Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Credit to Northampton. Awesome for them to go up given their struggles financially. Wilder has done a terrific job.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Can I officially check in here now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Awesome strike from John Fleck for Coventry today.
    Twice in a week I have consigned a game to the dustbin and twice there is egg on my face, not that I am complaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Can I officially check in here now
    Saw the Football League have followed Aston Villa on Twitter. Ruthless.

ReputationRep:
    Lewis Cook named young footballer of the year.. How he's taken that over Dembelé I don't know, but he joins the likes of Delph, Bale and Alli. Bright future, hopefully.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Saw the Football League have followed Aston Villa on Twitter. Ruthless.
    Yeah they weren't hanging about
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Andre Gray has been named the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Year at The Football League Awards.

Bradley Dack and Kemar Roofe win the League One and League Two Awards respectively.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of Bradfords chances of promotion ??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So, it's looking like the bottom three in the Championship is nailed on and the bottom two in League Two is assured.

You'd imagine Colchester and Doncaster (despite giving themselves hope against Wigan with that win) will join Crewe in being relegated from League One, with one from Blackpool, Shrewsbury, Oldham and Fleetwood joining them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am off to watch Sheffield Wednesday v MK Dons tonight, meanwhile game of the night is surely Burnley v Middlesbrough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I am off to watch Sheffield Wednesday v MK Dons tonight, meanwhile game of the night is surely Burnley v Middlesbrough.
    Burnley v Middlesbrough, and Burton v Wigan. The Football League is really treating us!

ReputationRep:
    2 wins in a row against two top 6 sides. I almost think this team has a cruel sense of humour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The referee seemed absolutely clueless tonight in the Wednesday game, he sent one of their players off for an off the ball incident but it looked to me like the MK Dons player made a meal of it, mind you the draw did no good for them either as it has pretty much relegated them along with Charlton. Cardiff also lost tonight which helps Wednesday. Dagenham have also crashed out the football league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I just don't see Brighton as a top flight club, same as Bournemouth. Nice story and all, but there's no real history. Can't ever imagine looking at a fixture list and getting excited for Brighton away.
    I've been to about 2/3 of the grounds in the Prem & Championship and I'd say it's definitely one of the best
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The referee seemed absolutely clueless tonight in the Wednesday game, he sent one of their players off for an off the ball incident but it looked to me like the MK Dons player made a meal of it, mind you the draw did no good for them either as it has pretty much relegated them along with Charlton. Cardiff also lost tonight which helps Wednesday. Dagenham have also crashed out the football league.
    I was listening to the match via the MK Dons radio stream and even our commentators said it was clearly not a red card and the ref was poor throughout the game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Charlton and MK Dons will join Bolton in League One, then.

The other end of the table is far more interesting. Two spots between Burnley, Middlesbrough and Brighton. I'd love the latter of the three to go up, but I've been so impressed with Dyche and Karanka. Both of those managers deserve to be in the top flight.

ReputationRep:
    If both Newcastle and Sunderland go down, it's pretty vital that Middlesborough go up IMO. The prem needs at least one north-east club in it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very interested to see whether Bolton will be pulling off a Wigan or a Blackpool next year, as far as I've looked around on the web, it seems as though they have the money to go straight back up but they probably have to offload some players on ludicrous contracts first.

Also, I have a feeling that Wimbledon could well be a League One club by September... I certainly hope they make it!

ReputationRep:
    Any Pompey fans here, or anyone following the league 2 promotion race?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plasmaman)
    Any Pompey fans here, or anyone following the league 2 promotion race?
    Seems like they are stumbling over the finishing line. Almost like they don't want to get a soft 3 points at the Ricoh next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.