Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me or can draw a likely conclusion from it.... Basically I applied to LSE for Accounting and Fincance for 2009 entry but then decided to take a gap year. I emailed to tell them of my plans in December but the date of entry remained for 2009 on UCAS. However, today this changed and it has been updated to 2010 entry..... but no rejection or offer! Anyone know whether this is good or bad? (And I've received no gathered-pile email that people have been referring to either.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chooklet)
    I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me or can draw a likely conclusion from it.... Basically I applied to LSE for Accounting and Fincance for 2009 entry but then decided to take a gap year. I emailed to tell them of my plans in December but the date of entry remained for 2009 on UCAS. However, today this changed and it has been updated to 2010 entry..... but no rejection or offer! Anyone know whether this is good or bad? (And I've received no gathered-pile email that people have been referring to either.)
    I think everyone on this thread would concur that not hearing from them yet is neither good (you still haven't got your offer yet) nor bad (you still have a chance of getting an offer). Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar09)
    I DID say i'd see you guys on the 26th for rejections! I dunno who fooled everyone into thinking today would be rejections day!

Beefeater, your statistics make me laugh! They make no mathematical sense whatsoever! :p: But i applaud you for trying.

Tomoli, wow, the amount of posts on this thread about trying to get on the list, is so funny. Of the many, many posts, this is my personal favourite.

Now that you are on the list, is your lifes purpose fulfilled? knowing 100's of people who don't know you at all, who don't even know your real name, know you have an offer? Whatever floats your boat!:p:

See you all on Monday.
    Thanks for putting my name back up. Stop being a hypocrite - you STARTED the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)
    its rare to get offers from both but both unis do talk to each other.
    But it's just speculation...I've not seen any hard evidence.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that its quite unlikely that the two universities talk to each other, think about the hundreds of applicants they have, they are not going to waste their time comparing huge lists of applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theworm)
    Yeah I applied to maths & econ on 12th Nov and only recieved a ack email, bu the gave out some offers last week to people who applied to the course late sept early oct so I don't think we'll hear for a few weeks.
    i never got an ack email or letter :| ...not heard from them since i applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    i never got an ack email or letter :| ...not heard from them since i applied

I wouldn't read anything into that I know people who applied last year some didn't hear anything and they got an offer others got and ack email and gather pile and go rejected. It doesn't mean anything. I think as we applied in November we probably won't hear until mid to late Feb maybe even later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mariachi)
    And how is this a fact? I got an offer from both.
    me too

ReputationRep:
    Well we know the percentage is going to get higher as the week goes on now until March 31 where all decisions have to be made. Because its quite late now I took 60% as the base percentage and divided the remaining 40% by how many weeks are left (9) giving an increase of 4.4444 % each week.
    I like your style I really do - Spin Doctor maybe?

but the total flaw is in the line: "I took 60% as the base percentage"

Let's be honest that's just a random number really! it might sound possible but it could be anything between 10% and 90%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user_01332)

Let's be honest that's just a random number really! it might sound possible but it could be anything between 10% and 90%.
    No point trying to assign any kind of percentage really. You're making a massive assumption that the LSE decisions are in some way rational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    What are your grades like? I'm applying to the same course, sent 10th October. I have predicted 43, 777 in HL, and I have 5A*, 2A and a B in IGCSEs
    no news yet either.
    9A*'s 2A's
    AAAA predicted in maths, Further maths, physics and chemistry.

competition is so high for LSE! everyone has amazing grades!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true I suggest everybody who applied at LSE has good grades! And this is why your Personal Statement is so important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user_01332)

Yea I gotta admit it is pretty random lol. But it had to be a percentage higher than 50 just because at this late stage, LSE should start replying. An I thought 60 sounded about right lol.

ReputationRep:
    no decision. revision time.

ReputationRep:
    its rare to get offers from both but both unis do talk to each other.
    im sorry but that speculation is rubbish!!!5 people from my college got offers last year from LSE and all 5 also got an offer from UCL!

ReputationRep:
    I have no news too. any international students have any offers?

I guess everybody has given up trying to predict LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarleta)
    Yeah that's true I suggest everybody who applied at LSE has good grades! And this is why your Personal Statement is so important.
    This is where I find the whole process confusing; there's people with great GCSE and AS results on here with predicted straight A's at A level.

At the same time, there's me with rubbish GCSEs, ACCC at AS, predicted AAB at A level and a god awful reference from my tutor and I still haven't been rejected with an early December application. To me this either highlights the importance of a strong personal statement, or says that my application has fallen down the back of the admissions tutor's desk.

Either way, does anyone find it odd and is anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Gov & Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plainnash)
    This is where I find the whole process confusing; there's people with great GCSE and AS results on here with predicted straight A's at A level.

At the same time, there's me with rubbish GCSEs, ACCC at AS, predicted AAB at A level and a god awful reference from my tutor and I still haven't been rejected with an early December application. To me this either highlights the importance of a strong personal statement, or says that my application has fallen down the back of the admissions tutor's desk.

Either way, does anyone find it odd and is anyone else in the same boat?
    I hope this wont come back and bite you mate, because a working month isn't really a long consideration time by LSEs standarts.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.