Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    That's fair enough and explains Mowatt's challenge, but does not explain the Derbyshire incident. I still do not know the reasoning behind that.
    There will be a written account of the decision by whoever took it that should explain it so assuming it was the FL they should have a report. It may well be on a technicality, like mistaking serious foul play for violent conduct or something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Been released today; Gray, McCormack and Judge. Any of those 3 would be a fair winner.
    Gray for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Hull have a bench consisting of Tom Huddlestone, Sony(?) Aluko, Rob Snodgrass, Chuba Akpom and Sean Maloney.

That is absolute filth at this level.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Two great games tonight - of varying closeness. Awesome free-kick from Snodgrass to win it at the death for Hull, albeit with a huge slice of luck. Wolves were so unlucky. They rebounded well from that early goalkeeping gaffe.

As for Brighton... wow. I don't think they'll get automatic promotion, because I think Burnley and Middlesbrough will be too strong. Great result for them, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Two great games tonight - of varying closeness. Awesome free-kick from Snodgrass to win it at the death for Hull, albeit with a huge slice of luck. Wolves were so unlucky. They rebounded well from that early goalkeeping gaffe.

As for Brighton... wow. I don't think they'll get automatic promotion, because I think Burnley and Middlesbrough will be too strong. Great result for them, though.
    I used to live in Brighton, and was there when the Amex opened. A great city with good fans and a good set-up, so I'd be happy to see them go up automatically. Certainly a club that could make more of a fist of it in the top flight than Burnley.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Until last night that was my thoughts. Not so sure now.

ReputationRep:
    Really need Blackpool to stay put in the relegation zone as I have the following 4-fold pre-season bet on a team in each of the top 4 leagues to go down..

1.Villa (certainty)
    2. Charlton (again, very likely to go down)
    3. Blackpool (borderline, but teams around them have an extra game)
    4. Dag & Red (down like Villa)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I used to live in Brighton, and was there when the Amex opened. A great city with good fans and a good set-up, so I'd be happy to see them go up automatically. Certainly a club that could make more of a fist of it in the top flight than Burnley.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed. I'd welcome Brighton, given the fact they haven't been in the top flight previously. Dyche should be a PL manager, though.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't see Brighton as a top flight club, same as Bournemouth. Nice story and all, but there's no real history. Can't ever imagine looking at a fixture list and getting excited for Brighton away.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't see Brighton as a top flight club, same as Bournemouth. Nice story and all, but there's no real history. Can't ever imagine looking at a fixture list and getting excited for Brighton away.
    The stadium is top flight quality and their infrastructure is strong. I am usually a bitter Scrooge over the likes of Bournemouth though, for the same reason as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nice of Crewe to wait until they were relegated before showing some fight.

ReputationRep:
    Losing at home to 10 man Millwall, players just do not give a ****. They should all have their wages docked from January onwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    The stadium is top flight quality and their infrastructure is strong. I am usually a bitter Scrooge over the likes of Bournemouth though, for the same reason as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Their stadium and infrastructure were the only reasons preventing me using the word "Tinpot"

ReputationRep:
    Please welcome the newest member of the Football League (for next season):

ReputationRep:
    Evening lads :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Evening lads :cool:
    Evening, Wilf. Welcome to the Thunderdome (the championship that is, not this thread).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Congratulations to Cheltenham Town, who were promoted to League Two today.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I'd welcome Brighton, given the fact they haven't been in the top flight previously. Dyche should be a PL manager, though.
    Sadly if they make it, one of their oldest supporters will not be there, a 92 year old man who died whilst waiting for the train home from Falmer yesterday evening. RIP.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Awesome strike from John Fleck for Coventry today.

ReputationRep:

Ikeme has been great for us, especially last game, but he had a mare then.
    We've been sh*t all season, bad injuries have robbed us and the clubs still up for sale. Add that to boring football and a sponsor that no one wants, the fans are growing restless.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.