Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Jt red means he misses game v arsenal?
    No he'll miss Palace at home. Only violent conduct is 3 game ban.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Was it a straight red? It usually is a 3 match ban I think. If it was two yellows then it's just a one match ban.
    Courtois got a 1 game ban.

3 match ban is usually for dangerous play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Courtois got a 1 game ban.

3 match ban is usually for dangerous play.
    Hmm thanks for clearing that up. I checked and saw before you quoted me xD

ReputationRep:
    If we get ourselves together mentally, I think we can win the league. I don't think we need a world class striker to win it, we need all of our attacking players to take responsibility. The likes of Ozil and Walcott are due huge seasons, and I will seriously doubt we will see better from them if they don't do it this season. They're not likely to develop any more, I think they are at their peak.

ReputationRep:
    LIKE this POST if you want Benzema and Cavani at Arsenal this transfer window!!

ReputationRep:
    dbi

ReputationRep:
    Ozil needs to be hitting 10+ league goals, statistically in all area he hasn't replicated Santi's first season here. I expect alot more for £43M tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Ozil needs to be hitting 10+ league goals, statistically in all area he hasn't replicated Santi's first season here. I expect alot more for £43M tbh
    Yeah, still to this day I don't get why you didn't get Di Maria instead.

ReputationRep:
    Benzema's not in the Madrid line up, nor is he on the bench..

Oh, cos he's injured

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Reckon this season will be huge for him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol Jam drop it. He didn't exactly set the league alight either. Watch pedro smash it. Nearly all of the barca cast offs who were in or around the first team, smash it in the EPL. The same cant be said about Real Madrids players.

Has anyone actually developed as a player, playing for RM? srs question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    If we get ourselves together mentally, I think we can win the league. I don't think we need a world class striker to win it, we need all of our attacking players to take responsibility. The likes of Ozil and Walcott are due huge seasons, and I will seriously doubt we will see better from them if they don't do it this season. They're not likely to develop any more, I think they are at their peak.
    We could see what Walcott offers, if man like Wenger didn't play Ramsey in his position all the time. I've come to accept we will never see two actual wingers on the wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Lol Jam drop it. He didn't exactly set the league alight either. Watch pedro smash it. Nearly all of the barca cast offs who were in or around the first team, smash it in the EPL. The same cant be said about Real Madrids players.

Has anyone actually developed as a player, playing for RM? srs question
    Di Maria had 11 assists last season and was playing in a system that clearly lacks creativity due to the managers fear of his side conceding loads of goals because of their shoddy defence. At Arsenal you have a manager who actually finds a way to get a side with creative players to actually create chances. He'd have done dirt at Arsenal.

Also Marcelo, Ramos, Higuain, Casillas answer your question. It's weird Real cast offs in PL are so poor, as in Serie A and the BuLI they're very good (Carvajal, Sneijder, Robben, Higuain, Morata)

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo developed...

ReputationRep:
    Walcott in front of Bellerin, that would go down well defensively....

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Wenger would have gauged Di Maria's interest in coming to England seen he wasn't prepared to be committed and walked away from him tbh. It's always tricky with South Americans. At least with Ozil he enjoys London's and is generally humble and committed to the cause but would that be the case if he had performed to a higher standard in England and was attracting interest elsewhere? Who knows

(Original post by SA-1)
    Reckon this season will be huge for him
    Yeah he really needs to deliver in the league. At least now he looks as if he's fully adapted to the league physically and he's putting in consistent performances. His vision and passing has been excellent so far

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria had 11 assists last season and was playing in a system that clearly lacks creativity due to the managers fear of his side conceding loads of goals because of their shoddy defence. At Arsenal you have a manager who actually finds a way to get a side with creative players to actually create chances. He'd have done dirt at Arsenal.

Also Marcelo, Ramos, Higuain, Casillas answer your question.
    He didn't smash it though. I agree he didn't have a bad season. Imagine him on one side and Alexis on the other with a Lewa/Benz/Cavani uptop :sogood:

Casillas, Marcelo and Ramos I'll give you. Ronaldo too. Higuain is playing poorly outside of Madrid and I dont think he was as good as he was made out to be. The Madrid team covered alot of his flaws.

ReputationRep:
    Sneijder and Robben won the champions league after leaving Real. The club that signed Woodgate, Faubert and both Diarras. Kaka was a flop from the moment he joined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Walcott in front of Bellerin, that would go down well defensively....
    That would make sense, if Ramsey wasnt going on his superman missions recently. Wenger just wants an extra ball player on the pitch. Also I think having someone like walcott there would make the opp fb think about attacking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Sneijder and Robben won the champions league after leaving Real. The club that signed Woodgate, Faubert and both Diarras. Kaka was a flop from the moment he joined
    Did they really develop at Real though? I think they developed their game more once they left.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.