Offer from Jesus College for French and Spanish
    IB score of 41 with 776 in any of my highers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermione17)
    I got an offer from Trinity for Engineering

Hope to see you this October!
    Yay :cool: Yeah hopefully we will meet each other there

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm not from the UK, my offer (compsci at churchill) doesn't include any conditions about the IELTS or any other English test. Are they telling me I dont have to take it?
    Would be one less thing to worry about..

ReputationRep:
    Yay offer!
    Anyone for Classics (4 year) or King's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Well done everyone!!!! Looking so much to Emma!!! When do we start to look at things such as accommodation etc.
    I am *pretty* sure that all the accommodation stuff is sorted after exam results in August. I so tried to walk around emmanuel last night... the gate was locked though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    Yeah, me too. I'm always worried there's been a mistake and they'll say "oh, sorry, there was a mix-up" :rolleyes:
    Maybe the chemistry guys took pity on me - I didn't manage to get the door open properly on the way out. Darn those english knobs

You're a mathmo, right? What was your offer? ^^

That's exactly what I think. I'm worried they're going to email me in a few days and tell me they sent me the wrong decision by accident.
    AHhhh!

(Original post by QBasti)
    Although I'm not from the UK, my offer (compsci at churchill) doesn't include any conditions about the IELTS or any other English test. Are they telling me I dont have to take it?

I'm not from the UK either, and didn't get an IELTs condition.
    If you did get an interview, I'm sure that they could have ascertained your level of English through the interview, and probably realised that your english was good enough as to not need one

(Original post by indifferencepersonified)
    Haha, Christee sounds fine Hello there!
    Mine is also A*AA and I'm absolutely ecstatic, I have all my motivation to revise back now! Yes, let's hope so. Good luck with meeting the conditions!

Haha, me too. I was going to decide to fail all my exams since I only need two As, but then the nerd inside me said "No! You can't do that!"
    Well done for the offer, I'm certain you deserved it I hope to see you next october!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam122)
    Offer from Jesus College for French and Spanish
    IB score of 41 with 776 in any of my highers
    Congratulations - I'm also an IBer with a Jesus offer, for English (42, with 776)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    Hey, do you know what the protocol is on sending off exam certificates etc? The letter was a bit vague.
    I don't know, I never had to send off exam certificates, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    That's exactly what I think. I'm worried they're going to email me in a few days and tell me they sent me the wrong decision by accident.
    AHhhh!

Haha, me too. I was going to decide to fail all my exams since I only need two As, but then the nerd inside me said "No! You can't do that!"
    Well done for the offer, I'm certain you deserved it I hope to see you next october!
    What was your offer? What course and college are you?
    I decided to kind of do that - I won't revise much for English lit, as I just took it for fun and it's not mentioned as a subject that counts towards my offer.

Hmm, me neither, and I'm German. It says this on their page:

GCSE in English Language / IGCSE English Language (as a first language) – at grade C or above
    IELTS – normally a minimum overall grade of 7.0, usually with 7.0 in each element
    for EU students, a high grade in English taken as part of a leaving examination (eg the European Baccalaureate, the French Baccalaureate, Abitur etc) may be acceptable
    Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English – at grade A
    Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English – at grade A or B

*Dispensation may be made if you don’t have one of these formal qualifications but are currently being taught in English. Please contact one of the College admissions offices for advice.
    Maybe you have one of those ar are at an english school? ^^

ReputationRep:
    Going on this thread makes me really unhappy that King's didn't give me an offer

I know I shouldn't really be posting here, but good luck in meeting all your offers, and I hope another college can give me an offer out of the pool Don't hold out much hope though.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you got any English qualifications already? I am also an international student, I took my IELTS already and on UCAS track it didn't say anything about IELTS, so I guess I don't need to retake it

ReputationRep:
    What was your offer? What course and college are you?
    I decided to kind of do that - I won't revise much for English lit, as I just took it for fun and it's not mentioned as a subject that counts towards my offer.
    Hi, I got an offer to read Natural Sciences (Physical) at Christ's College
    What about yourself? The offer was A*AA, how about you?

I probably wont revise all that much for Music, because I need to make sure my chemistry, physics and maths are up to par So I know how you feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)

I probably wont revise all that much for Music, because I need to make sure my chemistry, physics and maths are up to par So I know how you feel
    See you there!

ReputationRep:
    got my offer from Jesus on saturday, it was horrible waiting round when most of my friends had heard on thursday!

but i can forgive them for making me wait, but im amazed i got an offer because i left the interview feeling angry at them for asking me such annoying questions lol

they want A*AA in further maths, physics and chemistry for me to study physical natsci (my single maths from last year doesnt count but i expected that to be the case )

congarst to everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethin.g)
    Downing College
    Law
    Conditional A*AA

Anyone else?
    Yus! Exactly the same! aaargh, I'm so excited haha
    When did you have your interview?! I think mine was 14th but it all seems such a long time ago now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)

I've got an A*AA offer for Natural Sciences (Physical) at Downing College.
    The A*AA need to be from any of Maths, FM, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I think I'll focus on Maths, Biology and Physics, and try to use Chemistry and FM as my 'back-ups'. English will get maybe 1% of my attention - it clashes with the maths and bio exams, so .

Yay, we're on the same course!

I'm going between sudden flashes of happiness at getting the offer, to fear that it was a mistake, to fear that I'll miss the offer. Very extreme mood swings. :rolleyes:

What instrument can you play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermione17)
    Haven't you got any English qualifications already? I am also an international student, I took my IELTS already and on UCAS track it didn't say anything about IELTS, so I guess I don't need to retake it
    no, I asked them months ago if I needed to take it before, but they said afterwards is just fine.. All the other universities (like Imperial) did ask for one and it showed on UCAS track, too.

(Original post by kpatb)
    I'm not from the UK either, and didn't get an IELTs condition.
    If you did get an interview, I'm sure that they could have ascertained your level of English through the interview, and probably realised that your english was good enough as to not need one
    that's what I'm hoping too
    but I'll email them tomorrow just to make sure..

ReputationRep:
    that's what I'm hoping too
    but I'll email them tomorrow just to make sure..
    Well if it's not in your offer letter, I doubt they would ask you.
    Either way, I;m sure you will do amazingly well

I've got an A*AA offer for Natural Sciences (Physical) at Downing College.
    The A*AA need to be from any of Maths, FM, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I think I'll focus on Maths, Biology and Physics, and try to use Chemistry and FM as my 'back-ups'. English will get maybe 1% of my attention - it clashes with the maths and bio exams, so .

Yay, we're on the same course!

I'm going between sudden flashes of happiness at getting the offer, to fear that it was a mistake, to fear that I'll miss the offer. Very extreme mood swings. :rolleyes:

What instrument can you play?
    Yaaay! Do you have any idea what options you will be choosing?

I play the piano, sing lots and play the flute quite well, I dabble at the guitar, and compose quite a bit Do you play any instruments?

Ugh I know how you feel about the exams - I have my FP2, Chemistry Unit 5, FP3, and final Music exams in 2 days. Consecutively -__-

Oh wow, thank gosh I'm not the only one having mood swings. I only need two A's now, and I'm terrified that I won't meet the offer, and sometimes I look at others who have got in and think "Oh my god, I'm going to university with those people? :O"
    Phew, so it's not only me! But right now, I think we have the right to live in the moment and enjoy it while we're here We've got an offer from THE top university in the world - enjoy this moment (or At least that's what I'm telling myself to make myself feel less guilty about not revising for any of my exams atm. Woops)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessfoley)
    Anyone for Trinity?
    (Original post by l4ith)
    Yes we need more of us! :cool:
    I am for Trinity as well, Maths :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    When does UCAS change?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.