Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I suggest that we forfeit all remaining games to save further embarrassment and allow Maddison and Murphy to bugger off to Norwich where they would clearly prefer to be. We can invest in a Heimlich machine to be installed at the Ricoh to guard against choking next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fleck's off, too. You seem to be in need of quite the overhaul.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Fleck's off, too. You seem to be in need of quite the overhaul.
    The signing of that Bulgarian midfielder was a sign that Fleck was off, and he has at best been inconsistent this season. My hunch is he will head back to Rangers now they are in the SPL next season.

Compared to last summer we do have the benefit of knowing who our manager is and what set up we have in place. What concerns me is that Mowbray quite clearly doesn't know what to do when his tactics get sussed. His handling of Jim O'Brien is especially disappointing as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    His handling of Jim O'Brien is especially disappointing as well.
    Bizarre departure that. How's he doing at Scunthorpe, anyway? I saw he scored on his debut but have heard little else since.

ReputationRep:
    Bizarre departure that. How's he doing at Scunthorpe, anyway? I saw he scored on his debut but have heard little else since.
    MOTM performances from what I hear. Technically he isn't a bad player and he puts in bucket loads of effort, so frankly I do not understand why he couldn't get a game for us. I think Mowbray has been far too soft on Murphy's half arsed displays.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    MOTM performances from what I hear. Technically he isn't a bad player and he puts in bucket loads of effort, so frankly I do not understand why he couldn't get a game for us. I think Mowbray has been far too soft on Murphy's half arsed displays.
    Remember seeing him live for Barnsley once - he ran and ran and constantly demanded the ball. In a team full of youngsters in the final third, you'd imagine his graft and bravery and penchant not to shirk responsibility would be priceless.

ReputationRep:
    Remember seeing him live for Barnsley once - he ran and ran and constantly demanded the ball. In a team full of youngsters in the final third, you'd imagine his graft and bravery and penchant not to shirk responsibility would be priceless.
    There has clearly been a personal falling out, and I don't blame JOB at all. If I saw people getting picked who clearly weren't bothered I'd be frustrated as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    League One player of the year nominees:

- Bradley Dack.
    - Nicky Ajose.
    - Romaine Sawyers.

Weird that none of them are guaranteed promotion to the Championship...

ReputationRep:
    Really torn by League Two this year because I like both York and Oxford.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    League Two player of the year nominees:

Matty Taylor (Bristol Rovers)
    Ricky Holmes (Northampton Town)
    Kemar Roofe (Oxford United)

ReputationRep:
    Matty Taylor definitely. Absolute goal machine!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sam.jenko)
    Matty Taylor definitely. Absolute goal machine!
    It's a close one.

Shocked League One haven't included Armstrong, Power or Grigg.

ReputationRep:
    It's a close one.

Shocked League One haven't included Armstrong, Power or Grigg.
    To be fair Armstrong hasn't shown up since the New Year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    To be fair Armstrong hasn't shown up since the New Year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An indictment of how your season has tailed off. I thought he was nailed on pre-January.

ReputationRep:
    An indictment of how your season has tailed off. I thought he was nailed on pre-January.
    It's player of the season, not player of the half season. This award belongs to someone who has been consistent from August to May and nobody in our team can claim that, with maybe Chris Stokes the exception.

A bright note recently has been young Jodi Jones from Dag and Red who looks to have a lot about him. Shame his teammates don't give a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When are the Championship player of the year candidates named? Anybody know?

ReputationRep:
    When are the Championship player of the year candidates named? Anybody know?
    Been released today; Gray, McCormack and Judge. Any of those 3 would be a fair winner.

ReputationRep:
    I know you've gone on in the past, but can someone explain to me why Matt Derbyshire's red card against Leeds was rescinded, but Alex Mowatt's against Brum wasn't?

Both challenges here: https://instagram.com/p/BELsvVioyMY/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I know you've gone on in the past, but can someone explain to me why Matt Derbyshire's red card against Leeds was rescinded, but Alex Mowatt's against Brum wasn't?

Both challenges here: https://instagram.com/p/BELsvVioyMY/
    Red cards can be rescinded in any of the following cases:

1. Mistaken identity.

2. The panel considers the offence not worthy of a booking.

3. The referee did not identify the correct offence.

Red cards cannot be downgraded to yellow, which is the reasoning behind 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Red cards can be rescinded in any of the following cases:

1. Mistaken identity.

2. The panel considers the offence not worthy of a booking.

3. The referee did not identify the correct offence.

Red cards cannot be downgraded to yellow, which is the reasoning behind 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's fair enough and explains Mowatt's challenge, but does not explain the Derbyshire incident. I still do not know the reasoning behind that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.