• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Clannad has a lot of great piano pieces.

I really like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2yzMhNkgsk
    I like that one. I'd not be able to pull it off well though. I think I'll upload Dango to my yt channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EH2MtnXRoY

Maybe learn this too. Eargasm .

ReputationRep:
    I feel musically inept now:lol:, I want a piano.
    Btw the notes are... hang on, let me translate it into notes
    B6 B4 E4 E4 E6 E6 E8 E4 B4

B6 B4 E4 E4 E6 E6 E8 E8 E4

B6 B4 E4 E4 E6 E6 E4

So that would be...

So substitute:
    B6 = F
    B4 = Eb
    E4 = Ab
    E6 = Bb
    E8 = C
    I think

just seen your other post, I'll look at the piano version and translate it to guitar form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    I like that one. I'd not be able to pull it off well though. I think I'll upload Dango to my yt channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EH2MtnXRoY

Maybe learn this too. Eargasm .
    Roaring Tide is great, post it here if/when you upload it
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Btw the notes are... hang on, let me translate it into notes

B6 B4 E4 E4 E6 E6 E8 E8 E4

B6 B4 E4 E4 E6 E6 E4

So that would be...

So substitute:
    B6 = F
    B4 = Eb
    E4 = Ab
    E6 = Bb
    E8 = C
    I think

just seen your other post, I'll look at the piano version and translate it to guitar form
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=da...ar+tab&spell=1

:smug:

ReputationRep:
    Translating it is more fun
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bude8)
    L'evil sings. We could totally do a cover of something .

sdf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZV7ON5r3y0

Competition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    Lucky, I wish I had more spare time.

A kind offer but I think you would quickly get frustrated at how little I remember. :lol: I've got a book of French stories, I'm going to try and find it to see how much I can understand... probably not much. I think my knowledge of French is better than Spanish but Spanish is more fun.
    Haha nah, I don't think I would. It's not like I'm doing anything to get annoyed at

I agree completely with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    (Original post by keromedic)
    L'evil sings. We could totally do a cover of something .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZV7ON5r3y0

Competition?
    I can play it on this ****ty online keyboard woo, this is my biggest ever musical achievement

ReputationRep:
    I can play it on this ****ty online keyboard woo, this is my biggest ever musical achievement
    You should try and get perfect pitch :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    How does one go about obtaining that then?

ReputationRep:
    How does one go about obtaining that then?
    They say you're born with it, but I think people definitely can train yourself to get it. There are some apps for it - they play one note on the piano and you have to pick the one they played. I've definitely improved at it over time

Maybe start listening to one note every day e.g. middle C, then develop relative pitch (how far apart a note is from one note that you know) then viola, perfect pitch

Or you listen to a lot lot lot of music while looking at the scores for the music

Note: will take a good few years but will blow the pants off pretty much anyone who knows musical notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    They say you're born with it, but I think people definitely can train yourself to get it. There are some apps for it - they play one note on the piano and you have to pick the one they played. I've definitely improved at it over time

Maybe start listening to one note every day e.g. middle C, then develop relative pitch (how far apart a note is from one note that you know) then viola, perfect pitch

Or you listen to a lot lot lot of music while looking at the scores for the music

Note: will take a good few years but will blow the pants off pretty much anyone who knows musical notes
    I need an instrument first then maybe I'll start practising. I might actually have an acoustic guitar in my attic, I'll have a look tomorrow.

'Hearing colours' sounds so cool, I wonder what that's like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Hey did I hear a band forming? Cos I have perfect pitch \o/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Hey did I hear a band forming? Cos I have perfect pitch \o/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Umm kind of we're gonna play Dango Daikazoku :cool: Can you play any instruments? And how good is your perfect pitch? Are you at the point where you can just play something back on an instrument after listening to it? Also, were you born with it or did you develop it?

I need an instrument first then maybe I'll start practising. I might actually have an acoustic guitar in my attic, I'll have a look tomorrow.

'Hearing colours' sounds so cool, I wonder what that's like.
    Or you could look on the internet, there are some videos that just spam one note at you, it'll be damn boring but might be worth it :lol:

I don't think everyone can 'hear' colours though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Umm kind of we're gonna play Dango Daikazoku :cool: Can you play any instruments? And how good is your perfect pitch? Are you at the point where you can just play something back on an instrument after listening to it? Also, were you born with it or did you develop it?

Or you could look on the internet, there are some videos that just spam one note at you, it'll be damn boring but might be worth it :lol:

I know that:lol:, I was just wondering about it because I was watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and during a piano performance one of the characters listening to it was thinking to himself "red, yellow, yellow...".

ReputationRep:
    I know that:lol:, I was just wondering about it because I was watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and during a piano performance one of the characters listening to it was thinking to himself "red, yellow, yellow...".
    My friend was reading a manga about a musician with perfect pitch, and he told me a line from it:
    'Ah, I could hear the distinct sound of the piece of paper in your pocket making an F'

We also have a running joke where we say the note of everything is always an F flat (Fb, which is the same as an E, but to a layman it sounds complicated)
    My friends and I were quizzing our perfect pitch friend and if it's just naming a note, we don't know it's right unless we played it ourselves :lol: but when he plays it back to you / tunes your guitar over Skype with just his ear it's just wtf hax...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Sorry I should have been clear - I sing
    I can hear notes in my head,eg if you said "Sing an E" I should be able to do it.
    If you asked me to sing a song that I knew I'd be able to recall the pitch immediately
    I was always a talented singer, in that I had a good sense of pitch and quite a large range, however I've had lessons/done exams for about 6 years now which has definitely helped my technique a lot
    I dabbled with piano and guitar when I was younger but not anywhere near the standard of my singing
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    My friend was reading a manga about a musician with perfect pitch, and he told me a line from it:
    'Ah, I could hear the distinct sound of the piece of paper in your pocket making an F'

We also have a running joke where we say the note of everything is always an F flat (Fb, which is the same as an E, but to a layman it sounds complicated)
    My friends and I were quizzing our perfect pitch friend and if it's just naming a note, we don't know it's right unless we played it ourselves :lol: but when he plays it back to you / tunes your guitar over Skype with just his ear it's just wtf hax...
    Lol that's ridiculous, was he 'born' with it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

My uncle can do that, it's crazy, I remember my baby brother had the coloured plastic balls (like ones from a ball pit in wacky warehouse or something?) And as he dropped them and they made a noise he'd say which note it was mind blowing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)

I can play something back on a instrument for you but don't have perfect pitch? I could sing you an A and work out other notes from there, but that's just because I've got so used to tuning to a (concert) A :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.