Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No way! Ledley Kinggggggg.

ReputationRep:
    1338: Seems fairly certain now that Stephen Warnock has got the nod at left-back over Leighton Baines. Meanwhile, Shaun Wright-Phillips has texted Manchester City to tell them he is in the England squad.
    SWP looks set. Hopefully this is a lie.

ReputationRep:
    Johnson over SWP would be a godsend :coma:

ReputationRep:
    SHambles, official announcement at 1500

ReputationRep:
    official announcement won't be until 1500 - WTF? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    This is well silly. FA :mad:

ReputationRep:
    What's the rush? Line ups don't have to be confirmed to FIFA until tonight, let's make a day of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    SWP looks set. Hopefully this is a lie.

I can only hope he breaks his leg in training (or immediately) forcing Capello to choose Johnson.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god our manager is fairly sane. If it had been Maradona he would have left out Lampard and Gerrard. Picked Curtis Davies ahead of JT and played Downing in the left. Rooney would be partnered in attack with Kevin Phillips. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    According to the Guardian:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, , Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...land-world-cup

ReputationRep:
    I think omitting Theo would be quite a bizarre occurence.

But the anti-Theo crowd would love it. And from an Arsenal fan perspective, I'd rather have him well-rested.

England had no chance anyway, but at least Walcott would have provided another system and an outlet.

ReputationRep:
    Wayne Bridge has sensationally made himself available. :rofl: Okay I lie. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    606 makes me laugh :rofl:

Walcott decision crazy is lennon gets a one on one he will miss can't score to save his life Walcott has scored a hat trick for england scored and 2 assists against Barca
    Walcott isn't in the squad! it's a disgrace!!!! He would have his nameplate nailed to his seat on the plane if we'd seen more of him this year and since he's returned to fitness he has been very promising his performance against Mexico was superb and he did nothing wrong against Japan, but the majority of the team were so awful that his half decent performance was unnoticeable. He is good enough to turn a match around with a blistering run (Liverpool4-2Arsenal in the CL). If not for Ryan Babel's blatant dive he would've single handedly sent Arsenal sailing through and in the LEague Cup final he scored a great goal against Chelsea. What i'm saying is that he is not a typical Arsenal player and does Actually rise to the occasion so he is perfecct for the WC. TBH i rate Fabio a lot less now, in my opinion you need 11 players to win you the world cup. And walcott was one
    this is rubbish. SWP in for Walcott? Joe Cole in? Heskey in? complete shambles by Capello. i hope he does leave after the world cup
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I'd have Walcott over SWP tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I think omitting Theo would be quite a bizarre occurence.

But the anti-Theo crowd would love it. And from an Arsenal fan perspective, I'd rather have him well-rested.

England had no chance anyway, but at least Walcott would have provided another system and an outlet.
    In his defence, I suppose he would have ensured we got knocked out at an earlier stage than we might reach now, thus the crushing of our dreams would have come a few days earlier and wouldn't have been so hard to take :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 46664)
    Thank god our manager is fairly sane. If it had been Maradona he would have left out Lampard and Gerrard. Picked Curtis Davies ahead of JT and played Downing in the left. Rooney would be partnered in attack with Kevin Phillips. :mmm:
    Well Downing on the left would be far better than Gerrard playing there which looks a fair possibility given that Theo has been left out, Barry is in and the fact J.Cole wasn't a cert for the squad

ReputationRep:
    Shocking, SWP is ****, Adam Johnson is much better. I'd rather have Huddlestone than Carrick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Well Downing on the left would be far better than Gerrard playing there which looks a fair possibility given that Theo has been left out, Barry is in and the fact J.Cole wasn't a cert for the squad
    Gerrard played left midfield throughout the qualifiers and scored 3 goals in 7 games from that position. Having Ashley Cole behind him means he essentially has a free role to link up with the strikers and do as he pleases. Capello has finally found a place for him in the England side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 46664)
    I'd have Walcott over SWP tbh.
    I posted it to point out the stupidity of some of the people on that website. They think Capello should be sacked and that he's a much worse manager because he didn't pick Walcott :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    But the anti-Theo crowd would love it.
    I love it.

:happy2:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.