Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    How could YOU, the cleverest person in this world mess up on the square question. The answer was 56cm, didn't you get that?
    what maths paper was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    how did they let you take it a year early lol?
    Everyone did the core exam in year ten, we're one of the few schools who attempt it!

Glad we did, because I got full UMS which means I around 129/200 UMS already (if I dock one UMS from coursework) with the last exam being /70.

(Original post by Millerman)
    what subject are you talking about?
    Geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mallory)
    same
    How'd you find the unit 3's?

ReputationRep:
    what maths paper was it?
    The paper was AQA Maths Unit 3- taken on Friday June 14 2013. Square question was from Q5-Q10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelineBean)
    How'd you find the unit 3's?
    they were quite easy , but I was resitting , I did them in year 10 , then resat them in March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Everyone did the core exam in year ten, we're one of the few schools who attempt it!

Glad we did, because I got full UMS which means I around 129/200 UMS already (if I dock one UMS from coursework) with the last exam being /70.

Geography
    it took our school the whole of year 10 and half of year 11 to do the 2 controlled assessments, we had 3 or 4 months to learn the content and i didn't bother revising cus i felt like all hope was lost i hope it all goes well though

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the aqa FT exam?

ReputationRep:
    i found it ok too, i felt like it wasn't really geography more like opinions don't you think? like most questions you couldn't have revised for and had to rely on your onthespot thinking skills. it's risky tbh but i hope i did ok
    Yeah that's exactly how I felt! It seems we spent the past two years learning stuff which really wasn't necessary considering how much the exam relied on common sense. Kinda why I'm a bit apprehensive about how I did. Hope all goes well though, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mallory)
    they were quite easy , but I was resitting , I did them in year 10 , then resat them in March
    Wow don't I feel dumb in comparison xD I found B3 okay but P3 was horrible D: did you resit any unit 2's?

ReputationRep:

Geography
    Exam board?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else going to stay up to view grade boundaries? I know I probably shouldn't because they'll just make me feel worse but I don't think I've got the self-control not to look at them!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post links to the threads for grade boundaries tomorrow?

Edexcel, AQA and WJEC would be appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wakemeup)
    Anybody else going to stay up to view grade boundaries? I know I probably shouldn't because they'll just make me feel worse but I don't think I've got the self-control not to look at them!
    Do all of the exam boards post the grade boundaries at midnight ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically there's only a day left! Woo Woo!

:eek::ahee:

ReputationRep:
    it took our school the whole of year 10 and half of year 11 to do the 2 controlled assessments, we had 3 or 4 months to learn the content and i didn't bother revising cus i felt like all hope was lost i hope it all goes well though
    That sucks!!

We did coursework over year ten summer to year eleven half the year...

Then covered unit 2 after
    Exam board?
    WJEC A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    1 day 16 hours 20 minutes

Who else is collecting theirs at 10am?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am!

ReputationRep:
    That sucks!!

We did coursework over year ten summer to year eleven half the year...

Then covered unit 2 after

WJEC A
    is that exam board easy? we did ocr but im not sure if theyre all equal or different difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    1 day 16 hours 20 minutes

Who else is collecting theirs at 10am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am, my school doesn't open until 11.30am :mad: The tension and suspense on Thursday morning will be quite something haha

ReputationRep:
    is that exam board easy? we did ocr but im not sure if theyre all equal or different difficulty.
    Well ours can't be easy if the full UMS boundary is like 75/90, people fail it miserably.

ReputationRep:
    Well ours can't be easy if the full UMS boundary is like 75/90, people fail it miserably.
    fair enough, theyre probs all the same

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.