Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You pretty much HAVE to give the MVP to Brady.

I suppose a case could be made for Clay Matthews/Aaron Rodgers (AR because he's dragged that offense along with a back up RB) but I'd say Brady too.

ReputationRep:
    Vick seems to be consesus number 2 and the most talked about alternative but Brady is peerless

Rookies of the year is more interesting I think, Suh on defence with honorable mention to Devin McCourtney especially considering the Pats got a lot of heat when he got picked over Kyle Wilson and on offence I would have said Maurkice Pouncey (biased maybe) but he didnt even get shortlisted I don't think so Sam Bradford
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    I am extremely offended my friend request has been ignored
    Ps3? Haven't been on in over a week mate, had exams. Will be on today/tonight though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkev)
    Haha only reason you hate him is beacuse he's a future defensive MVP and I don't think the Pats have had one of them for a long time. Although I do like Wilfork. Fair point about Rodgers, but he'll soon be up there with Brady and Manning.
    Incorrect. I hate him because he behaves like a douchebag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaltyPiratePony)
    Incorrect. I hate him because he behaves like a douchebag.
    Examples?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Examples?
    Eagles Packers game, once the ball was picked, Green Bay had the ball for the last 30, which obviously led to kneel downs. Before the offense came on, he decided to run down to the Eagle sidelline and wave in their faces signalling bye, and run to the home fans doing it as well. I'm all for competitiveness, but there's no need to be a tosser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaltyPiratePony)
    Eagles Packers game, once the ball was picked, Green Bay had the ball for the last 30, which obviously led to kneel downs. Before the offense came on, he decided to run down to the Eagle sidelline and wave in their faces signalling bye, and run to the home fans doing it as well. I'm all for competitiveness, but there's no need to be a tosser.
    A bit cocky indeed, I still love him though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Ps3? Haven't been on in over a week mate, had exams. Will be on today/tonight though.
    Ah my bad.
    S'allright then :p:

ReputationRep:
    I hate clay matthews just like i hate all the packers, but you have to respect them as a team to overcome the injuries they've had this season. And Aaron Rodgers despite playing for the piss and mold is actually one of the better guys in the league. Should be a great game sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hester_23)
    I hate clay matthews just like i hate all the packers, but you have to respect them as a team to overcome the injuries they've had this season. And Aaron Rodgers despite playing for the piss and mold is actually one of the better guys in the league. Should be a great game sunday.
    Your sig sucks, mine is awesome. :p:

Just watch Clay kicking the **** out of Jay Cutler tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Best sig evvvar.

(Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Your sig sucks, mine is awesome. :p:

Just watch Clay kicking the **** out of Jay Cutler tomorrow.
    I agree that Cutler will probably get his ass kicked tomorrow, but his sig is immense.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Reps for sig. Tomorrow is going to be immense.

ReputationRep:
    I know very little about American Football. But it's a nailed-on Packers/Steelers Superbowl, no?
    The Jets seem to have scraped through both games based on their Defensive coverage, and the Steelers' defense (with a fit Polamalu) must take advantage of the Jets' offensive weaknesses.
    Similarly, the Bears only just beat a very average Seahawks team; Rodgers, on the other hand, seems to be getting better and better.

Also, Brady for MVP/ Bradford for Rookie MVP? As I understand it, Brady's pretty obvious. Bradford, by the looks of it, has dragged a shocking offense through a season single-handedly.

Yes, I'm writing this just to sub, but I thought i'd ask some people who know more than me.

ReputationRep:
    Thumbs up for INDIANAPOLIS COLTSSSSSSS DAYUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    lol..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    I know very little about American Football. But it's a nailed-on Packers/Steelers Superbowl, no?
    The Jets seem to have scraped through both games based on their Defensive coverage, and the Steelers' defense (with a fit Polamalu) must take advantage of the Jets' offensive weaknesses.
    Similarly, the Bears only just beat a very average Seahawks team; Rodgers, on the other hand, seems to be getting better and better.

Also, Brady for MVP/ Bradford for Rookie MVP? As I understand it, Brady's pretty obvious. Bradford, by the looks of it, has dragged a shocking offense through a season single-handedly.

Yes, I'm writing this just to sub, but I thought i'd ask some people who know more than me.
    Like the rest of us, you'd have being saying the Saints would have crushed the Seahawks, but look how that turned out. Nothing is tacked on at all.
    I honestly think the Jets can beat the Steelers, their defense will prevent much of anything the Steelers can throw at them, I like to think of the Jets as the Ravens II. And the Steelers only just luckily beat the Ravens last week.

The Bears game similarly will be quite close, but I think the Packers will win that. Offensively, the Packers are too strong, if the Bears manage to get to Rodgers, they might win, but I really do think for the Bears to win, they have to hit Rodgers and do it several times.

Would agree with the MVP awards, I think you could probably put Suh in there for the Rookie award and no-one would complain though, he has been a beast.

ReputationRep:

It anything but a dead cert, the NFL has had more parity amongst teams this year than i can ever remember. Any team can beat any team on any given sunday.

As for the Bears narrowly beating the seahawks, if you went off the scoreboard it would appear this way. But the bears were 28-0 up at the start of the 4th quarter and hit cruise control ready for the packers game this sunday. Rodgers has indeed been outstanding this post season but when the bears played them 3 weeks ago they held the packers to 10 measly points so this game will go to the wire.

ReputationRep:
    JETS JETS JETS . . . (and the steelers)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

Don't write the Bears off just yet (mainly because I want them to win the SB). Honestly, this has been one of, if not the best seasons I have seen in the NFL. Every game has a surprise in it in one way or another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    I like Clay Matthews and think Aaron Rodgers is the third best QB in the NFL at the moment (Manning and Brady 1&2.)

I dream of a Bears- Jets Superbowl though.

Imagine, Rex Ryan, being all dickish, and the Bears, with the most badass QB in the league (You can say he's not, but we all know he is, he's insane, maybe Eli Manning is on par) in the Super Bowl?! (say it in Deon Sanders' voice.)

But yeah, on the Favre INT thing, I think he'll be remembered as the guy who didn't know when to quit too. He wasn't an amazing QB for anything other than his longevity. You could put me in there and I'll throw downfield all day, sometimes it'll get picked, other times the WR will make a play. I just feel he was a very 50-50 QB. Most INTs ever, most TDs ever (most fumbles ever too I think?)

What I'm trying to say is, he's only got such great numbers in the good statistics because he was throwing the ball deep on every play for over 20 years.
    WRONG!

Brady > Manning > Brees > Rodgers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    WRONG!

Brady > Manning > Brees > Rodgers
    Pfft.

Manning> Brady> Rodgers> Vick > Brees.

That's right, I said it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.