Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tridentus)
    thanks for the prompt reply..

lasdun FX bottom floor? to tell the truth i only visited beaumont on my open day, haven't got a clue why i put GMS first pick.

do you know how many people to a block and how the blocks end up working in GMS? i just know full well that a couple of weeks in i'll be loving partying with randoms, etc. but just for that first couple of days where the nerves are still there i'd rather have a group of people i can huddle for safety with
    That'll be easier in lasdun than it would be in Beaumont, as the blocks are split into flats of 5 or 6 (I think). In terms of sociable nature within the block it seemed very similar to Beaumont (where I was) judging from people I knew there. Being bottom floor it will be all guys in your flat

I stayed there for a week at one point and the rooms are pretty decent, bit more recently renovated than Beaumont though the outside is somewhat errrm distinctive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    That'll be easier in lasdun than it would be in Beaumont, as the blocks are split into flats of 5 or 6 (I think). In terms of sociable nature within the block it seemed very similar to Beaumont (where I was) judging from people I knew there. Being bottom floor it will be all guys in your flat

I stayed there for a week at one point and the rooms are pretty decent, bit more recently renovated than Beaumont though the outside is somewhat errrm distinctive.
    lol. cheers, you're been helpful. i might just call up for beaumont anyway just in case just because if i have a gut feeling about it why not right? but you've definitely settled my mind if there aren't vacancies so thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pepper_pie)
    I called them for a similar reason , I'm vegan and love to cook so had a bit of a panic when they put me in catered! There's no self catered in Oadby (well that's what they told me but dont quote me on it !), but there were self catered in Mary Gee and the Grange =]
    Huh. It's weird that they gave the option for it... but maybe all the self-catered spots have been taken up then? That was quick!
    Thanks for letting me know.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh we will be neighbours at least!

I called them for a similar reason , I'm vegan and love to cook so had a bit of a panic when they put me in catered! There's no self catered in Oadby (well that's what they told me but dont quote me on it !), but there were self catered in Mary Gee and the Grange =]
    Did she say there is none left or none what so ever? If the former, perfectly understandable, if the latter a damn right lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Did she say there is none left or none what so ever? If the former, perfectly understandable, if the latter a damn right lie.
    Ah hah I guess I miss phrased my self ! I never did claim to be doing an english based subject!

ReputationRep:
    On their accomodation page:

Changing Your Offer

We understand that if you are not offered your first choice of accommodation that this may cause some initial disappointment. Unfortunately it will not always be possible to transfer your offer to a different room before the start of the academic year. During the weeks leading up to the start of term our priority is to get all the thousands of applicants into rooms and all rooms will therefore be taken up by this process.

If you are unhappy with the accommodation that has been offered to you we will do our best to transfer you to an alternative room.

Once the term has begun, it is inevitable that some students will not arrive to take up their residency, or will leave early, and this will create vacancies. However it is not possible for us to predict in advance how many vacancies will appear, or at which sites they will become available.
    If you wish to be considered for a room transfer you should accept the accommodation that has been offered to you and then complete a Transfer Request Form, which will be available from the Accommodation Office after the start of term. Should a suitable vacancy become available we will contact you immediately.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Nixon, Block H, any neighbours???

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what Rosenfels House is like? How its set out etcc.. i'm in a premium single there so was wondering how many people id be living with and what my room would be like before i accept my offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)

Quoting you because you're awesome/grabbing your attention.

I got my offer of Beaumont Hall which i'm pleased. But where abouts is Block 7? I've been there a few times and I can't for the life of me figure out which building it is and I was hoping you would know

Thanks!

I just realised a PM would've been better to grab your attention, bleh.

ReputationRep:
    How many people usually live in one Mary Gee house?

ReputationRep:
    I have been accepted however I don't know what my accommodation is. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Hindsight)
    I have been accepted however I don't know what my accommodation is. Thoughts?
    have you had any emails or anything? have you checked online? you could ring them up and ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 88 movement)
    How many people usually live in one Mary Gee house?
    It's a max of 10 I think, 4 on the top floor, 4 on the bottom and 2 in the middle /
    ^.^
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Wreemo)
    Quoting you because you're awesome/grabbing your attention.

I got my offer of Beaumont Hall which i'm pleased. But where abouts is Block 7? I've been there a few times and I can't for the life of me figure out which building it is and I was hoping you would know

Thanks!

I just realised a PM would've been better to grab your attention, bleh.
    Haha thanks

Before I go any further, Block 7 is the absolute dog's testicles, congratulations on getting a place in undoubtedly the finest accommodation Leicester University has to offer

In more relevant news it's in New Quad. So from the dining hall follow the building round to the left and take a right into New Quad, Block 7 is slap bang in front of you, no doubt looking absolutely delightful. Let me know if you have any other qs

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about the beeches, JoFo? Im American and studying abroad for the year and know nothing about it but i just accepted an offer there. The uni accommodation info isnt very helpful. i think it has 2 floors and single rooms but im not sure. anyone know if its a good place to live?? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ampine14)
    Does anyone know anything about the beeches, JoFo? Im American and studying abroad for the year and know nothing about it but i just accepted an offer there. The uni accommodation info isnt very helpful. i think it has 2 floors and single rooms but im not sure. anyone know if its a good place to live?? Thanks!
    JoFo is the newest and nicest of the accommodation in Oadby, so you've done all right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Haha thanks

Before I go any further, Block 7 is the absolute dog's testicles, congratulations on getting a place in undoubtedly the finest accommodation Leicester University has to offer

In more relevant news it's in New Quad. So from the dining hall follow the building round to the left and take a right into New Quad, Block 7 is slap bang in front of you, no doubt looking absolutely delightful. Let me know if you have any other qs
    That is the best forum post I've ever read and I lurk quite a bit here and there :')

What's so great about it? haha

Edit: Found the official Facebook groups for each accommodation, think they've only recently been set up hence the lack of people liking them but I'm sure in due course they'll get rather active!

http://www.facebook.com/Beaumont2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salisb...94426757281194

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Opal-C...63616026998733

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gilber...39203076196478

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-F...35812393107360

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-G...01620536601309

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-F...3107360?ref=pb

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got into UoL yesterday through clearing and I'm applying for accommodation tonight, I literally have no idea about the accommodation so I don't what's left, if any, preferably I'm looking for self catered..

ReputationRep:
    Ah hah I guess I miss phrased my self ! I never did claim to be doing an english based subject!
    which number did you ring to change your accomodation?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Wreemo)
    That is the best forum post I've ever read and I lurk quite a bit here and there :')

What's so great about it? haha
    I lived there

Other than that those blocks (6 and 7) seem to create really close groups and everyone I know from them had an amazing Freshers and made a lot of close friends. I'm still living with 5 mates from Block 7 and I'm going into my 4th year :yes:

This doesn't seem to be a one off either, I know people who lived there the years above and below me who had similar experiences. This video from the group a while back now captures it (and halls generally) really well I think. Makes me all nostalgic, cannot describe how jealous I am of all you lot!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.