Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Is there something wrong with you mate aha
    Yup there's something seriously wrong with me for wanting to get GCSEs over and done with! YEP LOL!!!!!! TOTES CRAY CRAY!!! RADICAL

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's revision methods for
    1) history
    2) geography
    3) English lit (poems and text)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For geography my revision guide is called My Revision Notes (Edexcel B Geography) and I take notes in a separate note pad. Memorizing examples and case studies will get you way more marks alone. Examples will get you the high A/A*! Memorize processes like LSD and formation of a spit, and just take a tonne of notes. The exams (human and physical- people and the planet, dynamic planet) have different content, so the night before the exam just refresh your mind with everything in that unit. I'm so glad they're in different exams! REMEMBER EXAMPLES

Watch Mr Bruff on youtube for english lit I guess
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Attempting to finish a stupid amount of work in a weekend. I know it isn't going to go well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Attempting to finish a stupid amount of work in a weekend. I know it isn't going to go well.
    Yeah, I know that feeling...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    I'm ok with Chen atm as I can picture what's happening but with physics you can't really see the forces and the waves so i just mix them all up-.- is there anything in particular that you struggle with in Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Haber Process and just remembering how to do certain calculations like Titrations!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    I should be able to get that, thankyou! And that's really good well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    What Books are you doing? I'm doing the crucible and of mice and men

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing the crucible and omam too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by negatron)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh so how are you revising for both? I need to read crucible again because I have forgotten everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Ahh so how are you revising for both? I need to read crucible again because I have forgotten everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher said to just really know the play so reading it over and over again and then I've read over the themes for it and I've wrote down where in the play I can find each character

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks left dudes and dudettes )

Okay quick question.

Does anyone have exam technique/exam structure for OF MICE AND MEN? My exam board is AQA and we're doing English Literature B i think? This is the only thing that I need, I have everything else and its really important. If anyone has a way to structure it, reply below/message me because this is urgent. Thanks & good luck to you guys for your revision

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by SSAA9)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to butt in, but how do you find the Crucible? It was the other text we could have studied, but we went with a different one in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly cannot revise geography, I got the revision book and everything but still have no clue

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    Sorry to butt in, but how do you find the Crucible? It was the other text we could have studied, but we went with a different one in the end.
    I personally don't like it, I prefer omam because it's easier to understand plus we haven't done much on it, what book did u read instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said to just really know the play so reading it over and over again and then I've read over the themes for it and I've wrote down where in the play I can find each character

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay thanks, I need to read them! I might make a poster on each character if I have time, I need to do a lot of work on crucible because I don't remember much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    I honestly cannot revise geography, I got the revision book and everything but still have no clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have only done the restless earth unit so far, I made small posters for each case study. Are you finding it difficult because you don't understand it or is it difficult because you have to learn all the case studies and remember all the facts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    I have only done the restless earth unit so far, I made small posters for each case study. Are you finding it difficult because you don't understand it or is it difficult because you have to learn all the case studies and remember all the facts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg you scare it's like I was reading a post about myself hahaha. I've done exact same as you I'll start people and the planet next week. Then I'll focus on the first exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What grades are everyone aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What grades are everyone aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Predicted 3 As 7 As 1 B I want 5 A*s and 5 As (I've already got the B unfortunately )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irfan_blue)
    Predicted 3 As 7 As 1 B I want 5 A*s and 5 As (I've already got the B unfortunately )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Assuming you mean 3A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you mean 3A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, sorry ***

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.