Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

• Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

I usually make a big announcement about this but for various reasons, can't this year. So I'll just make a post here - we've made some threads in the A-Level forum designed to help you guys in the run up to results (including the famous grade boundaries thread). Have a look at the sticky threads.

Good luck *

ReputationRep:
    Just want to see the Edexcel GB to see if I've failed maths or not.
    • Study Helper

(Original post by nimesh007)
    Guys are u all sure that grade boundries will be released at midnight
    No - they can be released at any time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    Awesome, that's really, really put my mind at ease. In both English and Film I now know I've already got at least 70 each towards the overall 320 UMS from the coursework modules. I was underestimating how big of an impact UMS and AS Levels had. Though I am still cautious, just not bricking myself as much as I was before.
    WJEC Film?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel bio4 has ruined my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Isn't it mandatory to get 90+ UMS in C3 and C4 for the A*?
    It's a 90+ UMS average, a 180+ UMS total.
    Meaning 100 in C3 and 80 in C4 will still get you the A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    WJEC Film?
    Nope, OCR, a course I haven't seen any discussion on here or elsewhere. The questions this year were great, one was based on something I had literally been practicing the day before and the other was based on something incredibly easy to write about. Got 95/100 in my Coursework as well so I don't really have any worries about it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I usually make a big announcement about this but for various reasons, can't this year. So I'll just make a post here - we've made some threads in the A-Level forum designed to help you guys in the run up to results (including the famous grade boundaries thread). Have a look at the sticky threads.

Good luck *
    Why are only 3 different coloured and not all of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    Nope, OCR, a course I haven't seen any discussion on here or elsewhere. The questions this year were great, one was based on something I had literally been practicing the day before and the other was based on something incredibly easy to write about. Got 95/100 in my Coursework as well so I don't really have any worries about it.
    I'm not going to get above a C It's really upsetting because I was 5UMS off a B last year and would have made the B if I'd talked about both sources in one of the questions which lost me 10 MARKS! I retook the exam but I know I didn't do as well. This year we had Mexican cinema which I struggled with massively and that's going to be the question that pulls my grade down.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the WJEC grade boundaries will be released? I remember last year they were the first ones out, which was a surprise because they are usually the slowest apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me how UMS works in AS in subjects such as Psychology, im freaking out and im doing a new spec with 2 units. 😩
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Aph)
    Why are only 3 different coloured and not all of them
    Because we don't discriminate by colour :hand:

(You'll need to ask Gingerbread101 )*

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I am so so nervous :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    True, thats a good way of looking at it.

Law hopefully!!
    If you don't get it - reapply. It's better to wait a year than cry for the next 3/4 years lol (don't want to go to my insurance). I'll be reapplying to Oxford myself if I have missed my offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    I'm not going to get above a C It's really upsetting because I was 5UMS off a B last year and would have made the B if I'd talked about both sources in one of the questions which lost me 10 MARKS! I retook the exam but I know I didn't do as well. This year we had Mexican cinema which I struggled with massively and that's going to be the question that pulls my grade down.
    Ah damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. In OCR our film question (the other question being about film context/history) was based around three foreign films of the teacher's choice, so we got a French (La Haine), Spanish (The Orphanage) and Korean (Oldboy) film to study. Only looking at Mexican cinema sounds like it could be very limiting, so I can imagine how hard it might be.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Oh my god I am so so nervous :/
    What you applied for/where? All the best of the luck in any case, I'm sure you've done well.

ReputationRep:
    Double Post!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm on a scheme at my firm uni, but I don't know if it's took into consideration if I miss out on a few grades... Should I call them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummm generally people are expected to have made a back up plan already by results day about where they plan on going to and then have 9-5 hours to call around and get offers and then decide where they want to go. So you should be making the important decisions now really.
    Yes I know, and I do but I'm just saying that the day is going to be stressful enough as it is I think having a day to calm down a bit would help
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Right

time for some distractions - it's the annual parallel universe clearing options challenge....
    *fanfare*
    *cheerleaders* :party:
    *whooping*

Step 1: go to http://search.ucas.com/
    Step 2: search for a common degree subject (english, business, psychology)
    Step 3: from the results pick a university that you didn't consider when first applying
    Step 4: clear your last search and search again for ALL clearing courses available at that new university
    Step 5: find a course they offer that is COMPLETELY different to what you applied for that sounds like it would be really interesting to study
    Step 6: SHARE

So on my first run I found http://www.worcester.ac.uk/ and I'm torn between Archaeology and Heritage Studies and Business Psychology. They both look really interesting and I could see either leading to a very different career to the one I'm in but doing something incredibly interesting.

Second run I shortlisted https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/ and either Animal Behaviour and Welfare or Product Design - a bit more science based than the Worcester choices but who doesn't want to better understand the mysteries of animals or make amazing cool things on 3D printers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.