Sodemy/Homosexuality - natural or not Watch

Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Turin Turambar)
you're making a false dichotomy. Just because something is innate that does not mean it is compelled to be so.

The innate quality of a thing can be prevented by an external force.
what the hell are you both talking about?
Kreuzuerk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you're making a false dichotomy. Just because something is innate that does not mean it is compelled to be so.

The innate quality of a thing can be prevented by an external force.
What evidence do you have that it is even innate then? At best, you have mere speculation. Choosing to have children is a choice.

Do carry on entertaining us though.
Turin Turambar
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
What evidence do you have that it is even innate then? At best, you have mere speculation. Choosing to have children is a choice.

Do carry on entertaining us though.
Well it is observable in all creatures. All organisms exist to perpetuate their species. ****, how do we know the sun is round? Because we have observed it.

Choosing to have children is a choice....a choice that satisfies an inherent biological desire.
Turin Turambar
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
what the hell are you both talking about?
hehe, my argument is that humans are naturally bisexual and that it is conditioning which makes us mono-sexual.

The others are arguing that I am wrong.

The reason they are arguing against this is because it threatens their vain and cliche perceptions.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well it is observable in all creatures. All organisms exist to perpetuate their species. ****, how do we know the sun is round? Because we have observed it.

Choosing to have children is a choice....a choice that satisfies an inherent biological desire.
Bloody hell, you're going in circles. When then, do some humans chose not to satisfy their 'inherent biological desire'? Many humans who are in a position to be able to afford to raise children simply have no wish to do so, and therefore according to you they are acting against their 'inherent biological desire'.
Dnator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tropical-twist3)
You'd change your mind if you have a bumgasm.
:lol:

Have you?
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hehe, my argument is that humans are naturally bisexual and that it is conditioning which makes us mono-sexual.

The reason they are arguing against this is because it threatens their vain and cliche perceptions.
No, you've been effectively arguing that it is unnatural for humans to deny their innate desire to have children. I am claiming that there is no such innate desire but rather that people have children because of their circumstances and because they want to have the enjoyment of raising children/have unprotected and unplanned sex.

I have no vain and cliche perceptions, you however do in suggesting that it is an innate desire for all humans to reproduce and extend their gene line. Having children is a choice not part of some megalomaniac plan for world domination through producing offspring.
Turin Turambar
Report 8 years ago
No, you've been effectively arguing that it is unnatural for humans to deny their innate desire to have children. I am claiming that there is no such innate desire but rather that people have children because of their circumstances and because they want to have the enjoyment of raising children/have unprotected and unplanned sex.

I have no vain and cliche perceptions, you however do in suggesting that it is an innate desire for all humans to reproduce and extend their gene line. Having children is a choice not part of some megalomaniac plan for world domination through producing offspring.

Omg stfu now you moron.

Humans have an innate need to reproduce. Ask a scientist.

Just because some do not it doen't mean that the desire isn't there, just that it is not being fulfilled. How hard is it for you to understand this?

Nature demands that we reproduce you idiot! It is a law of nature!! If you don't reproduce then fine, the world will be better off without your genes anyway, but you must realize that ALL ORGANISMS have an inherent desire to reproduce!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I'm done with you troll.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Omg stfu now you moron.

Humans have an innate need to reproduce. Ask a scientist.

Just because some do not it doen't mean that the desire isn't there, just that it is not being fulfilled. How hard is it for you to understand this?

Nature demands that we reproduce you idiot! It is a law of nature!! If you don't reproduce then fine, the world will be better off without your genes anyway, but you must realize that ALL ORGANISMS have an inherent desire to reproduce!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I'm done with you troll.
Again, if all organisms have an inherent desire to reproduce, why then do some organisms who are capable of producing chose not to do so? You are merely speculating as opposed to providing evidence to back up this innate desire claim. Nature demands nothing at all of us: all that is certain is birth and death - what we do with the time in between is purely up to the individual.

If you have a substantiated argument as to this innate desire, make it or otherwise don't bother posting anymore mere conjecture. As an aside, I also suggest you look up what the law of nature actually is.
DMV
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I believe that Hoosexuality is Genetic in one form or another.

Yes, we can be compared to animals, some of the most amazing theories in human Psychology have been supported by Anmal observations and research.
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago

I totally agree. I genuinely think we are all bisexual.

Unfortunately, I can't be arsed today to debate with people on the internet. But since you have been debating that, I'll give ya some rep
Zeento
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jelkin)
That's a terrible argument, because I didn't say anything about it being moral because animals do it. I said it was natural.
So animals do things which are natural to us like that? think about what you're saying.
ocelotrevs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If someone asks for your honest opinion, and then they decide to stop speaking to you because they didn't like what they heard that's there problem really.
howdypartner21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Moreover, how do you explain homosexuality in animals?

Right, the above argument has been debunked like 100 times on this thread, check back if you dont believe me.

But I will answer it again:

Pigs engage in sexual intercourses with their own mothers, sisters and brothers... and they are incredibly disgusting animails (ie, they eat their own animal waste and anything else put their way).

By your logic, because animals do it, its normal and natural and acceptable is wrong. Unless of course you are prepared to do the above, which would at least make you consistent with your 'logic'.

Humans are the most intelligent of specices, although similar to animals, we cannot be compared to them.

The argument that because animals are gay its natural, is NOT an argument.
howdypartner21
Rep:
?
(Original post by ocelotrevs)
If someone asks for your honest opinion, and then they decide to stop speaking to you because they didn't like what they heard that's there problem really.
Thank you.
howdypartner21
Rep:
?
(Original post by qasman)
My religion forbids homosexuality and i completely support that but im not going to judge gay people or discriminate against them, but i do think it's wrong. don't give me "ooh they're born that way" im just giving my opinion like everyone else, calm down.
Im doing the same, turns out though you cannot say you dont agree with sodomy because that means your a homophobic lol.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by howdypartner21)

Right, the above argument has been debunked like 100 times on this thread, check back if you dont believe me.

But I will answer it again:

Pigs engage in sexual intercourses with their own mothers, sisters and brothers... and they are incredibly disgusting animails (ie, they eat their own animal waste and anything else put their way).

By your logic, because animals do it, its normal and natural and acceptable is wrong. Unless of course you are prepared to do the above, which would at least make you consistent with your 'logic'.

Humans are the most intelligent of specices, although similar to animals, we cannot be compared to them.

The argument that because animals are gay its natural, is NOT an argument.
None of my points were centered upon homosexual practices being identified in animals, however I simply was responding to another user who suggested that such acts did not take place in animals and moreover that the question of whether something is 'natural' or not is utterly irrelevant. Everything is 'natural' as it is a by-product of this universe, the appropriate question however is whether something is 'good' and clearly, homosexuality concerns no one other than the consenting adults in question and thus, if it is something that is personally good for them to do, then our opinion as to what they should do is utterly irrelevant as it does not concern us.
howdypartner21
Rep:
?
(Original post by tlr1)
95 percent agee with u m8 n good for u for speaking ur mind..

the other 5 percent is u saying ur complelty happy with what they are doing when how can u be if u think waht they are doing is wrong..dnt try n please every1 m8 the majority of the ppl in this world think like u and i and youll only find it in these so called big western countries where its seen as acceptable behaviour when its soo not.

btw when ppl talk about unnatural acts like drivin a car n modern medicines , well its easy to put that argument down as modern medicines n driving a car succeed in their function and purpose to save lives and for transport, whilst gay sex will NEVER reproduce children which is the main function of sex.

p.s btw im not one who will go out n attack a gay person as i believe in do what u want as long as it dnt involve me, but i just think and believe the act is wrong and disgusting...the practice of unprotected anal (gay) sex will give u diseases whilst unprotected normal vaginal sex wont unless u have been with multiple partners who carry stis etc
Your right. Thanks man
howdypartner21
Rep:
?
(Original post by tazarooni89)
Hmm... debatable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_sex#Health_risks
Good point.
howdypartner21
Rep:
?
I simply was responding to another user who suggested that such acts did not take place in animals
No you werent, go back and check. I did.

and moreover that the question of whether something is 'natural' or not is utterly irrelevant. Everything is 'natural' as it is a by-product of this universe, the appropriate question however is whether something is 'good'
:rolleyes:

homosexuality concerns no one other than the consenting adults in question and thus,
Debatable

if it is something that is personally good for them to do, then our opinion as to what they should do is utterly irrelevant as it does not concern us.
Check a few posts up, i quoted a moderator who highlighted a link of the health risks associated with inserting a penis into an area where human waste exits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads