Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    'Leave the single market and negotiate our own trade deals'

Thats about as in depth and detailed it gets from the Brexit camp.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    What I'm saying is that is that the remain campaign must win by at least 10% for it to be a clear victory and then they can say the majority want to stay . If remain wins by around 4-5% its not a mandate to remain and it would cause calls for a second referendum. If more people vote to leave then the government has to begin the process to leave
    In Wales we have a National Assembly voted for with 50.3% in favour and 49.7% against. Fewer than 7000 votes separated the two.

Nobody is claiming the Assembly is illegitimate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Cameron's riled

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The sheer amount of anger by the audience at the eu is laughable. It's as if leaving the EU will solve all their problems.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    As I've told you before the leftist leavers want it to cause a GE to get Cameron out. By catagoricaly ruling it out he's damaged the left leave vote.
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Some Labour leave voters think the story disarray will help a Corbynite Labour Party win a snap election.
    When he's not trusted in the first place, and probably less than average by the left, it's unlikely to be that damaging

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    The sheer amount of anger by the audience at the eu is laughable. It's as if leaving the EU will solve all their problems.
    The amount of support Cameron is getting from the audience is even more laughable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cameron coming out fighting, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    The amount of support Cameron is getting from the audience is even more laughable

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't stand clapping and applauding at these events from both sides.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So Cameron is denying Turkey will not join the EU , Yet he previously said he wanted Turkey to join .... God i hope he is forced to resign when we vote out
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Cam's doing a bit better now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I can't stand clapping and applauding at these events from both sides.
    You must be liking a lot of what Cameron is saying then, because he can't even get his supporters to applaud his points

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You must be liking a lot of what Cameron is saying then, because he can't even get his supporters to applaud his points

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He got completely Mugged off ... You could see he was rattled
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    He got completely Mugged off ... You could see he was rattled
    How red did he go when compared to Chamberlain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thank you to everyone who voted for me in the newbie competition.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    How red did he go when compared to Chamberlain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That guy... I don't even know why he bothered to speak... He just said 'you're wrong' and didn't explain why... The treaty has been deposited with the UN and it states that it comes into force after a remain vote in the referendum so saying that it can be dismissed isn't true at all.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    That guy... I don't even know why he bothered to speak... He just said 'you're wrong' and didn't explain why... The treaty has been deposited with the UN and it states that it comes into force after a remain vote in the referendum so saying that it can be dismissed isn't true at all.
    Ummmm, there is no treaty and the UN has nothing to do with it...

It still needs enacting through the Parliament via legislation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently;659303h72)
    Cam's doing a bit better now.
    He came out fighting and passionate which I liked.
    The reality though is that he's dealing with a bunch of people who've simply decided that the EU and immigration are worse than Hitler and they refuse to engage in actual logic and evidence.

Its like dealing with religious fundamentalists. You can show them as much evidence as required to disprove their point and they just turn round and go 'screw logic and evidence, I believe...'

It's the same here. There's an awful lot of people who for some reason feel that every problem in their life will be solved by Brexit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think this could come down to a few thousand votes either way.

I also wonder/hope if there may be such thing as a 'shy remain voter'.
    I definitely think there is such a thing as a shy Remain voter.
    The shy remain voters are the DK vote in all likelyhood. I still think Leave wins unless they break for Remain by a huge margin like 3 to 1 or bigger.

Some Labour leave voters think the story disarray will help a Corbynite Labour Party win a snap election.
    I think there's a chance if they define winning as leading a government but it will be a record breathtakingly low vote share.

That said polling is actually keeping the Tories a few points ahead even with the fighting.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He came out fighting and passionate which I liked.
    The reality though is that he's dealing with a bunch of people who've simply decided that the EU and immigration are worse than Hitler and they refuse to engage in actual logic and evidence.

Its like dealing with religious fundamentalists. You can show them as much evidence as required to disprove their point and they just turn round and go 'screw logic and evidence, I believe...'

It's the same here. There's an awful lot of people who for some reason feel that every problem in their life will be solved by Brexit.
    So are you saying that the BBC lied about the audience make up? As said before, there really is something wrong with what's being said if he couldn't even get applause for what he's saying, even when he did kinda stay vaguely on topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The shy remain voters are the DK vote in all likelyhood. I still think Leave wins unless they break for Remain by a huge margin like 3 to 1 or bigger.

I think there's a chance if they define winning as leading a government but it will be a record breathtakingly low vote share.

That said polling is actually keeping the Tories a few points ahead even with the fighting.
    If/when Boris takes over as PM, I feel like there will be an awful lot of unhappy soft Tories/ labour-Tory swing voters. If labour get a centrist leader they could really capitalise.

Cameron at the last GE had the swing voters in the palm of his hand, Boris johnson I'm not so sure, he's far more divisive.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.