Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Which board are you on? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel, although we've been using some AQA as well for revision as we ran out of past papers. I'm doing A level too but I don't know what exam board - I think Edexcel again but I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    I've just started revision.
    Time to revise for 25 exams .
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Jaaaaaa... :holmes:

:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dr Seuss :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's revision methods for
    1) history
    2) geography
    3) English lit (poems and text)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that my teacher seems to be focusing entirely on English language rather than literature? We've (still) not finished the second novel and only ever had a look at a poetry paper, yet we've done several language mocks over the years. I even think that the language paper is after the literature ones. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfan_blue)
    Struggling with Chem here I actually find Physics alright. Because it's really short too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm ok with Chen atm as I can picture what's happening but with physics you can't really see the forces and the waves so i just mix them all up-.- is there anything in particular that you struggle with in Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my french controlled assessments I got 30/30, 29/30,27/30 and 26/30. Could someone please tell me roughly how many marks I'll need in each paper to get an A overall- I understand it won't be completely accurate because the grade boundaries change, I just need a rough idea of the marks I should be getting.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Edexcel, although we've been using some AQA as well for revision as we ran out of past papers. I'm doing A level too but I don't know what exam board - I think Edexcel again but I'm not sure
    :five: Ah, okay. :yep: How have you found GCSE Chinese? (Mandarin...?)

(Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Dr Seuss :awesome:
    :ahee:

I can't actually remember reading anything by him other than The Cat in a Hat. XD + I only read/watched The Lorax a few days ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    :ahee:

I can't actually remember reading anything by him other than The Cat in a Hat. XD + I only read/watched The Lorax a few days ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me and my friends go into Waterstones and sit on the floor reading them out loud :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie98)
    This is the truest thing ever
    but then I don't work out, I make like 5 minute microwave cakes
    I actually had a dream the other day that I was in my English language exam, and i actually wrote out a 20 mark question in my dream, like properly doing it and actually thinking about it, most boring 45 minute dream ever
    😂 This sounds exciting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    🔫🔫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    In my french controlled assessments I got 30/30, 29/30,27/30 and 26/30. Could someone please tell me roughly how many marks I'll need in each paper to get an A overall- I understand it won't be completely accurate because the grade boundaries change, I just need a rough idea of the marks I should be getting.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For an A roughly you need high B's. And for an A* my guess is two high A's in your listening and reading exam. For writing remember AQA are marking it (I'm presuming you do AQA) and for speaking I defo got one 29/30 and the other is either 29/28 and writing could be 30's but remember AQA mark that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    What's everyone's revision methods for
    1) history
    2) geography
    3) English lit (poems and text)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which books and poems for literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which books and poems for literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Merchant of Venice, songs of ourselves and stories of ourselves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :five: Ah, okay. :yep: How have you found GCSE Chinese? (Mandarin...?)
    It's not been too difficult actually, I've really enjoyed it. :ahee: My teacher is awesome and I'm sure she'll be great at A level. She teaches adults at a night school so she treats us well, but can also give us a figurative kick up the backside if we need it! Small class size helps too, it's a luxury in a state school of 1,500 kids.

I'm fairly confident about the exams because we've covered enough during the last two years that we can recognise pretty much all of what's in the exam. Real life listening, however... :lolwut: I'm still getting the hang of working out what each word means - double meanings are hard enough in English, never mind in Mandarin!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't help you then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't help you then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What Books are you doing? I'm doing the crucible and of mice and men

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    What Books are you doing? I'm doing the crucible and of mice and men

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lord of the Flies and Of Mice and Men.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there, I'm guessing you are taking iGCSE CIE English Lit?

I'm also doing songs of ourselves, and my best advice would be do look on YouTube and search the individual poems, and it will come up with some explanation/analysis videos that a very good, I'd pareticulqarly recommend Mr Brooker, he's amazing at coming up with some great analysis and will really drive some important points home
    as well as watching these videos, I've been making mind maps for each poem, discussing the format, rhyme scheme, general plot, and maybe some key analysis as well as writing the themes on the outside of the mindmap
    if you match up themes of poems, say, pike and the cockroach (both about animals) etc, then you can start sorting out in your head what type of question might come up for Question 2.

I have also studied Merchant of Venice, but not at iGCSE level. Im doing the Tempest however, and I found a great revision guide on Amazon for it, and a quick Amazon search has shown that there are many for the MoV too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...ripbooks%2C342

Id go for York Notes, either GCSE or advanced depending on how well you think you understand the text

I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    For an A roughly you need high B's. And for an A* my guess is two high A's in your listening and reading exam. For writing remember AQA are marking it (I'm presuming you do AQA) and for speaking I defo got one 29/30 and the other is either 29/28 and writing could be 30's but remember AQA mark that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I should be able to get that, thankyou! And that's really good well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.