Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Well now I feel old :sad:
    Technically I was 11 actually

Interestingly enough I've never really had my "favourite" player play for United other than, of course, our Portuguese legend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Nah I get you man, everything the guy did was distinctive..

The way he dribbled, shot, conducted himself both on and off the pitch was amazing

My all time favourite <3
    i'm sorry, i can't reply to this right now.
    don't feel like i can currently say anything positive...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    He wasn't this bad last season, maybe the over realiance on him caused him to get injured more often? (eg Rodgers training him harder than usual to get him fit asap for matches)
    This is definitely a factor. We have the same problem with our defenders.

(Original post by IceJJFish(II))

Interestingly enough I've never really had my "favourite" player play for United other than, of course, our Portuguese legend.
    Guessing you were too young for Beckham?

Every boy wanted to be Beckham or Owen.

ReputationRep:
    Only small positive from this night is Lallana's quality assist for England, hopefully he can produce more quality moments like that for Liverpool, we badly need it now.

ReputationRep:
    kinda feel like this ironically sums it all up...

https://vine.co/v/MEAgHxMPb9I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    This is definitely a factor. We have the same problem with our defenders.

Who the **** wanted to be Owen tbh? One of the most unlikeable men in football, and always has been.

For Liverpool fans I think Fowler was the authentic scouse legend.Maybe Danny Murphy is you had self confidence issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

I was yeah. Remember glimpses of 2002 World Cup and the worthington cup final we lost 2-0 (2002/2003?), but my first United memory that sticks with me was Leeds United winning at Highbury to gift us the title I really wish I was the previous generation, missed out on so many of our legends, especially Beckham and Cantona :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    And Henderson has a minor Hamstring injury according to Hodgson.

Also earlier today Mirror reported that we offered Johnson a 2-year contract worth half of his current salary.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Who the **** wanted to be Owen tbh? One of the most unlikeable men in football, and always has been.

For Liverpool fans I think Fowler was the authentic scouse legend.Maybe Danny Murphy is you had self confidence issues.
    Yeh he's largely hated now, but kids in the late 90's loved him.

I was yeah. Remember glimpses of 2002 World Cup and the worthington cup final we lost 2-0 (2002/2003?), but my first United memory that sticks with me was Leeds United winning at Highbury to gift us the title I really wish I was the previous generation, missed out on so many of our legends, especially Beckham and Cantona :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only got into football the summer King Eric retired. Gutted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Ouch. Why did he retire at 30, injury problems or did he just have enough? Such a cool guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By saying Portuguese legend are you referring to Bebe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

(Original post by sr90)
    Yeh he's largely hated now, but kids in the late 90's loved him.

I still remember Hero to Zero, I think it was called where Michael Owen gave advice to a child. He was pretty popular around then in the late 90's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I still remember Hero to Zero, I think it was called where Michael Owen gave advice to a child. He was pretty popular around then in the late 90's.
    Probably for Liverpool fans living all around the country, but I always thought that for the match going scousers Owen was always seen as a bit of an outsider and nowhere near as much as a hero as Fowler?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Was that the ''skills and goals'' video he did? Faintly remember him doing a video like that in the late 90's. There was a kid who could only have been about 12 years old in a full sized goal, Owen kept putting the ball past the poor lad into the back of the net and it looked like he was actually getting joy out of it, celebrating and laughing etc. Absolute ****.

Edit: Found it on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i'm sorry, i can't reply to this right now.
    don't feel like i can currently say anything positive...
    Sturridge? I know how you feel man.

Arsenal fan here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    And Henderson has a minor Hamstring injury according to Hodgson.

Also earlier today Mirror reported that we offered Johnson a 2-year contract worth half of his current salary.
    Oh god, surely it can't get any worst than that X(
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    Oh god, surely it can't get any worst than that X(
    I heard Balotelli is fit to play this weekend if that makes you feel any better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I heard Balotelli is fit to play this weekend if that makes you feel any better
    Naa I knew that, he may still be a doubt though. Still, been a **** night so far.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Was that the ''skills and goals'' video he did? Faintly remember him doing a video like that in the late 90's. There was a kid who could only have been about 12 years old in a full sized goal, Owen kept putting the ball past the poor lad into the back of the net and it looked like he was actually getting joy out of it, celebrating and laughing etc. Absolute ****.

Edit: Found it on youtube.

Man, this brings back memories. Remember that Zero to Hero TV show he did, too? He was a talking poster.

ReputationRep:
    That's what you get for signing injury prone players. Coutinho will be out soon for a while.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.