Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    They are the exception, not the rule. I'm sorry you took a beating, but you got to understand not every player is the same. RVP= one season wonder enough said.

Hr spend 8 years in the treatment table while we still paid him, and this how he repays us? **** him he moved for the money, I watched an interview in Dutch where he said money was the deal breaker, because he wanted a nice retirement for his family lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    RVP did well this season too tbh. Plus I don't think he moved solely for money (despite it perhaps being a factor).

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Yeah but thing is Cesc and Vilanova have come out and said he wants to stay and Vilanova wants him to. Somehow I doubt we're going into the new season with Xavi old and struggles with his achilles problem, Iniesta, Song and Roberto as our CM's Just not going to happen. Also I believe Fabregas isn't going to join any other club bar Arsenal and still he wont be moving at least not this year.
    Well, I do hope you're right. I'd be very distressed if Fabregas moved to United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    RVP did well this season too tbh. Plus I don't think he moved solely for money (despite it perhaps being a factor).
    It's hard to accept something like that. It's like someone ripping off your heart out after supporting them for so many years. I'm clearly distressed, sorry for my outburst

This is probably the same emotion Liverpool fans will go through if Suarez comes to Arsenal, but we have to do what we have to do in order to stay competitive and win trophies.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be pretty devastated if Fabregas went to United. We'll still be selling our best players to our rivals, even when they're not our players any more! :sigh:

Anyway, with all the talk of Higuain recently, what happened with Jovetic? Juventus have said they are happy with their attack and have dropped their pursuit of him. Would anyone still take him over Higuain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    I'd be pretty devastated if Fabregas went to United. We'll still be selling our best players to our rivals, even when they're not our players any more! :sigh:

Anyway, with all the talk of Higuain recently, what happened with Jovetic? Juventus have said they are happy with their attack and have dropped their pursuit of him. Would anyone still take him over Higuain?
    I think Jovetic is on his way to City. As a striker, I'd rather have Higuain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas has said he's happy at Barcelona, after this season he will definitely become a starter at Barcelona as xavi ages
    If he doesn't move this season which is highly likely I think he'll remain there until he retires

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

The jovetic rumours have died down and I would take him over higuain :yep:

Yup, I really like Jovetic, but with City apparently involved I don't think we have much of a chance. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Why havent we got Jovetic? Am I right in saying we have dropped out because we think 28-30M is too much for him?

If we were willing to pay 25, I don't see why we're pulling out for 3-5M when we desperately need a striker.

(Original post by KD35)
    Why havent we got Jovetic? Am I right in saying we have dropped out because we think 28-30M is too much for him?

If we were willing to pay 25, I don't see why we're pulling out for 3-5M when we desperately need a striker.
    I think Wenger saw more value in some of the other targets we have lined up. :dontknow: Either that or City were involved earlier than we thought (there were some rumours of them wanting him last season) and Wenger decided we wouldn't be able to compete.

Or maybe it's still on and we just don't know about it. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I think Wenger saw more value in some of the other targets we have lined up. :dontknow: Either that or City were involved earlier than we thought (there were some rumours of them wanting him last season) and Wenger decided we wouldn't be able to compete.

Maybe he's using the higuain/suarez saga to hide the secret signings he's making :ninja:

ReputationRep:

I think it was mainly hot air from his agent, notice how first Juve then Arsenal and now City have supposedly been on the brink of signing him for a few days at a time, wouldn't be suprised if the City link goes quiet now too although having said that they will probably confirm the signing in 10 minutes time now and make me look like a tit

ReputationRep:
    Well, I do hope you're right. I'd be very distressed if Fabregas moved to United.
    I know I'm right

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who is glad that we're not in for Jovetic? I'd much rather prefer Hiquain:coma: tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)

I rate Jovetic very highly but paying any over £20m for he is too much. I think Wenger went off Jovetic because he would prefer Rooney just behind the poacher.

ReputationRep:
    "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"Jean-Jacques Ross

ReputationRep:
    This summer isn't looking promising at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I rate Jovetic very highly but paying any over £20m for he is too much. I think Wenger went off Jovetic because he would prefer Rooney just behind the poacher.
    Well I disagree with you there, we don't always have to look for bargains, sometimes you have to take a bit of extra risk to make it pay off.

24M (now 27.5 because of add ons) for RVP was seen to be quite a lot for an injury prone 29 year old in the final year of his contract but UTD still paid and argueably hes done that price justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Well I disagree with you there, we don't always have to look for bargains, sometimes you have to take a bit of extra risk to make it pay off.

24M (now 27.5 because of add ons) for RVP was seen to be quite a lot for an injury prone 29 year old in the final year of his contract but UTD still paid and argueably hes done that price justice.
    Actually £24M for a striker of RVP's quality was an absolute bargain and the fact that Jovetic is going for £27m shows how inflated Jovetic really price is.

Paying 20m for Jov isn't a bargain it's a fair price and a true reflection of his ability.

(Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"Jean-Claude

Pretty sure thats Jean Jacques-Rosseau

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.