Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    All the colleges are equally good! Only Worcester has a lake.

Also... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norrington_Table

ReputationRep:
    St Edmund Hall is the only Hall named after a male that's a college.

That's right, I went there.
    Sky in the JCR too, and when you get thirsty? Well, there's a medieval well right in the quad.

You know it makes sense

ReputationRep:
    u lot are all ****ers shut up man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinobi93)
    I applied to Hertford because when I used their CD prospectus, it congratulated me for having a Mac.
    Good College Choice! (Poor Computer Choice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RupertTheBear)
    Good College Choice! (Poor Computer Choice)
    Nah, other way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RupertTheBear)
    I applied to Hertford because it had a bridge.
    I applied to Hertford because it has a college cat and the porter was nice to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumi Nous)
    I applied to Hertford because it has a college cat and the porter was nice to me.
    A college cat?! Boy, did I make the wrong choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoshin)
    True, though this could backfire because you will be 'playing them on their home turf'
    This is true but regardless of if it's "their turf" or an abstract field they are still likely to know so much more than you about it.

Reading up on tutors is definitely a very good thing to do, almost all of my interviews were based on tutor specialities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddyD15)
    ...regardless of if it's "their turf" or an abstract field they are still likely to know so much more than you about it.
    True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yrodrigues)
    It could be. But in practice it is the thread of the offer holders and the apostrophe is making me fidget.
    Then you'll love these:

http://www.oxbridgeediting.co.uk/blo...ostrophe-1.jpg

http://www.oxbridgeediting.co.uk/blo...20-500x303.png

http://www.oxbridgeediting.co.uk/blo...postrophe2.jpg

ReputationRep:
    My track just updated again...but nothing changed. The 'unconditional' turned red and became a link but it was the same decision letter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAR12)
    A college cat?! Boy, did I make the wrong choice
    Two cats :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Noooooooooooooo!
    I WILL BE VISITING/STAYING.

ReputationRep:
    Did you really? Interesting.

I mean, Mansfield College has a cat, and a nice porter, but I didn't know that when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norbertnorbert)
    My offers from New (which said February on the letter) and it came through Track at half 5 today, so I imagine yours will come any time
    Yeah mine's come through now too!! This teaches me a valuable lesson - if I complain about something not having happened on TSR then it will happen the next day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Yeah but only the Simpkins one is acknowledged... the other one seems to be some kind of rogue one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freezombie)
    Did you really? Interesting.

I mean, Mansfield College has a cat, and a nice porter, but I didn't know that when I applied.
    Yeah, I had a day in Oxford and had to narrow down the colleges based on fleeting glimpses. Hertford seemed friendly. Sadly I did not get to see Mansfield!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but only the Simpkins one is acknowledged... the other one seems to be some kind of rogue one!
    Really? I thought they both "belonged" to the college :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had a day in Oxford and had to narrow down the colleges based on fleeting glimpses. Hertford seemed friendly. Sadly I did not get to see Mansfield!
    I really liked Mansfield - the only thing which deterred me from applying was its small size!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    My track just updated again...but nothing changed. The 'unconditional' turned red and became a link but it was the same decision letter...
    Same thing happened to me.
    I called UCAS.

I assume you were an Open Applicant too? (Or were reallocated?)

It's just the campus code changing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.