Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geo8L)
    Hey guys, I've applied for Mathematics and Economics. I am a november applicant and all I have recieved so far is an acknowledgement... Anyone in the same boat as me?

Yeah I applied to maths & econ on 12th Nov and only recieved a ack email, bu the gave out some offers last week to people who applied to the course late sept early oct so I don't think we'll hear for a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    ah ok, I didnt think i was alone. you doing A-levels atm? If so, what subjects?

ReputationRep:
    so yeah many people speculated that today will be a possible rejection day, but it seems it isn't. But we can say for sure as we really need to wait around 5pm, and if there's no rejection till that time then next Monday would be the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geo8L)
    ah ok, I didnt think i was alone. you doing A-levels atm? If so, what subjects?

Maths, Chem, Bio and AS FM, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Econ, Chem AS PE... I have offers from York, Nottingham and Exeter, but LSE would be ideal for me, i just want to be put out of my mysery!

ReputationRep:
    BTW Guys, please excuse my absence over the last two week - I asked to get my account temporarily banned, as I had exams!

I still have no news (Maths and Econ, applied 10th of October)

Trying not to think about LSE, but I can't help it unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    BTW Guys, please excuse my absence over the last two week - I asked to get my account temporarily banned, as I had exams!

totally agreed, without a doubt. :yep:

ReputationRep:

I applied on 14th October and still haven't heard a peep from LSE. It seems like we are all in for a long long wait...

ReputationRep:
    Hey and advice on situation. Sent application on 28th September, no email apart from acknowledgement???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar247)
    Hey and advice on situation. Sent application on 28th September, no email apart from acknowledgement???
    What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izoar)
    What course?
    Economics undergrad

ReputationRep:
    Argh man. Just got an offer from St. Andrews this late evening.

Economics and Philosophy (ABB)

Not too bad =)

ReputationRep:

No offence or anything, but I find it hard to believe people cant stop themselves coming to a website especially if that harms their revision. How are those people going to get through university, if they have such low motivational skills.

ReputationRep:
    I DID say i'd see you guys on the 26th for rejections! I dunno who fooled everyone into thinking today would be rejections day!

Beefeater, your statistics make me laugh! They make no mathematical sense whatsoever! :p: But i applaud you for trying.

Tomoli, wow, the amount of posts on this thread about trying to get on the list, is so funny. Of the many, many posts, this is my personal favourite.
    (Original post by tomoli)
    I'm getting concerned that the attention on this this thread is moving away from my plight!
    Now that you are on the list, is your lifes purpose fulfilled? knowing 100's of people who don't know you at all, who don't even know your real name, know you have an offer? Whatever floats your boat!:p:

See you all on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astudent)
    No offence or anything, but I find it hard to believe people cant stop themselves coming to a website especially if that harms their revision. How are those people going to get through university, if they have such low motivational skills.
    Hey don't look at me. I had such strong motivational skills that I asked to get myself banned!

ReputationRep:
    maths and economics
    sent 28/9
    no news!!!!

i hate LSE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrushton17)
    maths and economics
    sent 28/9
    no news!!!!

i hate LSE!
    What are your grades like? I'm applying to the same course, sent 10th October. I have predicted 43, 777 in HL, and I have 5A*, 2A and a B in IGCSEs
    no news yet either.

ReputationRep:
    I think LSE do make their decisions on Friday but UCAS are a little slow processing them, perhaps because LSE make the decisions late on a Friday when the UCAS office is closed, or UCAS staff decide to deal with it on Monday. Because it does clearly say on the LSE website that decisions are made at the end of each week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)
    I think LSE do make their decisions on Friday but UCAS are a little slow processing them, perhaps because LSE make the decisions late on a Friday when the UCAS office is closed, or UCAS staff decide to deal with it on Monday. Because it does clearly say on the LSE website that decisions are made at the end of each week.
    If that were true, then why have all rejections come on Monday, and all Offers the following Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar09)
    If that were true, then why have all rejections come on Monday, and all Offers the following Friday?
    because UCAS find offers more exciting to process than rejections.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.