Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoungAdviser)
    Ah, the typical bitter comment by somebody who lacks the intelligence to make a proper point

Standard Liverpool fan

Why would i be bitter about Lallana whatsoever? He's bang average
    Awkward moment when I'm a United fan....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess its a good job Sturridge is back with Balotelli getting injured.

Was Henderson that bad for England?

Rumours of Rodgers being sacked have begun - http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/15/liverp...dgers-4949412/

ReputationRep:
    Welcome home rafa.

June 2015
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Was Henderson that bad for England?
    I'm a huge supporter of his, but Christ, he had a shocker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Welcome home rafa.

June 2015
    You kinda think as FSG didn't appoint him when Rodgers joined, he probably wont be on their list again? Think FSG seem themselves as too forward looking to go back to a previous manager?

(Original post by Mackay)
    I'm a huge supporter of his, but Christ, he had a shocker.
    Ah that's a shame. Maybe they will drop him for the friendly and give someone else some minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    You kinda think as FSG didn't appoint him when Rodgers joined, he probably wont be on their list again? Think FSG seem themselves as too forward looking to go back to a previous manager?

I very much doubt even if they were stupid enough to sack Rodgers, to go for another previous manager, stick with Brendan, he is still learning himself, 2 bad months in 28 isnt that bad really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankyryan)
    I very much doubt even if they were stupid enough to sack Rodgers, to go for another previous manager, stick with Brendan, he is still learning himself, 2 bad months in 28 isnt that bad really.
    His first half season was poor too, but sacking someone on a basis of two (albeit very) poor months is a bit silly, when you consider the expectations he surpassed within the rest of the period of his managerial reign.

For someone who showed such great potential last season, and surpassed expectations, he deserves at least another season to put it right. Who else is out there who is available?

If he shows no sign of getting it right at the end of this season, only then would I consider sacking him tbh.

Real questions need to be asked about transfer dealings, but his role as manager should not currently imo. Same way that Van Gaal shouldn't, nor Martinez. Wenger should as he's got years to get it right, and still is making the same errors. Pellegrini instills no confidence neither, I would be very concerned about a lot of his form in Europe over two seasons, and the sideway steps the club seems to have taken. He should have the rest of the season anyway. Mid term sackings rarely work out, unless you are in threat of relegation, where Pulis and Palace is a good recent example.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If Brendan can't finish above United given the amount of injuries they have, he can't argue about being sacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If Brendan can't finish above United given the amount of injuries they have, he can't argue about being sacked.
    So he should be sacked if he finishes below Man U purely on the fact that they had an injury crisis 6 months before the season ends, ridiculous logic. How many of those injured right now has a massively adverse affect on their form?

Especially when you see how we have had injuries too.

ReputationRep:
    Lol sacking Rodgers, Van Gaal spent 150M ffs.

Both have been terrible as each other so in reality both should be sacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol sacking Rodgers, Van Gaal spent 150M ffs.

Both have been terrible as each other so in reality both should be sacked.
    Would be terrible to sack either because who would replace them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Roma after Glen Johnson reportedly.

I'll pay for his flight.

ReputationRep:
    What is it with Roma buying over the hill fullbacks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    What is it with Roma buying over the hill fullbacks.
    Ashley Cole's performance against Bayern Munich was the single worst performance I've seen this season.

ReputationRep:
    Ashley Cole's performance against Bayern Munich was the single worst performance I've seen this season.
    Was he that bad? I knew he got taken off at half time but didn't actually watch the match :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Roma after Glen Johnson reportedly.

I'll pay for his flight.
    No allow me to pay for his flight brother.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Was he that bad? I knew he got taken off at half time but didn't actually watch the match :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, but Bayern were so impressive. It's a shame, too. I remember at the World Cup in 2006 when he kept Ronaldo quiet for England against Portugal.

Apparently he's looking to join the MLS after struggling to adapt to life in Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but Bayern were so impressive. It's a shame, too. I remember at the World Cup in 2006 when he kept Ronaldo quiet for England against Portugal.

Apparently he's looking to join the MLS after struggling to adapt to life in Italy.
    He is old though, and was arguably the best LB in the world for a good number of years. He should go MLS, earn a big fat pay packet and enjoy life, could join up with Lampard again in New York I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy)
    No allow me to pay for his flight brother.
    Can we get a pot going? I'd like to chip in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Welcome home rafa.

June 2015
    Rafa is holding out for the Spanish national team and will probably get it after VdB.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.