Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Chuck another £15m in and you could
    potentially get Isco (if they sold).
    Yeah but that's 40m, different argument

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    That's 30m, not 25. For 25m could you find a better player than Cazorla who is > 25 but also better?
    If we assume players play at a high level until 35 (which is maybe stretching it a bit) then he has 5 years left. A 25 year old therefore has 10 years left, so you're getting twice the length of service so could afford to pay twice as much. So it's not 25m, it's 50 and you can absolutely find a better player for that.

ReputationRep:
    Chuck another £15m in and you can have Mata.
    We wouldn't want him anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Chuck another £15m in and you can have Mata.
    So you want to sell Mata even though he's kind of just saved your season?

Have to say that really does "tell you everything you need to know about your ambition. [Juan's] been a crucial player for you lot this season. That fact alone should make you want him to stay regardless of any potential offer."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't we want Mata exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    If we assume players play at a high level until 35 (which is maybe stretching it a bit) then he has 5 years left. A 25 year old therefore has 10 years left, so you're getting twice the length of service so could afford to pay twice as much. So it's not 25m, it's 50 and you can absolutely find a better player for that.
    But the argument isn't do you pay 50m for 10 years or cash out on 25 for the remaining 5?

If Santi doesn't want to be a back up in the next few years then we'd have no choice but to sell him. Otherwise he's a really valuable player in our side and the only other playmaker we have once Rosicky leaves. It's not just about his ability/worth as an individual but he's pretty important to the side so obviously we'd value him more then buying clubs. Can we sell him and find a better player? Yes. Why should we fork out 50m on another CAM though when we already have Ozil? Money could be better spent on a striker/winger or CDM. Also there'd be no point using the Cazorla money to fund a different position because then we'd be short of a backup to Ozil I.E back to square one

I stand by my point, there'd be no reason to sell Santi for 25m other then him actually wanting to leave for first time football (which he'll have here for at LEAST another good 2 years).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)

Have to say that really does "tell you everything you need to know about your ambition. [Juan's] been a crucial player for you lot this season. That fact alone should make you want him to stay regardless of any potential offer."
    Strong comprehension of satire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)

(Original post by Arkasia)
    Why wouldn't we want Mata exactly?

Why would we sell Cazorla and buy Mata? Biggest sideways transfer of history ffs. Granted Mata is the better player (overall) but we have Ozil to take the #10 role otherwise Sanchez was on fire in the middle too. We need a winger this window and I'm confident we'll get one. I just hope it isn't Pedro however that's looking likely.

ReputationRep:
    It was a ****ing joke. What's wrong with you people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Why would we sell Cazorla and buy Mata? Biggest sideways transfer of history ffs. Granted Mata is the better player (overall) but we have Ozil to take the #10 role otherwise Sanchez was on fire in the middle too. We need a winger this window and I'm confident we'll get one. I just hope it isn't Pedro however that's looking likely.
    We don't need to sell Cazorla and we won't, you're right it would make no sense.

Wouldn't mind Pedro, the guy has quality but hasn't been able to do much since Suarez arrived, he'd be a decent enough signing imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Questions like this are ****ing stupid and tell you everything you need to know about your ambition. Santi's been a crucial player for you lot this season. That fact alone should make you want him to stay regardless of any potential offer.
    No it's just if he's gonna play deeper, I'd rather get Kondogbia.

ReputationRep:
    We don't need to sell Cazorla and we won't, you're right it would make no sense.

Wouldn't mind Pedro, the guy has quality but hasn't been able to do much since Suarez arrived, he'd be a decent enough signing imo
    And yet again we'd be buying another reject though. Soon enough we'll have a full XI of rejects.

Right now its

Welbeck
    Ozil Alexis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    No it's just if he's gonna play deeper, I'd rather get Kondogbia.
    Kondogbia would be such a great buy.

ReputationRep:
    Word is Wenger wants Smalling.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Smalling.html

He can **** off :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Word is Wenger wants Smalling.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Smalling.html

He can **** off :lol:

Load of *******s just like when we were linked to agger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I feel very bad for Diaby. He had lots of potential and I think he is the longest standing player at the club or maybe it is Walcott I'm not sure. Eduardo is another player who suffered a terrible injury and managed to come back but Diaby is even worse
    Omg Eduardo yh he's one of my favourite arsenal players. Imagine what could have been.

Yeah wouldn't sell personally. Think you'd get £15m max if I'm honest but doesn't make sense to sell.

4-1-4-1 is good formation for you going into the future really. Stacked in terms of B2B players and just need quality at DM (depth in Coq and to an extent Chambers). Would say that in big games you could have 2 B2B players in front of your DM and just drop Özil.
    Yeah imagine we got someone like Gundogan and put ramsey/wilshere and gundogan in front of say Schneiderlin. Sanchez on the left and Ox/Walcott on the right and the mid would be OP. Improve on Giroud with Lewa/Martinez/Benz and we're talking title contenders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    And yet again we'd be buying another reject though. Soon enough we'll have a full XI of rejects.

Right now its

Welbeck
    Ozil Alexis
    Rejects don't necessarily mean they're ****? Kind of flawed logic tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Load of *******s just like when we were linked to agger

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...issed-smalling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Kondogbia would be such a great buy.
    He does, we were linked with him when he left Sevilla, honestly if we got him he'd be that centre mid we've been crying out for. Imagine him and Morgan.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.