view next
jam278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like the colour pink.

Madrid are funny though.

Anyway when do you think that Madrid will start to decline and the PL goes to the rightful place and start dominating Europe again?

I give it 3 years. Alonso, Pepe, Ronaldo, Modric and probably Ramos(as he's pretty reliant on pace) will start to decline and that's going to be it for them. Modric is such a good player though, remember when people were loling when somebody said Modric is better than Fabregas in the prem but it's clearly the case now. Just needed a bedding in season.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not a fan of pink, salmon pink perhaps, but full blown pink is just too try hard.
Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jam278)
He did beast it this season tbf.

That goal vs Atlético was a beast goal man.
The winner the Nou Camp was beautiful!
He is the main man for Chile and gets to play centrally but at Barca he is out wide.

He sometimes lacks confidence in his play and makes some wrong decisions but I think he is brilliant and Barca would be foolish to sell him.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by qua)
Selling Thiago for 25m and buying Koke for 60m one year later would be a contender for the stupidest piece of business Barça have done in recent years, especially because Koke could have been bought for 24m last year. Koke's style is ideal for Atlético but doesn't necessarily fit Barça, and Barça is much too rigid to accommodate other styles. That said, Thiago wouldn't have been ideal in the Xavi role either. Kaptoum, Samper or Óliver Torres seem much more suitable, but of course neither of them is close to being ready and Óliver won't leave Atletico. (Not to forget a fit Gündogan)
The Zlatan deal still sends shivers down my spine...

I agree with you about Koke not fitting that role and I like Samper he looks great. Denis Suarez also looks promising.

Gundogan:ahee:, would be great.

I think Cesc will stay though.
Vae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
The Zlatan deal still sends shivers down my spine...

I agree with you about Koke not fitting that role and I like Samper he looks great. Denis Suarez also looks promising.

Gundogan:ahee:, would be great.

I think Cesc will stay though.

Yeah, Denis Suárez is great too, more of a CAM type though. He'll most likely be promoted and go on loan next season with Halilovic taking his place, which is good, he's becoming too good for the B team.Samper fits the profile perfectly, but for some strange reason Eusebio prefers Illie, who is nowhere near as good. Kaptoum looks promising as well and perhaps a bit better going forward than Samper, whereas Samper provides more defensive stability.

With Rafinha, Suárez, Samper, Halilovic, Kaptoum, Moha etc Barça's midfield should be set for years. If everyone lives up to their potential, that is. In that sense, selling a big name like Cesc might have something good to it, as it will allow players like Rafinha enough time to cement their place, something which Thiago didn't get.

Defence on the other hand... there's Ié, there's Nieto and perhaps Grimaldo and that's it. Don't rate Sergi Gomez and I think he'll end up moving like Muniesa did.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really like Rafinha, cant wait to see him next season.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
2-0 HT Brazil v Panama

Great goals from Neymar and Dani Alves.
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by qua)
Yeah, Denis Suárez is great too, more of a CAM type though. He'll most likely be promoted and go on loan next season with Halilovic taking his place, which is good, he's becoming too good for the B team.Samper fits the profile perfectly, but for some strange reason Eusebio prefers Illie, who is nowhere near as good. Kaptoum looks promising as well and perhaps a bit better going forward than Samper, whereas Samper provides more defensive stability.

With Rafinha, Suárez, Samper, Halilovic, Kaptoum, Moha etc Barça's midfield should be set for years. If everyone lives up to their potential, that is. In that sense, selling a big name like Cesc might have something good to it, as it will allow players like Rafinha enough time to cement their place, something which Thiago didn't get.

Defence on the other hand... there's Ié, there's Nieto and perhaps Grimaldo and that's it. Don't rate Sergi Gomez and I think he'll end up moving like Muniesa did.
Muniesa was doomed from the beginning! He made his debut in the last Liga home game of the season in the treble winning season and got sent off!
TheInvincibles14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jam278)
I like the colour pink.

Madrid are funny though.

Anyway when do you think that Madrid will start to decline and the PL goes to the rightful place and start dominating Europe again?

I give it 3 years. Alonso, Pepe, Ronaldo, Modric and probably Ramos(as he's pretty reliant on pace) will start to decline and that's going to be it for them. Modric is such a good player though, remember when people were loling when somebody said Modric is better than Fabregas in the prem but it's clearly the case now. Just needed a bedding in season.
Madrid won't decline anytime soon. They can just buy players in advance to replace the ones that are going to decline. Illara will replace Alonso for example and Varane will replace Pepe. Bale is obviously capable of reaching close to Ronaldo's level too so they won't even feel the CR7 decline either, anyway I think Ronaldo has the physical attributes to play a midfield role when he loses his pace so that's not a problem either.
jam278
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
Madrid won't decline anytime soon. They can just buy players in advance to replace the ones that are going to decline. Illara will replace Alonso for example and Varane will replace Pepe. Bale is obviously capable of reaching close to Ronaldo's level too so they won't even feel the CR7 decline either, anyway I think Ronaldo has the physical attributes to play a midfield role when he loses his pace so that's not a problem either.
You think Illaramendi will straight up get to that top level. I think he needs at least a season as the main man before he assumes Alonso's role, that will involve a bedding in season.

Bale and Ronaldo yeah there's obviously little transition here.

I don't think Ronaldo has the technique to play in midfield tbh. Maybe up top though, he's got good strength and gets into good positions while his dribbling is WC ofc. But he lacks the close intricate close control of a messi.

Maybe attacking midfield or striker though, can easily see him playing there instead of the wing when he loses his pace. I think it won't be as bad as the Ramon calderon years in terms of decline though.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can see Ronaldo playing as a central winger / second striker as he gets older and loses his pace. Played there a lot this season and it's the position I see him in as he goes into his 30s.
jam278
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Can see Ronaldo playing as a number 10 / second striker as he gets older and loses his pace. Played there a lot this season and it's the position I see him in as he goes into his 30s.
Yeah that's where I think he'll play as well.
Pique_LOL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does nobody see Ronaldo move into a CM role when he loses some of his pace?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Icecream1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pique_LOL)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, imo he lacks the eye for a pass and execution. He relies a lot on pace and tricks to beat his man, which he is bloody good at!
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's a pretty mediocre passer most of the time. I think he also lacks the positional discipline required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester United
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
No, imo he lacks the eye for a pass and execution. He relies a lot on pace and tricks to beat his man, which he is bloody good at!
(Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
He's a pretty mediocre passer most of the time. I think he also lacks the positional discipline required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys are joking right?

Only Ozil, Messi and Ribery have more assists than Ronaldo since like 2009/2010? Ozil only has so many because of Ronaldo.

I think Ronaldo's passing abilities are so underrated.
Pique_LOL
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Manchester United)

Only Ozil, Messi and Ribery have more assists than Ronaldo since like 2009/2010? Ozil only has so many because of Ronaldo.

This is what I was thinking. It just seems it's overlooked in all the trickery and wondergoals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Manchester United
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is what I was thinking. It just seems it's overlooked in all the trickery and wondergoals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's exactly it. The pundits/media don't focus on his passes because his 30 yard screamer/back-heel/free-kick grabs the headlines instead. He actually made a few good passes to set Bale up in the CL final, but nobody noticed.

He can play LM/LW, CM/CAM, RM/RW and ST. He's the complete forward.

The only thing I would be concerned about is the psychological shift. Could he accept that he will have to go games without scoring? We know he likes to be the center of attention, so could he deal with the brand 'play-maker'? For that reason, I don't think he will play CM. I think he will turn into a poacher/target-man in his later years.
Pique_LOL
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah that's exactly it. The pundits/media don't focus on his passes because his 30 yard screamer/back-heel/free-kick grabs the headlines instead. He actually made a few good passes to set Bale up in the CL final, but nobody noticed.

He can play LM/LW, CM/CAM, RM/RW and ST. He's the complete forward.

The only thing I would be concerned about is the psychological shift. Could he accept that he will have to go games without scoring? We know he likes to be the center of attention, so could he deal with the brand 'play-maker'? For that reason, I don't think he will play CM. I think he will turn into a poacher/target-man in his later years.
Definitely. He seems to have matured in that department- in the games against Bayern he would track back and play for the team but yeah as you said he has that air of arrogance that all top players have about him.

Agree that he'll probably be a striker. His heading ability is awesome and his finishing is astonishing tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Most of his assists are of the '5 yard sideways pass' variety. Maybe you should watch the games rather than rely on stats completely out of context.

If you really want stats here are some: Ronaldo's' pass success was a shade under 80 percent over the course of 2013 which is mediocre especially considering his average pass length. He also only provides 1.7 key passes a game which is low considering he has by far the highest usage rate of any European player.

Ronaldo is a mediocre passer but ultimately it doesn't matter considering he plays a position where it is relatively unimportant and he is spectacular in other aspects of the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1582)
79.3%
Leave (413)
20.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise