Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Podolski isnt a starter, but he's an alternative direct option on the wing for me. We are trying to build a squad here ffs. He's a good option to have esp when we're trailing games. Tired of seeing Cazorla / ozil on the left wing. Too tippy tappy for that position especially the latter.
    I agree also what I like about Podolski is that he's an amazing finisher. If only he was strong or fast he'd solve our striker problems.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got a gif of that atrocious defending from monreal from the everton game against i think it was ****ing coleman. it was so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    It could be argued that we could have won that game though. When Giroud came on, he had 5 chances, converting 1. If we had a more clinical ST in that position, we could have nicked 3 points.

The whole team is playing **** yes, but the whole team is incredibly unbalanced because those players in the positions stated are not up to standard.

That is why we are now having the issue with Jack. His job should just be to attack, but because our DM, whether that be Arteta or Flamini are not dominant enough to allow that, JW is having to do two jobs and getting caught out and getting stick for doing a job he shouldn't be having to do.

As for Ozil on the wing....I will never understand that decision!

The point still remains that in order for this team to win the league we need considerable upgrades on Mikel on Oli. Saying that the likelihood of that is very small sadly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's just you've quoted me 100 times saying we need an upgrade on these positions and I've responded 100 times saying yes I agree :lol:

It's more so that Wenger needs to get the tactics right and stop playing so many play makers on the wing we'd probably of been more potent going forward. I don't know what Wenger tells the back line but there is no reason to push up so high especially when they had the likes of Lukaku but it's the same mistakes we make every big game away. It could also be argued had Merte and Chambers not made that mistake pushing up so high (which wasn't Flamini's fault but the goal shouldn't have been allowed anyway) then we would have won the game 2-1 regardless of all the chances Giroud missed.

Ozil has been piss poor and I know he's probably not match fit but I don't know why he thinks he should be released of all defensive duties. Easily could have tracked his player instead he stood there watching.

Wenger said he wasn't going to be buying a striker like last month anyway so I wasn't hoping for one. I'm still expecting a holding midfielder none the less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    If there isn't a logical discussion, you can start one, you know.

Mate if I was relying on Fifa I would be saying 'Buy Zlatan, Heskey, Ibarbo' etc.

Well you did suggest 40m + Giroud for Zlatan..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Podolski isnt a starter, but he's an alternative direct option on the wing for me. We are trying to build a squad here ffs. He's a good option to have esp when we're trailing games. Tired of seeing Cazorla / ozil on the left wing. Too tippy tappy for that position especially the latter.

I'd much prefer we sold Cazorla instead of Podolski. In terms of ability Cazorla is the better player but we already have Rosicky and Ozil for his role (and Sanchez if he is to play in the center) Podolski offers us a different option unlike Cazorla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    is luk.mckeown banned?
    went through a few pages of looking for
    does he watch ;foofball?

i reckon hes the most aggressive man on this forum
    sturridge has a better left foot than podolski
    still reckon arsenal will do yeah

arsenal will do **** yeah
    Lúcio does not approve of this post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Lúcio does not approve of this post.
    youve said more than 300 luke posts

no bird, no shag tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    youve said more than 300 luke posts

no bird, no shag tho
    Does anybody else understand this or should we just assume Zurich is off his head as usual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Does anybody else understand this or should we just assume Zurich is off his head as usual?
    i reckon between sobriety ive been to highbury more than 9youve shagged, and definitely less than i have

work that one out

ReputationRep:
    Zurich has gone on a bender recently.

Although he's got a point. Not going to par.

ReputationRep:
    do me a favour, someone

419 was just here?

if im going mad then ill go back to my wenger/tapes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    awww jam white-knighting zurich, how cute <3

come on man, you'll make me cry
    i'm sure sr90 wouldn't approve of this, jam pls
    think i'll put you back on ignore until you improve your posting quality...

take this as a perma restraining order from speaking to me on TSR since i doubt that'll happen

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just to interrupt your thrilling debate, Ancelotti stating Khedeira isn't available does not mean too much. With a week left of the transfer window, he's probably looking to drive the price up. Pretty sure he stated something similar quite a while back with regard to Di Maria and now he's getting over €60m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    Just to interrupt your thrilling debate, Ancelotti stating Khedeira isn't available does not mean too much. With a week left of the transfer window, he's probably looking to drive the price up. Pretty sure he stated something similar quite a while back with regard to Di Maria and now he's getting over €60m.

With Di Maria there were reports of him leaving the club through out the season I don't recall it being shut down by Ancelotti. Khedira however most likely won't happen but only time will tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    He probably is driving the price up. Anyway Illarramendi is going to love this as Khedira won't play if he doesn't sign the contract.

I reckon Khedira is Bayern bound in a years time.

(Original post by AR_95)
    With Di Maria there were reports of him leaving the club through out the season I don't recall it being shut down by Ancelotti. Khedira however most likely won't happen but only time will tell
    Ancelotti said ADM was not for sale. Perez said they weren't going to buy a galactico too and they payed 62M for Rodriguez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    lol at you making fun of zurich when ur the second biggest joke of this forum. biggest joke is arkasia. funny enough you both changed your names around the same time. best buds for life aye

**** posts and laughing stocks while being beta ******s you guys have a lot in common.
    It's true tbh :lol:

It does bring down the overall quality massively. It's always really bad banter, that is really cringey to read, and really frequent which is the worst part i think.

zurich's aggressive comments. Is he always on a bender these days :lol:

Arsenal will buy a defensive midfielder imo, and not buy a striker. You will also buy a central defender. That will be it. You can tell he wants to use Walcott/Sanchez in that central position as well as rating Giroud and Sanogo.

ReputationRep:
    He probably is driving the price up. Anyway Illarramendi is going to love this as Khedira won't play if he doesn't sign the contract.

Ancelotti said ADM was not for sale. Perez said they weren't going to buy a galactico too and they payed 62M for Rodriguez.

Fair enough I guess I missed him saying this. Didn't Di maria force a move and Ancelotti was reluctant to sell? I don't know if I've seen anything of Khedira wanting to do the same but as you said above I think the most likely situation is for him to be going to Bayern. Links with him an Arsenal just seem to be paper gossip

ReputationRep:
    lol at you making fun of zurich when ur the second biggest joke of this forum. biggest joke is arkasia. funny enough you both changed your names around the same time. best buds for life aye

**** posts and laughing stocks while being beta ******s you guys have a lot in common.

Zurich will always be the bottom part of the equation. I think Luke is the Queen in that relation****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Could be my memory letting me down, if it happened it was very very early, possibly pre-WC. Totally agree that lately it's been pretty open news that he'll be off.

Illarramendi is such a strange signing. So much money for someone the manager has such little faith in.

With Khedeira gone, that leaves Illarramendi, Alonso, Modric and Kroos for the deep lying positions. That's pretty good depth. I can't see Khedeira going to Bayern for free next year, with the money Madrid love to spend, they have to be making big money when they can and right now Khedeira is a great option for that.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.