The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mr tim
Man Utd now need 3 goals in 2nd half. No ET.

If we concede 3 goals in 45 minutes, I'm gonna rage.
Coutinho pls :sexface:
Liverpool have no chance to win EL enjoy your win over the usless mancs
Original post by Lúcio
If we concede 3 goals in 45 minutes, I'm gonna rage.

This. We shouldn't lose from here.
Original post by The.Joker
Coutinho pls :sexface:

I don't even...

Sakho and Can have been outstanding. Besides that we've been average.

The Coutinho goal came out of nowhere and just shows what a special player he is. No keeper on earth is saving that, not even DDG.
Sakho is absolutely beasting it tonight.
Sturridge is so out of form :frown:
Sturridge so poor, should bring on Origi.
Original post by samir12
Sturridge so poor, should bring on Origi.

That's happening now :smile:

Sturridge has been terrible in both ties to be honest. Definitely hasn't impressed since coming back from injury.
Dat Coutinho goal :eek:

Clyne had a torrid time but we just stayed in the game.
Liverpool have won the tie but some of their fans might kick the whole team out of the competition. Ugly scenes at Old Trafford.
Job done, annoying that we lack any ruthlessness in front of goal but we are through. We are badly going to get exposed against better European sides though, going to be parking the bus from here on out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The.Joker
Carrick and Fellaini!! :ahee:

We should easily go through tbh, I'll be very disappointed if we don't.

Original post by Lúcio
Probably not worth being cocky just yet.

If we score first I'll join you. If not I'm gonna be absolutely bricking it.

What'd I say? :colonhash:
Well done Liverpool, deserved to go through over the two legs. Good luck for the rest of the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Job done.

Henderson should have buried that first half chance, and we probably should have scored more than one on the night, but I'm thankful we came out of it with the victory having seen United control much of the tempo and match for the first half.

I feared the worst when Martial scored his penalty. I really felt it wasn't going to be our night, and while we rode our luck at times, that moment of magic from Coutinho settled the match and made the second half pretty redundant in truth.

Clyne was found out time and time again by Martial. That dual tonight was so clearly won by the latter. I wonder if their individual battle will be a defining one for both clubs in the years to come - like Torres and Vidic, or Drogba and Carragher used to be.

Martial really impressed, to be honest. But Lovren/Sakho was solid in the heart of our defence, and made up for our shortcomings out wide and in the full-back areas. The latter will get the plaudits, and rightly so, but the pair of them are becoming a right little partnership.

Not many negatives to take from tonight. Three defeats in 15 matches, and we're the last English side in the EL hat. I'm hopeful of an easier draw in the QFs, because I'd love to get to that last four and perhaps beyond that.

Only drawback from tonight's performance that I can really put my finger on is Sturridge's lack of authority, and overall timidness. He was unlucky with that free-kick which struck the bar, but he didn't offer much else besides.

We're now the first English team to eliminate United from European competition, by the way.
That'll do nicely.
I think Sturridge was all right, he needed more through balls to latch onto.

That freekick would've been mint if it went in
Original post by swirly
you'll go through tbh

called it
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Well done Liverpool, deserved to go through over the two legs. Good luck for the rest of the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair play to United for giving it a good go in that first half but that sucker punch from Coutinho ended the tie really especially when it occurred right at the end of the first half. DDG should have done better imo, I was suprised that went in but he has single handedly kept you in the tie so he should be cut some slack.
Almost cried when countinho scored that beautyyy <3

Latest