Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Actually £24M for a striker of RVP's quality was an absolute bargain and the fact that Jovetic is going for £27m shows how inflated Jovetic really price is.

Paying 20m for Jov isn't a bargain it's a fair price and a true reflection of his ability.
    We'll have to see how he performs for the next couple of seasons. I think £24m and one premier league trophy doesn't necessarily equate to a bargain. If he reproduces this form for a couple more seaons and scores a goal every game or has a ratio close to that, then I'll class it as a bargain.

When we add his contract to things, United will be paying £250,000 a week to a 33 year old in a couple of years time. It isn't as cheap as you think it is on their part, particularly if he stops producing this quantity of goals when he reaches 31 - most strikers peak between 27 and 30 and then decline so United might be paying a heavy price for that short term success. Many commentators suggested SAF splashed because he knew the importance of RVP and wanted to go out on a win.

The total amount spent on RVP will be around £80m. A lot of money for someone so late in his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Pretty sure thats Jean Jacques-Rosseau
    Yes, it is. I dunno why I wrote Claude...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    This summer isn't looking promising at all.
    There's still a lot of time. Remember it's still mid-July and there's a month until the season kicks off. I know the trend seems to be either buy very early or panic buy at the last minute, but I have no doubt you'll sort things out. Also, it doesn't seem like you're losing anyone which is a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours Atletico have bid for Cazorla. Don't believe it at all. I swear they used most of the Falcao money to clear outstanding debts. Silly season is in full flow.

ReputationRep:
    Any computer savvy people want to help me out. Some images, videos and gif don't show up on my chrome. Any add ons that I'm suppose to have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Rumours Atletico have bid for Cazorla. Don't believe it at all. I swear they used most of the Falcao money to clear outstanding debts. Silly season is in full flow.
    There's no way this will happen. Santi is settled and happy, particularly since his ol' chum Monreal appeared. We have him on a long term deal.

Other news has Lyon trying to have a player-swap plus cash deal for Gervinho with Grenier going the other way. We've already had a bid for him knocked back, and as unlikely as this story is to be correct, it'd be godly if it were true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    And that he's agreed personal terms with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This has nothing to do with Arsenal, but the other day I was thinking who remembers "Ricardo Quaresma". He particularly loved kicking the ball with the outside of his foot and he scored some bangers tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    This has nothing to do with Arsenal, but the other day I was thinking who remembers "Ricardo Quaresma". He particularly loved kicking the ball with the outside of his foot and he scored some bangers tbh.
    Never fulfilled his potential really :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Yeah I do, a decent player. I remember there being a lot of hype around him and Joaquin at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Never fulfilled his potential really :sad:
    He flopped quite badly at Inter Milan, he was terrible now he's at Al Ahli now.

ReputationRep:
    Wow I've been away a long time, we're on thread XV now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Yeah I do, a decent player. I remember there being a lot of hype around him and Joaquin at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Joaquin was good he actually fulfilled his hype Ricardo Quaresma quite never.

ReputationRep:
    BBC reporting Napoli are in talks with Higuian... What's going on Arsenal? I thought arsenal could afford Rooney, why don't they sign him up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lovely ball from Tommy. Quality finish from Giroud. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Joaquin was good he actually fulfilled his hype Ricardo Quaresma quite never.
    Joaquin didn't live up to his hype.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud seems to have improved from what I remember of him last season he seems more comfortable in front of goal and looks more clinical but it is only friendlies so time will till

ReputationRep:
    Good news while the match is going on..Squillaci has finally moved on. He's headed to Bastia. That frees up some more money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Good news while the match is going on..Squillaci has finally moved on. He's headed to Bastia. That frees up some more money
    We had already released Squillaci so he wasn't our player for Bastia to take him from. He was a free agent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Giroud seems to have improved from what I remember of him last season he seems more comfortable in front of goal and looks more clinical but it is only friendlies so time will till
    Yeah he'll be better than he was last season but I really do hope Wenger does still buy a world class forward. You always think Wenger reads too much into pre-season friendlies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.