Report 8 years ago
Now 4pm. This is great :awesome:
mrdooley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Capello...picks people on form.

So takes SWP who can't get in Man City's team, because of Johnson.
Carrick, who's been crap this season. Ahead of Parker (carried West Ham) and Huddlestone (helped Spurs reach CL for first time).
Heskey ahead of Bent. Even Defoe ahead of Bent, despite Bent scoring more.

I don't know what to say if Upson goes too....
milan5baros
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I agree with the Walcott decision. Would of like to have seen Adam Johnson in there though.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
I don't see a problem with calling the players individually rather than doing one presentation
Because then it ends up more like Britain's Got X Factor Idol and plays up to the news media, who are Loose Men.

We have enough gossip and pointless exaggeration of importance to do with England as it is.
goatshed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So glad SWP is in, should be quality
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
Lennon is there, no Walcott needed.
:yep:

Unlucky Theo. May your hattrick against Croatia forever be remembered.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mrdooley)
Capello...picks people on form.

So takes SWP who can't get in Man City's team, because of Johnson.
Carrick, who's been crap this season. Ahead of Parker (carried West Ham) and Huddlestone (helped Spurs reach CL for first time).
Heskey ahead of Bent. Even Defoe ahead of Bent, despite Bent scoring more.

I don't know what to say if Upson goes too....
Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that. I respect Capello for saying he'd pick people based on form, however I can understand why he'd go with Carrick over, say, Huddlestone or Parker.

I read at one point that Dawson would go instead of King, which I had been calling for weeks even though I'm quite an admirer of King these days. SWP should've always been in contention, I'm glad he's going ahead of Theo. Of course, this is all unconfirmed but whatever.
voodoomagic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rockrunride)
:yep:

Unlucky Theo. May your hattrick against Croatia forever be remembered.
The fact that it is is part of the problem.
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know. Which is why I feel slightly bad.
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BBC)
1600: Breaking news: The seven England players to miss out on a World Cup place are: Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Darren Bent.
Hmmm.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Darren Bent. Miss out.
Tucking Fypo
Report 8 years ago
Love the fact that SWP, Warnock and Carrick are in. :manutd:
rockrunride
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sorry Hammers, but Upson is turd compared to Dawson. Too little, too late maybe..?
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When are the squad numbers announced?
Mr Mime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Still can't quite believe how SWP has got in ahead of both Walcott and Johnson.
CapsLocke
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
he's an idiot for picking, Defoe, Crouch, Hesky ahead of Bent...
goatshed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ENGLAND'S 2010 WORLD CUP SQUAD:
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.
Defenders: Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock
Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Forwards: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney

1600: Breaking news: The seven England players to miss out on a World Cup place are: Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Darren Bent.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd love it if England get to the semis with Heskey starting every game and not scoring a single goal. If that doesn't shut you morons up nothing will :coma:
Tucking Fypo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
I'd love it if England get to the semis with Heskey starting every game and not scoring a single goal. If that doesn't shut you morons up nothing will :coma:
Yeah. According to some guy on the Live Text:

"Rooney's last 10 England games with Heskey - 9 goals. Rooney's last 10 England games without Heskey - 2 goals."
M_E_X
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
"Rooney's last 10 England games with Heskey - 9 goals. Rooney's last 10 England games without Heskey - 2 goals."
I see that stat all the time, but it really doesn't mean very much. I haven't looked up who those 20 games were against, or what other factors meant that Rooney scored a lot more in some than the others, but I very much doubt that it was much to do with Emile

If it was, the stat would read something like "Emily Heskey 8 assists for Rooney in 10 games", which might actually be decent...as it is, people are basically using coincidence to justify his spot.

I mean it could well have rained on those 10 games Rooney scored in, and was dry in the 10 he didn't. Does that mean we should be praying for rain in SA?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (40)
28.17%
No - I got the required grades (84)
59.15%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads