cazorla getting himself in such a situation thereafter though? He apologised after the incident as well and it is believed that Wenger spoke to him about it after the match. He was very new to the English game at the time and if you compare it with how the game is played in Spain where every fall is exaggerated, I can understand why he would have thought it was acceptable. Its not an excuse of course but if you compare that with what Suarez has done over the years then it looks quite tame. The guy has dived (on numerous occasions), punched, hand balled, bite players arms off and has been involved in so many other incidents of cheating.
    The point I was making is that if he was our player, I highly doubt any of us would dislike him enough to do something like protest against his move or stop watching Arsenal because of him - when a person is in your team, no matter how much of a scumbag they are, for me it's impossible to hate them if they're doing a good job.

ReputationRep:
    Damn Suarez for knocking Ghana out the world cup woth his handball. Thats the only thing I'll dislike him for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The point I was making is that if he was our player, I highly doubt any of us would dislike him enough to do something like protest against his move or stop watching Arsenal because of him - when a person is in your team, no matter how much of a scumbag they are, for me it's impossible to hate them if they're doing a good job.
    Oh yeah, I think I said somewhere as well that everything said and done, I would always back the team on match day. It hard to imagine but I genuinely don't dislike anyone within the club. Even those who don't perform such as Gervinho are likeable and I always hope players like him can prove themselves. Suarez on the other hand..ill support him if he does move our way but I don't think I could ever 'truly' get myself to like him

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why PSG never moved for Suarez - they've just bought Cavani for £55m. That said, we shouldn't totally rule out a move yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If we get Suarez or Rooney or Hiquain which I really doubt, I'd be over the moon!
    ROMA lodged a bid for Gervinho? :no: Why no bids for Chamakh or Bendtner? I'd rather get rid of them than Gervinho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    If we get Suarez or Rooney or Hiquain which I really doubt, I'd be over the moon!
    ROMA lodged a bid for Gervinho? :no: Why no bids for Chamakh or Bendtner? I'd rather get rid of them than Gervinho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hull are interested in Bendtner but his wage demands are too high for them. I so hope someone buys him and quick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cazorla dived earlier in the season to win us a penalty that ultimately won us the match (can't remember which one) and no Arsenal supporters seem to call him a scumbag cheater. When a player is your own you never do - look how much LFC fans stuck up for Suarez, if he was our player we'd do exactly the same.
    As I remember it, I'm pretty sure there was at least one person other than myself who expressed disappointment. :p: I don't think anyone's saying they'll go out and protest, or stop watching games or anything like that if Suarez come to Arsenal. I'm sure we'll all go on supporting the club, celebrate whenever Suarez scores, and in general be grateful to him for his contributions to the club. I don't think that necessarily means we'll ever fully accept him as we do the likes of Wilshere (nor does it mean we definitely won't). And I don't think any of that means we can't express unease at the prospect of signing him, for whatever reason. For me, it's purely because he's currently at Liverpool. If he was at any other club, I'd be very excited about signing him, history and all.

Also, I'm getting more and more worried about these rumours linking Fabregas to United. The latest from The Guardian is that he'd 'strongly consider' a move to United if Barcelona accepted the transfer bid. I'd struggle to believe it if the same thing hadn't happened so many times over the last couple of seasons with other players. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    As I remember it, I'm pretty sure there was at least one person other than myself who expressed disappointment. :p: I don't think anyone's saying they'll go out and protest, or stop watching games or anything like that if Suarez come to Arsenal. I'm sure we'll all go on supporting the club, celebrate whenever Suarez scores, and in general be grateful to him for his contributions to the club. I don't think that necessarily means we'll ever fully accept him as we do the likes of Wilshere (nor does it mean we definitely won't). And I don't think any of that means we can't express unease at the prospect of signing him, for whatever reason. For me, it's purely because he's currently at Liverpool. If he was at any other club, I'd be very excited about signing him, history and all.

Also, I'm getting more and more worried about these rumours linking Fabregas to United. The latest from The Guardian is that he'd 'strongly consider' a move to United if Barcelona accepted the transfer bid. I'd struggle to believe it if the same thing hadn't happened so many times over the last couple of seasons with other players. :cry2:
    Abira come on man you know better haha! Cesc won't be going anywhere, you need to relax. Fabregas is staying at Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    Why would fabregas go to United? There is no reason for him to leave Barcelona at all, since he is going to be the one to replace Xavi in that midfield. I think he is already stated that he wants to stay:erm: .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why would fabregas go to United? There is no reason for him to leave Barcelona at all, since he is going to be the one to replace Xavi in that midfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly this Vilanova and Fabregas have come out and said there will be no move so I dont know why there's so much panic ? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Sky sources say firstly, Fabregas 'would be prepared to move if Barca accepted a bid' and secondly 'Rooney is looking to leave Manchester United' and 'is open to a move to London [Chelsea or Arsenal].

Thoughts? Will we land either? Sky has also said Chelsea and Manchester City, in addition to Arsenal and Manchester United, are looking to bid for Fab.

As a fan, I think we would all be absolutely gutted and angry if he joined one of our major rivals considering how much we apparently meant to him as fans. He's not daft, he knows exactly what rage he'd cause. I'd understand it if he didn't want to rejoin a team that hasn't won a trophy for almost 9 years but I'd rather him stay at Barca than join us.

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to believe Fabregas would even dare to go United given his incredible love for Arsenal AND not to mention his status as a legend at rhe club, why would he wanna tarnish all that? This is nothing more than a transfer gossip devised to get Arsenal fans riled up.
    The press loves to destroy Arsenal fans at every chance, so it's no surprise to see this.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Sky sources say firstly, Fabregas 'would be prepared to move if Barca accepted a bid' and secondly 'Rooney is looking to leave Manchester United' and 'is open to a move to London [Chelsea or Arsenal].

Thoughts? Will we land either? Sky has also said Chelsea and Manchester City, in addition to Arsenal and Manchester United, are looking to bid for Fab.

As a fan, I think we would all be absolutely gutted and angry if he joined one of our major rivals considering how much we apparently meant to him as fans. He's not daft, he knows exactly what rage he'd cause. I'd understand it if he didn't want to rejoin a team that hasn't won a trophy for almost 9 years but I'd rather him stay at Barca than join us.
    Sky sources the same that said Thiago was literally days away from United? Seriously don't believe it.

Hes not going end of.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. People think 'oh, t's on Sky, so it must be true' remember Sky is owned by the same people that run The Sun and other tripe tabloids.

The only websites you should trust regarding transfers is Arsenal.com or Manchester United. Com (is that even their website? !) Or maybe 'BBC' but even they cannot be trusted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Abira come on man you know better haha! Cesc won't be going anywhere, you need to relax. Fabregas is staying at Barcelona.
    See, that makes perfect sense in the same way 'van Persie would never join United!' or 'Goetze to Bayern? Hah!' made sense. My faith in the relationship between players and clubs has taken a beating. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    See, that makes perfect sense in the same way 'van Persie would never join United!' or 'Goetze to Bayern? Hah!' made sense. My faith in the relationship between players and clubs has taken a beating. :sad:
    Yeah but thing is Cesc and Vilanova have come out and said he wants to stay and Vilanova wants him to. Somehow I doubt we're going into the new season with Xavi old and struggles with his achilles problem, Iniesta, Song and Roberto as our CM's Just not going to happen. Also I believe Fabregas isn't going to join any other club bar Arsenal and still he wont be moving at least not this year.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. People think 'oh, t's on Sky, so it must be true' remember Sky is owned by the same people that run The Sun and other tripe tabloids.

The only websites you should trust regarding transfers is Arsenal.com or Manchester United. Com (is that even their website? !) Or maybe 'BBC' but even they cannot be trusted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too much nonsense they spout. Haven't reported that Vilanova and Fabregas came out to say he wanted to fight for his place and the manager wants him probably because it would make them look like fools for reporting he was close to leaving :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    They are the exception, not the rule. I'm sorry you took a beating, but you got to understand not every player is the same. RVP= one season wonder enough said.

Hr spend 8 years in the treatment table while we still paid him, and this how he repays us? **** him he moved for the money, I watched an interview in Dutch where he said money was the deal breaker, because he wanted a nice retirement for his family lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.