Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Thank you! Haha I have emailed them already (and not phoned) don't think I'll be applying to Exeter as I'm predicted A*A*A I believe happy but can't apply to Exeter with that tbh. I'm planning on ringing all the uni's I want and just bombarding them with questions lmao they will hate me 😂 just don't want to waste an application as my ukcat is good but it's not safe if you get me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup thats the way to go! People on the leeds phone recognise my voice now lol! And btw something to take into consideration which some people overlook is the interview to offer ratio. For example manchester interviews 900 and gives 590 offers where as newcastle interviews 800 and gives only 325 offers!! If you feel interview is your strength, don't take that into consideration much.
    You doing the BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    Yup thats the way to go! People on the leeds phone recognise my voice now lol! And btw something to take into consideration which some people overlook is the interview to offer ratio. For example manchester interviews 900 and gives 590 offers where as newcastle interviews 800 and gives only 325 offers!! If you feel interview is your strength, don't take that into consideration much.
    You doing the BMAT?
    Thank you for telling me those stats! Well I've never done a medicine interview before so hard to tell however I would say I have good interpersonal skills and work experience so it's all what they think about me 😂 I think every applicant thinks they are decent so I guess I'll find out my fate soon lmao 😂 I think making them know who you are is the best thing though shows you are dedicated to their uni, I'll definitely bug uni's in my post rejection gap year if I needed to 😂 no way I couldn't handle BMAT. I've missed one Chem lesson (today) and already I feel a million miles behind 😂and I have chemistry tomorrow 😭 I'm up so late because this is my first night of freedom because ukcat is done now but I'll regret it tomorrow 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    if i wanted to get into kings, would i have to be predicted AAA??
    You'd have to be predicted AAA if you want to get into any Medical school as far as I know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Haha I have emailed them already (and not phoned) don't think I'll be applying to Exeter as I'm predicted A*A*A I believe happy but can't apply to Exeter with that tbh. I'm planning on ringing all the uni's I want and just bombarding them with questions lmao they will hate me 😂 just don't want to waste an application as my ukcat is good but it's not safe if you get me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tier 2 people were invited to Exeter last year in pretty sure, and I would assume less people have been predicted 3/4A* in Alevel this year because of the new reform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Tier 2 people were invited to Exeter last year in pretty sure, and I would assume less people have been predicted 3/4A* in Alevel this year because of the new reform.
    Lots of people took internal exams so I think if anything A* predictions will go up. It's hard to say though, and I think I'll phone Exeter and hope the guy can tell me lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done much practice this week but will try over the next few days. My test is on Tuesday. I'm grateful for this thread.*

ReputationRep:
    I was just going off of this but thank you! Gonna research them all this weekend anyway!Attachment 582008

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woah where did you get that from!?

I'm going to apply to Manchester with 653.33 and just hope the cut off is lower this year.

ReputationRep:
    So my ukcat is officially done with and I couldn't be more relieved.
    I got
    VR- 590 (lmao)
    QR-780
    AR- 630
    SJT- band 1!!!!!
    Average: 667.
    Thank you so much to everyone on this thread, I am so grateful for all the help and well wishes everyone gave me 😘😋
    Advice:
    VR: don't underestimate this section I ran out of time as questions were honestly so hard, I got quite a few true or false can't tell though but wouldn't say they helped much.
    QR: so much easier than any mock I'd done, some questions were so simple I wondered if it was correct what I was doing but some were still difficult which I just flagged and guessed.
    AR- found this hard as there were lots of partial patterns compared to simple ones, I'd say I got about 45 set A. I was never that good at AR and I had to guess about ten shapes lol.
    Good luck to anyone who still has to take their test! After VR even though it was hard, I calmed down massively as I got so focused in the test It distracted me from how I was feeling. Use the DM section to make notes ready for QR and AR. As you can see I only got a band 1 once in my mocks and in the real exam I finished 8 mins early for SJT as I thought I know I won't get a band 1 but anything above a band 4 is okay (I also knew I would start doubting my answers so I finished early which id advise everyone to do for SJT but I got a band 1 can't believe it!! SJT was alright but there were a lot of passages to read compared to the ones in my mocks.
    These were my mock scores. I hope it helps someone. Attachment 581890

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** I'm so worried for VR :/ how did you do on the medify 40 question limited time practices I keep getting around 25/40 it's killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamin96)
    **** I'm so worried for VR :/ how did you do on the medify 40 question limited time practices I keep getting around 25/40 it's killing me
    I used to get 26/27! Don't let it scare you though just stay focused in the exam and do it so fast! You'll be fine!❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Woah where did you get that from!?

I'm going to apply to Manchester with 653.33 and just hope the cut off is lower this year.
    It's from Medcracker (Facebook page) someone on here told me last year Manchester wanted 662.5 so not sure how accurate it is for cut offs anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's from Medcracker (Facebook page) someone on here told me last year Manchester wanted 662.5 so not sure how accurate it is for cut offs anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm...

I'm still going to risk it, what do I have to lose? (Lol 1 rejection >.<)

Hey btw if you don't mind me asking, what did you get at GCSE and A level?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people took internal exams so I think if anything A* predictions will go up. It's hard to say though, and I think I'll phone Exeter and hope the guy can tell me lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How you mean internal exams? Exams were sat exactly like normal in my school.
    The new reforms are supposed to be harder considering that you have to do them again next year so a-level grades are suspected of dropping. That all i know.
    Can you not try get 3A* predictions anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everone, im looking to apply to Barts, Liverpool, Nottingham and Sheffield. My UKCAT is 673 and band 2. What are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Hey i used medify too, and dont worry about it. Undoubtly i found VR the hardest but keep pushing for it!!

ReputationRep:
    I used to get 26/27! Don't let it scare you though just stay focused in the exam and do it so fast! You'll be fine!❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That made me feel much better then thanks! Also well done on your score you must be proud !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar.22)
    Hey i used medify too, and dont worry about it. Undoubtly i found VR the hardest but keep pushing for it!!
    Thanks man how did you do in the exam? Also what do you reckon would be the best strategy for the exam finish the short passages first and then tackle the long ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man how did you do in the exam? Also what do you reckon would be the best strategy for the exam finish the short passages first and then tackle the long ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The technique i used didnt refer to the length of the passage but the question itself. i used the kaplan book for this advice. If you have a question which asks you stuff like "the statement most likely to be true is.." or the statement which is false is" or even something like "thoughts of the author" then i found these took longer. Questions with keywords are obviously much easier to tackle so my apporach was to do those first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar.22)
    The technique i used didnt refer to the length of the passage but the question itself. i used the kaplan book for this advice. If you have a question which asks you stuff like "the statement most likely to be true is.." or the statement which is false is" or even something like "thoughts of the author" then i found these took longer. Questions with keywords are obviously much easier to tackle so my apporach was to do those first.
    Ooooh I see I'll try that approach then thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an average of 627 and a band 2. Is that good? I'm applying to Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and graduate entry Newcastle. Any advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me whether the verbal reasoning questions are harder in the 600q book than the real thing. my average in this book is about 50 percent whereas on the official UKCAT practice tests I get 70%, mainly because the passages are much shorter.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.