GOATford
ClockEnderAFC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
GOATford
Can't wait for him to do a peak Danny Welbeck and sign for Arsenal in a few years time.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
Can't wait for him to do a peak Danny Welbeck and sign for Arsenal in a few years time.
Rashford is already better than a peak Welbeck
ClockEnderAFC
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Rashford is already better than a peak Welbeck
He'll slowly fade into mediocrity like a certain Mr. F Macheda
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n68-NnZDfLU
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
He'll slowly fade into mediocrity like a certain Mr. F Macheda
Federico Macheda: 5 goals in 36 games (5 years)
Marcus Rashford: 4 goals in 2 days (3 days)

#TheDifference
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Great thread on Redcafe and thought might as well ask the question here as well.

What would van Gaal have to do to win you over? Or do you feel the damage is already done and he should be gone at the end of the season no matter what happens?

Personally I feel like its too little too late. He still has to walk at the end of the season for me but maybe just maybe he could be afforded a final year if we win the Europa League/FA Cup and make the top 4. I think most United fans are also worried by the appointment of Pep for City and hence we're all hoping for Mourinho who arguably could be said to be the best route to instant success (based on his managerial track record).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan. And Kel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's gone 100% in summer regardless of what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan. And Kel)
He's gone 100% in summer regardless of what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But let's say it wasn't a given (feels like the Mourinho to United is the worst kept secret in football atm), what would he have to do to convince you of a third season in charge of United?

Posted from TSR Mobile
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
But let's say it wasn't a given (feels like the Mourinho to United is the worst kept secret in football atm), what would he have to do to convince you of a third season in charge of United?

Posted from TSR Mobile
top 4 and a cup final
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
top 4 and a cup final
So just making a cup final and not winning aka Liverpool style?

Edit: Yeah I'd agree if we won a cup and made top 4. Making top 4 alone is just the bare minimum and even that should not alone be able to save his job. It would mean there has been no progress from last season imo, although at this point top 4 finish would kinda salvage a dire season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So just making a cup final and not winning aka Liverpool style?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually, looking at the FA Cup draw, a final in that wouldn't be good enough as we can definitely win it. But Europa yeah final would be enough, there's some great teams still in it
Kenan. And Kel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly? Europa Leage, FA Cup AND some good league form (top 4's probably a stretch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Actually, looking at the FA Cup draw, a final in that wouldn't be good enough as we can definitely win it. But Europa yeah final would be enough, there's some great teams still in it
Agreed. If we can get past West Ham (feel more confident after we've made it three wins in a row!) then I'd definitely view us as one of the favourites to win it. Chelsea and Arsenal as well as Everton are really strong teams in the FA cup tho. The Europa League is more of a challenge and I personally don't see us making it to semis unless we get a very favourable quarter final draw (obviously considering we knock Liverpool out). However, just getting to a final for me is not good enough. van Gaal can reach a million finals as a United manager but if he isn't winning them then what's the point? I don't think getting to a cup final and not winning it would be enough to persuade me as a fan to see him in charge for a third season imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For LvG to stay, either...

1. Top 3 finish
or
2. Win Europa League
or
3. Finish 4th and win the FA Cup

Only #2 is semi-realistic IMO
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You guys who are saying top 4 is unrealistic realise there's almost a third of the season left, right?
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For van Gaal to keep his job in my opinion a top 4 finish and either get to the final of the Europa League or win the FA Cup.

More importantly though, is the style in which he does so. Yes, the attacking football is important but just as important for me is the young players who have, over the last few weeks, shown they are capable, are still being given playing time even when more senior players are back from injury.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Van Gaal only has over a year left on his contract anyway, so for him to stay would mean there are no better options.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
You guys who are saying top 4 is unrealistic realise there's almost a third of the season left, right?
But we also realise we have LVG in charge and that the teams above us won't drop out of top 4 easily.
Seabear11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
100% he needs a cup win and top 4 at the very least to stay on or to win the fans over.
I guess if he wins europa they could be an argument for him to stay another season.
It's just sad to see him show so much passion now that he's probably gone, where was the passion all season?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (35)
18.04%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.22%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.03%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.58%
No unconditional offers (138)
71.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed