Turn on thread page Beta

Fancy Dress - Questions, advice, cheap solutions, themes watch

ReputationRep:
    Would look better if you just used facepaint instead of that tacky mask.

You could put a better costume together for cheaper I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    If it's worn on Halloween then yes, if not, then no?

ReputationRep:
    Yea i know i really like the costume but the mask is not for me lol

ReputationRep:
    Yay for the costume...the mask you're better off making with makeup

ReputationRep:
    Would you really spend THAT much on just a costume?!

ReputationRep:
    Yay but don't spend that much on a costume u will only wear once, there's so many options for halloween it is beyond me why some people do the same costume twice :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Yes for the suit, no for the mask. Although you can make one? Just dye a suit purple and a shirt yellow. And then apply white face paint, red lipstick, and black eye paint round your eyes. Maybe even some wash in wash out spray on hair colour and make your hair green if you feel brave.

ReputationRep:
    this is much scarier:

http://www.joke.co.uk/official-jimmy...costume~90268/

ReputationRep:
    Time is running out and I can't think of anything that I want or am able to go as for halloween!

So, suggestions please!

If it helps i'm a girl, 5'2", i'd say fairly slim and my hair is short and brown (though for the right costume i'd wear a wig or use a temporary dye).

Edit: I should clarify, when I say 'fairly slim' I mean like size 8/10, i'm not super skinny, just not fat.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a babe magnet, turning heads when I go to the mall with berlin playing in the background whilst making all the babes week at the knees and all the guys seethe with envy.

I'm working on the bod, and have ordered some skin lightening cream. By the way, I don't know many people in the UK so don't worry about anyone recognizing me.

Name:  262247_124436897644806_719100_n.jpg
Views: 2544
Size:  37.0 KB

But what else can be done?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.megafancydress.co.uk/tv-b...-gun-costumes/

For a more serious suggestion, slightly longer hair?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I wasn't really talking about the outfit. I meant physical looks. I did my hair to try and reflect his hairstyle?

ReputationRep:
    Become Tom Cruise.

ReputationRep:
    You can't.
    Your entire facial structure is the complete opposite

ReputationRep:
    Here's an idea...

Why not try to be yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Here's an idea...

Why not try to be yourself?
    I am myself obviously, I never said i'm going to change my name to maverick did I. But there's nothing wrong with wanting to improve your looks, and cruise is a good benchmark.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to look like Tom Cruise,as he did in Topgun,(even though looking like you already do is fine) then I would grow your hair a bit longer,after a quick google,his hair is longer ish and thicker than yours is currently.As for his body,you said you are working on that. I wouldn't advise using skin lightening creams,your skin is a nice co lour as it is.After all you want to be yourself but take influence from how he looks.Add some shades(look like raybans but I have no idea..) some jeans,t shirts,maybe a leather jacket(pretty sure he wears one in the film...again correct me if I'm wrong) Add a smile and a nice yet flirty demeanour(when appropriate i.e with girls you like) then you are good to go.

Topgun soundtrack optional.

Longer hair and a good jacket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic96)
    Lol I wasn't really talking about the outfit. I meant physical looks. I did my hair to try and reflect his hairstyle?
    jaw implant, nose changing, eye implants, skin implant, hair implant ect

do you have a few million rupee's to spare brah?

i would give tom cruise the same answer if he asked me how to look like you

you look like the mancity footballer, vincent kompany=p

ReputationRep:
    you do know top gun is the ultimate gay movie right

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.