Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you've heard of the ceasefire between Israel and Gaza. I've seen some people on social media say stuff like,'Victory for Palestine',and 'Palestinians have won.'
    Has anyone really 'won'?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Nobody has won, both sides have agreed to revert back to the 2012 indefinite ceasefire deal and that's it, pretty sad that it's taken so many deaths to get back to where they were two years ago. I doubt it will fully hold (sadly), but this idea that Hamas has won a great victory against the odds, is the product some seriously delusional thinking.

ReputationRep:
    Just highlights the stupidity of some people, I would compare it to a small kids getting bulled by a larger kid, then when the teacher (international opinion) has turned against the larger kid (Israel), the smaller kid then taunting the larger kid and running his mouth to his mates.

Only going to lead to more beatings futher down the line.

ReputationRep:
    Perfectly summed up bub!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    I'm sure you've heard of the ceasefire between Israel and Gaza. I've seen some people on social media say stuff like,'Victory for Palestine',and 'Palestinians have won.'
    Has anyone really 'won'?
    If winning is defined as suffering a casualty rate that is over 30 times higher and seeing tens of thousands of buildings leveled then yes.

OP, i suggest that these people have been smoking some bad granola.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this has taught the Palestinians a lesson, with Hamas, you lose.

ReputationRep:
    Objectively, Gazan civilians and militants have been destroyed and the region's already crap infrastructure is totalled. Israel 'won'.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Hamas helped level Gaza. Great victory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great news for the people of Gaza and Israel with this truce. Long may it last.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this did get more support for Palestinian's but then all the evil ISIS does sort of counters that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marxist Slayer)
    I suppose this did get more support for Palestinian's but then all the evil ISIS does sort of counters that.
    How's ISIS related to Palestine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeemzBeamz)
    Yet you couldn't defeat us. You couldn't accomplish ONE objective. Give me ONE objective you accomplished with credible evidence.

Victory isn't measured by death tolls, or homes demolished. Victory is measured by resilience and demands being met. The ceasefire terms were mainly under our demands not Israel's. The fourth largest army couldn't break the resistance and resilience of a besieged people using, as you said, primitive weaponry. A people who smuggle KFC meals, cement, toothpaste, washing machines, mattresses. Your occupation forces were quite simply humiliated.
    This is the mentality of those who claim that a ceasefire is a Hamas victory. Stated very clearly - "you didn't eradicate us completely so we won". Hezbollah did the same thing last time around.

I fear that this is why there won't be peace for a very long time. Too many people are simply divorced from reality.

ReputationRep:
    It's such a relief that we have a more lasting ceasefire in place and I pray it does last.

However this shouldn't mean that we should ease on the Palestinian solidarity campaigns or the boycott campaigns against Israel.

ReputationRep:
    A vast majority of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip – 88.9 percent - are in favor of rocket fire on Israel, a new poll shows, while 61 percent say they would not want United Nations forces in the Strip.

The survey, which was conducted last week by the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion, found that 60.3 percent "strongly" supported the rocket fire on Israel, while another 28.6 percent said that they supported it. Just 1.4 percent said that they were opposed to the attacks, and only 1 percent expressed strong opposition. Another 1.7 percent said that they did not know how they felt about the strikes.

Religion of peace™

A really peaceful people this lot :rolleyes:

Makes you want to give them a state :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Watch out. You might be branded racist and told 89% is only a small minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    A vast majority of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip – 88.9 percent - are in favor of rocket fire on Israel, a new poll shows, while 61 percent say they would not want United Nations forces in the Strip.

Religion of peace™

So what?

ReputationRep:

Religion of peace™

then 89% can't complain when the strip is reduced to rubble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radicalathiest)
    then 89% can't complain when the strip is reduced to rubble
    My thoughts exactly.

They voted in to power an internationally proscribed terrorist group with the destruction of Israel and genocide of the Jews in their charter.

89% support rocket fire.

And they have the audacity to cry foul when Israel defends itself against their incessant attacks. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts exactly.

They voted in to power an internationally proscribed terrorist group with the destruction of Israel and genocide of the Jews in their charter.

89% support rocket fire.

And they have the audacity to cry foul when Israel defends itself against their incessant attacks. :rolleyes:
    What Genocide of Jews? The Zionist terrorists are dropping bombs on the people of Gaza every day. They are causing a genocide of Palestinians. They want the Palestinians to give up and leave the land so that they can live in the land alone.

As for you RadicalAtheist you should change your name to RadicalZionist that suits you better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.