CTAM: Count to a million and be the first forum to do it (Part 10)

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Awesome! I was thinking of studying Chemistry at University as well, but in the end I went for Electronic Engineering because I liked the course and I didn't get the required grades for Chemistry or Physics... Thankfully, all is well for me now and I had 3 years which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Ooh, are you possibly going to apply to Cambridge Uni in the future? Or is it just an open day to see what you think about the course/content?

I know - he is crazy though :yep:

I'm searching for things to do with what I've been studying, so in electronic engineering Nope, no disassembling acer laptops - though that will eventually happen :yep:

oh cool I'm leaning more towards oxford, this is to confirm that and its an open day for physics
    haha
    ttyl i gtg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    oh cool I'm leaning more towards oxford, this is to confirm that and its an open day for physics
    haha
    ttyl i gtg
    Awesome, that sounds good! In which case, let us know how it goes because then you'll be able to know whether you want to do physics or chemistry!
    Also, if you are going to go to Oxford, make sure you get nice high grades at A Level My grades were far too low to apply for universities such as Oxford, Cambridge etc

Btw, can we please have an edit? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Ooh cool!

Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might also get some computer stuff done today as well - after all, the weather is crap outside and we were going to go out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodRedVHS)
    Integrated NVIDIA graphics.

Hmmm.... I'm hoping it's not a new motherboard that the machine will need...

Anyway, even if it was, it'd still be good disassembly practise, because of course, I need to remove the motherboard on the Acer Aspire 5742 to get to the fan.

Why did Acer make a whole series of laptops that were prone to overheating; that's the main question!

ReputationRep:
    I might also get some computer stuff done today as well - after all, the weather is crap outside and we were going to go out

Cool yeah, that is true; the weather is pretty awful at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.... I'm hoping it's not a new motherboard that the machine will need...

Anyway, even if it was, it'd still be good disassembly practise, because of course, I need to remove the motherboard on the Acer Aspire 5742 to get to the fan.

Why did Acer make a whole series of laptops that were prone to overheating; that's the main question!

I think it is a conspiracy so that they can make money from sales of replacement laptops.......... :ninja:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.