Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think Sturridge was all right, he needed more through balls to latch onto.

That freekick would've been mint if it went in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    you'll go through tbh
    called it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Well done Liverpool, deserved to go through over the two legs. Good luck for the rest of the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair play to United for giving it a good go in that first half but that sucker punch from Coutinho ended the tie really especially when it occurred right at the end of the first half. DDG should have done better imo, I was suprised that went in but he has single handedly kept you in the tie so he should be cut some slack.

ReputationRep:
    Almost cried when countinho scored that beautyyy <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    What'd I say?
    ***** we didn't score the first goal

ReputationRep:
    MOTM goes to Sakho, imo. So solid at the back.

ReputationRep:
    Overall I have a mixed reaction to the performance tonight. I think we were more lucky that United couldn't score and their manager is useless. We could've been 3-0 down at HT, but we weren't and we had more than enough chances in the 2nd have to make up for it.

Mignolet - 7: for all the half chances United had, he only had to make one significant save, and a good one at that.

Milner - 7: got forward well at times and really helpful to see him be able to fill in at LB, but was largely anonymous.

Sakho - 10: MOTM. The best game I've ever seen him play. Absolute domination; he was everywhere making tackles or clearing from crosses. Beautiful.

Lovren - 9: for all the plaudits Sakho will get, Lovren was amazing too. What a partnership we have on our hands here. The key is consistency for this man.

Clyne - 5: our worst player which was unexpected. He's had a very solid season for us but Martial absolutely destroyed him. He did make a few key tackles in the first half so his rating isn't too low.

Henderson - 6: a pretty average Henderson performance. Pretty anonymous and missed a big chance.

Can - 9: Outstanding performance. In the first half he was making tackles all over the place and in the second half he was surging forward. He has been inconsistent at times but tonight he was wonderful.

Firmino - 7: He didn't really get involved as much as I expected. Not much to say about him tonight tbh.

Lallana - 7: Similar to Firmino. Was nice to have him going forward and his trickery at times is lovely to get out of close quarters, but overall he didn't do anything too significant.

Coutinho - 8.5: Great performance and a world class goal. The moment of magic pretty much killed the tie. Got in to some great positions and had a few big chances. The only reason he didn't get a 9 is because his finishing of said chances was pretty poor.

Sturridge - 5: underwhelming and it's becoming way too common. I feel like had Origi been on from the start, we would've won the match. Messed up several good potential opportunities and he's really struggling at the moment.

Allen - 7: didn't have much time but Allen is such a calming influence. Whenever he's on the ball you know everything is gonna be alright.

Origi - 7: wasn't on for long but looked full of energy and pace. I love that Klopp believes in him.

Benteke - 6: nothing good, nothing bad. Nothing at all really.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of players like Clyne and Sturridge didn't have the best of games. I thought Lallana wasn't involved enough in the game? Although I didn't watch as closely as I would have liked.

Tbh I thought Klopp was a little at fault with the tactics. Too often Man Utd put the ball into the middle around the D from wide positions which is exactly where I expect Lucas to clear up but instead there was a big gap. Not sure this was the right game to go with only 2 in the middle.

Sparta Prague
    Liverpool
    Borussia Dortmund
    Braga
    Athletic Bilbao
    Sevilla
    Villarreal
    Shakhtar Donetsk

ReputationRep:
    When is the draw?

ReputationRep:
    Who do we all want?

I would like Dortmund, but I also want us to progress further, I'd be happy with Bilbao or Sparta Prague.

Thankfully the one I was dreading (Fenerbahce) is now out.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1458254738.586815.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  91.1 KB

Really isn't what you want to see.
    Rival fans or not, that's disgraceful behaviour and we can only hope the club don't get penalised significantly as a result of a small group of idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1458254738.586815.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  91.1 KB

Really isn't what you want to see.
    Rival fans or not, that's disgraceful behaviour and we can only hope the club don't get penalised significantly as a result of a small group of idiots.
    Well that's any moral high ground gone :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 Difeo says they were robbed

ReputationRep:
    When is the draw?
    I think it's tomorrow around lunch time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think it's tomorrow around lunch time.
    We could beat any team there besides Sevilla and Dortmund.
    I wouldn't mind playing Dortmund but honestly I'd rather see us get to the semis.

Dortmund vs Sevilla would be ideal and meeting one of them in the final (if we get there) would be awesome.
    I don't realistically see us getting past the semis but I guess it depends who we draw really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Henderson reportedly vomiting at half-time, which may go some way to explaining why he was off the pace compared with last week's great captain's performance.

Lallana was quiet, for sure, as was Firmino.

As if tonight was Coutinho's first ever European goal.

ReputationRep:
    When is the draw?
    Tomorrow at 12pm, immediately after the CL draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Well done Liverpool, deserved to go through over the two legs. Good luck for the rest of the competition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    u repwhore

ReputationRep:
    seriously getting jealous of you guys having klopp.

Such a good appointment, and as long as your club don't mess up the transfers to much, I cant see how he wont be a success with you.

No shame in him not winning anything this year, given the situation he came into, but the fight he is showing at the moment, especially in big games, should give all of you a lot of confidence for next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    u repwhore
    At least he knows how to be gracious in defeat

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.