Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Jari Litmanen's still got it, lads:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Can we get a pot going? I'd like to chip in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i'll put in for this
    take it round uni - i'd get a fair amount if i told random lads what it was for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Jari Litmanen's still got it, lads:
    oh my days.. have not heard that name in years..

He was my favourite player as a kid!

I had no idea who he was though..

At the time, I did not follow football at all, and had no idea about teams/players, the only things I did was watch the world cup/euros, and play fifa with friends..

I really do not know why, but we had fifa 2003 (lots before this, but this was the one I remember, as we played it the most) and for some reason, we used to play a lot of world-cups, and I would always pick finland..

No idea why, do not remember, but finland became my team on Fifa as a kid/young teenager, and Litmanen was always the top scorer! he would tear people apart. and after all these years, I played that team so much I can still remember a lot of the names.. It was litmanen and forsell upfront, then johnson behind, tanio, hypia, kolkka, tihinen, pasanen etc.

Loved that team, and still try to keep a finish player in my squad playing fifa these days.. with Puki being my striker for Southampton at the moment (career mode)

Anyway.. that was just a big nostalgia trip for me.. going to go look him up and see who he actually is now!

EDIT:

Must have been a great era for finish football looking at it, did not realise that the three forwards at that time, that I played with are also their 3 top scorers of all time..

Hope one day they actually manage to qualify for a major tourement, and will support them as my 2nd team
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    oh my days.. have not heard that name in years..
    He was my favourite player as a kid!
    I used to love pretending to be him in the park when I was little.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love pretending to be him in the park when I was little.
    I always pretended I was Torres.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd pretend that I was Henry
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't that young when Torres was around tbf.

It was always Litmanen or Owen, except for a period when I went through a weird Freddie Ljungberg phase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I'd pretend that I was Henry
    i always noted how henry had a very distinctive dribbling style, king of hugging the ball to the outside of his boot and pushing it forward.
    i noticed they emulated that in some of the earlier FIFA games - i could always tell it was him on the ball
    or maybe i'm just imagining things...

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't that young when Torres was around tbf.

It was always Litmanen or Owen, except for a period when I went through a weird Freddie Ljungberg phase.
    I wasn't that young either, 12 when he moved to the PL :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brendon should pack his bag since he will finish midtable and won't any trophy.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Good news people, reports that Sturridge has got another injury.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Good news people, Times are reporting that Sturridge has got another injury.
    I've been slating Hodgson but Sturridge legs just cannot keep up with anything. **** sake...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Good news people, reports that Sturridge has got another injury.
    Came here to report this, but you got this.

Shocking record.

ReputationRep:
    Guess what, Balotelli is set to return, you couldn't have written this ****

Season is truly over unless Rodgers pulls off a miracle in the Jan transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Guess what, Balotelli is set to return, you couldn't have written this ****

Season is truly over unless Rodgers pulls off a miracle in the Jan transfer window.
    Well that would be panic buying, and your previous window has been bad enough as it is. You shouldn't make rash signings to try and plug a gap for 4 months.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was 15, so I'd left the football in the park for drinking cider in the park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Well that would be panic buying, and your previous window has been bad enough as it is. You shouldn't make rash signings to try and plug a gap for 4 months.
    We have no competant striker up front which is why Liverpool cannot score goals, cannot expect to last the season with Balotelli upfront alone. What I meant by a miracle is signing someone like Sturridge for a bargain. It's all well and good having a solid defence but if you cannot score, no 3 points.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hayles101)
    Is it plugging a gap though? Balotelli looks like he's one expensive flop so far, and Lambert/Borini aren't good enough.

It's hard to see who they can bring in though. Can see Rodgers going after Berahino.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well now I feel old :sad:

ReputationRep:
    The Sturridge saga is taking the piss now.

ReputationRep:
    omg ffs, I can't believe Sturridge is injured again. :cry2:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.