Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    You know jack **** about my work schedule, comrade, and I'm sure it wouldn't take us so long (already more than a week) to sort this out in a similar position given that it took us less than two days to appoint our Shadow Cabinet from scratch. You know, active membership and all…

I think that the problem is your balls turning blue in Liberal hands. :mmm:
    While I had a good laugh at that, we've let go now

In all seriousness, we're on it and I can't see it taking much longer now. I know my side is in the process of deciding our side of the cabinet, and it will be the same for Labour.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think that the problem is your balls turning blue in Liberal hands. :mmm:
    By balls are perfectly fine, as are Ray's and everyone else's in my party, except our lady members of course. If there's anyone with blue balls here, I'd suggest looking towards your own party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    By balls are perfectly fine, as are Ray's and everyone else's in my party, except our lady members of course. If there's anyone with blue balls here, I'd suggest looking towards your own party.
    Ouch. :lies:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ouch. :lies:
    Not a lie, I checked them all, not a blue ball to be found.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not a lie, I checked them all, not a blue ball to be found.
    With consent, pervert.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    With consent, pervert.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hell yeah

ReputationRep:
    While I agree the cabinet is taking it's time to form, there are reasons, reasons which hold up to scrutiny I would most certainly argue.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    While I agree the cabinet is taking it's time to form, there are reasons, reasons which hold up to scrutiny I would most certainly argue.
    Reasons that do not include balls being blue, I should add

ReputationRep:
    Reasons that do not include balls being blue, I should add
    can yo uplease chang your avatar its making me sad
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    can yo uplease chang your avatar its making me sad
    I miss him, and I want him back.

ReputationRep:
    Labour likes to loosen austerity and increase government spending right?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fedorahat88)
    Labour likes to loosen austerity and increase government spending right?
    We like to provide the people of the UK a sustainable economic structure that will benefit all the people rather than the few. We don't believe in arbitrary deadlines for deficit reduction, nor do we believe in setting an arbitrary level of surplus. We believe that when we invest in the public, we get the best out of them, and we understand that higher government spending means higher tax revenues, and recall that the last surplus was under a Labour government.

ReputationRep:
    When is the Labour Prime Minister going to name the members of the Cabinet? This isn't Belgium.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What is TSR Labour's reaction to the news that the poorest 20% in the UK have a higher full time employment rate than any EU economy including Germany, at 30% for 2014.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    What is TSR Labour's reaction to the news that the poorest 20% in the UK have a higher full time employment rate than any EU economy including Germany, at 30% for 2014.
    To blame the Tories for it being only 30% and not higher

On a serious note, RayApparently, is this to be yet another day of "the cabinet will be announced today" and it not being announced?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    To blame the Tories for it being only 30% and not higher

On a serious note, RayApparently, is this to be yet another day of "the cabinet will be announced today" and it not being announced?
    It was 6% at the height of the recession in 09.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It was 6% at the height of the recession in 09.
    Blame the Tories it's only gone up by 24% and not 94%
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    If the cabinet isn't anounced soon could the rest of the house just elect/apoint people to the ministry's? It would be so much faster.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ray mentioned before, the cabinet will be announced when it's announced. I will say though, that the lack of a cabinet announcement is not a reflection on the activity of the government which is rather high, once the nittgritty is sorted out we'll be showcasing it, for the meantime stay patient (reasonably, of course).

I think it's a shame that despite this people still don't feel any better off than they did under Blair, and it's also a shame that the RL government plans to make people even worse off through tax credit cuts.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    If the cabinet isn't anounced soon could the rest of the house just elect/apoint people to the ministry's? It would be so much faster.
    While whether it would be faster is very much in question, my issue with this would be that the cabinet is the job of the government to decide and declare.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.