This discussion is closed.
talentedlobster
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Is this the start of a revolution?
Viva la revolution! Wait, can anyone here actually make a website that works the same as TSR, No? Oh well, revolution over.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Wasn't directed at you! Sorry!
I don't think it helps anything to insult the mods, and I don't like it when anything gets personal on here (apart from when people attack me personally, that's quite fun!) but having said that, the mods response has been less than impressive - no need for that sort of aggressive style by either set.
Aye, its important to remember what the issue is here. We weren't faffing around we were told there was a (draconian) rule and then when it was revealed there wasn't (I called it, scroll back) it was made out as if that was our fault. Oh and somewhere along the line a polite chap was banned for no reason. And neb says Faland lied. I'll need to look into that as it would infringe my private deal with myself for shouting his corner so much during that blasted election.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by talentedlobster)
Viva la revolution! Wait, can anyone here actually make a website that works the same as TSR, No? Oh well, revolution over.
It is easy to set up a forum. Also reddit...
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Wasn't directed at you! Sorry!
I don't think it helps anything to insult the mods, and I don't like it when anything gets personal on here (apart from when people attack me personally, that's quite fun!) but having said that, the mods response has been less than impressive - no need for that sort of aggressive style by either set.
I actually thought i was being quite tame.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd rather go out kicking and screaming.
That's very you.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
That's very you.
You know me so well. I do hope that i don't have to leave (again)
talentedlobster
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apparently the Reddit Speaker is watching this all unfolding, I bet he's got some popcorn out.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apparently the Reddit Speaker is watching this all unfolding, I bet he's got some popcorn out.
Hi Reddit Speaker, if you were unfairly banned please give no response (because you were unfairly banned).

The man speaks for himself.
talentedlobster
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please ask him (if you have reddit) if he'd ever consider returning to TSR with a different account at a later date and also make sure he wasn't insulted by our terrible welcome.
Got a response, "I was very insulted.I doubt i will return. You are all more than welcome over here though."
His words not mine, for the record.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got a response, "I was very insulted.I doubt i will return. You are all more than welcome over here though."
I can't blame him.
talentedlobster
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't blame him.
I also got sent another message from him asking me to post a message, but I fear I would be carded for even passing on what he said.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That makes me feel very guilty. I don't blame him.

Ask if the position of Deputy Leader of the Labour Party and/or Chancellor of the Exchequer is open at the reddit MHoC please.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also got sent another message from him asking me to post a message, but I fear I would be carded for even passing on what he said.
Message it to me. I might be willing to take the risk.
talentedlobster
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That makes me feel very guilty. I don't blame him.

Ask if the position of Deputy Leader of the Labour Party and/or Chancellor of the Exchequer is open at the reddit MHoC please.
Not got a reply yet, but looking at the wiki both leader and deputy are taken and I'm not sure if they have roles such as the chancellor of the exchequer yet. Also, apparently M&M's not popcorn.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Reddit Speaker, if you were unfairly banned please give no response (because you were unfairly banned).

The man speaks for himself.
No, he's already spoken in this thread this evening. :fyi:

Seems like you have a dupe problem and people flying false flags.
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd be interested to know if Champagne Supernova will be receiving a warning (or whatever they are these days) for his foul language, just as I did. Can a mod enlighten me?

(Original post by bun)
Once again stupid 'over-modding' - all it does it detract potential new members.

As for the debate, hold it externally via Skype or whatever and watch as the mods fail to do anything about it.

When converting the PCP into UKIP, Abucha, Luc (Chiggy) and I set up a TSR UKIP website where we could do our 'plotting' but also where, afterwards, most of our party bill discussions and ideas took place to get around our worry of A) a mole B) the PCP leaders knowing what we were planning and C) the stupid censorship rules on here.

Just do it and screw the 'rules'. You'll find nothing happens and you'll get a much better end product than a half-arsed debate on here.

Better to seek forgiveness than ask permission
I bet i'd be allowed to swear in my own forum without being punished as well

Is this the start of a revolution?
Funnily enough a similar incident occurred not long back in the govt' forum where we got threatened with being shut down by some rather rude chap :ninja:
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
I'd be interested to know if Champagne Supernova will be receiving a warning (or whatever they are these days) for his foul language, just as I did. Can a mod enlighten me?

I bet i'd be allowed to swear in my own forum without being punished as well

Funnily enough a similar incident occurred not long back in the govt' forum where we got threatened with being shut down by some rather rude chap :ninja:
I prefer "direct".
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not got a reply yet, but looking at the wiki both leader and deputy are taken and I'm not sure if they have roles such as the chancellor of the exchequer yet. Also, apparently M&M's not popcorn.
Too bad, I can't be bothered to climb the slippery slope of politics a second time anyway.

Wait... you have a reddit account? Do the people at reddit know you're on TSR? Are they ok with that?!
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
For making outrageous and offensive comments to us. He has made an utter fool of himself.
Bit of an exaggeration, no?

---------------------
The way I see this is:

> I was informed by Jarred that someone by the name of RedditSpeaker (whoever that may be, I'm sure you know who you are) comes to the MHoC to promote a new MHoC on reddit.
> This is appropriately dealt with - promotional activity isn't allowed on the site.
> Posts are made in here bringing this into question.
> I post in here earlier. I could apologise but I'm going to stand by the tone of my post, tbh. Other than that my post contains site policy. I'd also like to point out I didn't break the swear filter. :yy:
> As for everything else: If you want to leave the site, we can't stop you. This isn't the first instance of trivial bickering, hence why I said I'd even open the door. If you wish to stay here, then TSR will continue to host the MHoC of course. The MHoC is nearly as old as TSR itself. My personal views on this forum shouldn't refelct the wishes of TSR.

--------------------

I'll reiterate: You can talk about other models, of course. What is not allowed is promotion of another medium that will detract from users from this site. It's a typical rule mainly for the Unis forums where we don't want people signing up (RedditSpeaker/Uni society leaders) to post solely about their off-site activity (MHoC elsewhere/society Facebook group) in a promotional (non-commercial) fashion. That's it. Nothing so crazy about that.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (281)
80.52%
Leave (68)
19.48%

Watched Threads