Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    I'm not going to get above a C It's really upsetting because I was 5UMS off a B last year and would have made the B if I'd talked about both sources in one of the questions which lost me 10 MARKS! I retook the exam but I know I didn't do as well. This year we had Mexican cinema which I struggled with massively and that's going to be the question that pulls my grade down.
    Ah damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. In OCR our film question (the other question being about film context/history) was based around three foreign films of the teacher's choice, so we got a French (La Haine), Spanish (The Orphanage) and Korean (Oldboy) film to study. Only looking at Mexican cinema sounds like it could be very limiting, so I can imagine how hard it might be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Oh my god I am so so nervous :/
    What you applied for/where? All the best of the luck in any case, I'm sure you've done well.

ReputationRep:
    Double Post!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm on a scheme at my firm uni, but I don't know if it's took into consideration if I miss out on a few grades... Should I call them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummm generally people are expected to have made a back up plan already by results day about where they plan on going to and then have 9-5 hours to call around and get offers and then decide where they want to go. So you should be making the important decisions now really.
    Yes I know, and I do but I'm just saying that the day is going to be stressful enough as it is I think having a day to calm down a bit would help

ReputationRep:
    Right

time for some distractions - it's the annual parallel universe clearing options challenge....
    *fanfare*
    *cheerleaders* :party:
    *whooping*

Step 1: go to http://search.ucas.com/
    Step 2: search for a common degree subject (english, business, psychology)
    Step 3: from the results pick a university that you didn't consider when first applying
    Step 4: clear your last search and search again for ALL clearing courses available at that new university
    Step 5: find a course they offer that is COMPLETELY different to what you applied for that sounds like it would be really interesting to study
    Step 6: SHARE

So on my first run I found http://www.worcester.ac.uk/ and I'm torn between Archaeology and Heritage Studies and Business Psychology. They both look really interesting and I could see either leading to a very different career to the one I'm in but doing something incredibly interesting.

Second run I shortlisted https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/ and either Animal Behaviour and Welfare or Product Design - a bit more science based than the Worcester choices but who doesn't want to better understand the mysteries of animals or make amazing cool things on 3D printers?

ReputationRep:
    Contacting Durham is a pain in the ****. Took 2 months and 3 emails to get a reply...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Right time for some distractions - it's the annual parallel universe clearing options challenge....

*fanfare*
    *whooping*

Step 3: from the results pick a university that you didn't consider when first applying

Step 4: clear your last search and search again for ALL clearing courses available at that new university

Step 5: find a course they offer that is COMPLETELY different to what you applied for that sounds like it would be really interesting to study

So on my first run I found http://www.worcester.ac.uk/ and I'm torn between Archaeology and Heritage Studies and Business Psychology. They both look really interesting and I could see either leading to a very different career to the one I'm in but doing something incredibly interesting.

Second run I shortlisted https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/ and either Animal Behaviour and Welfare or Product Design - a bit more science based than the Worcester choices but who doesn't want to better understand the mysteries of animals or make amazing cool things on 3D printers?
    No, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Right time for some distractions - it's the annual parallel universe clearing options challenge....

*fanfare*
    *whooping*

I really wanted to do animal behaviour but they want an A level in a core science subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMACM98)
    Yes I know, and I do but I'm just saying that the day is going to be stressful enough as it is I think having a day to calm down a bit would help
    Yeah I understand that, it's just that the system being like that would be a nightmare. Currently we have just under 2 weeks on clearing so taking a day away for a few unprepared people isn't worth it.

I'm going to be far too nervous to open my results.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else done these AS exams?
    OCR MEI: C1,C2,S1,D1,M1,FP1
    OCR A Chemistry Breadth/Depth
    OCR A Physics Breadth/Depth
    AQA Economics Micro/Macro

If so how did you find them/any predictions of grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Anyone else that did CHEM 4 AQA waiting in fear to see what they got in Chemistry? :c
    Yep, *****ing my chemistry grade, need an A in chemistry overall. In AS I got 263 ums, then + 35minimum for this year's empa, +105 for chem5 (beautiful paper more or less) meaning I need like 70-80 ums in chem 4, it's so unpredictable tho, I feel I could have got an A, B,C or a D in it lol, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Are the grade boundaries released at midnight tonight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah I understand that, it's just that the system being like that would be a nightmare. Currently we have just under 2 weeks on clearing so taking a day away for a few unprepared people isn't worth it.
    True. Tbh you need to find a clearing place ASAP after results especially for the most popular courses (psychology, law and business) seem to go like mad!

ReputationRep:
    Forensic Investigation sounds very interesting. Something I would definitely consider in a different life.

ReputationRep:
    is it recommended to call your insurance to ask tomorrow evening if they have accepted or not? i already have my results (and missed offer of my insurance by 1 grade) will they tell me??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Depends which exam board- AQA is 8am..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I heard somewhere aqa release tomorrow morning 8am ish, and every other board will release BEFORE 6pm tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    University of Greenwich - criminology and criminal psychology @PQ, it looks so interesting, I've always been intrigued by criminal behaviour and the minds of criminals.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.