Report 5 years ago
I've chosen forge and Victoria halls! Studying primary ed

Posted from TSR Mobile
bahiadabo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
went for an information day for chemistry today, gosh i really enjoyed it, i think sheffield hallam is the one
jamesandrew93
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm currently studying biomedical sciences at Hallam (1st year) so if anyone has any questions about the course/related courses, then feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
xxcharlotteoxx
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I only applied for my accommodation 2 days ago, is that really late? Ive applied for Victoria halls but It seems like everyone has chosen that and I'm totally not going to get a place
parry_93
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jamesandrew93)
I'm currently studying biomedical sciences at Hallam (1st year) so if anyone has any questions about the course/related courses, then feel free to ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The modules that are common in all Bioscience first years do you share them with other subjects or just as Biomed/bio/human bio/Chemistry etc

& whats a typical week for you Mon - Fri lecture times, lab prac hours etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
parry_93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xxcharlotteoxx)
I only applied for my accommodation 2 days ago, is that really late? Ive applied for Victoria halls but It seems like everyone has chosen that and I'm totally not going to get a place
Applications opened in Jan however do remember that some people wont have heard back from hallam yet and there are 499 rooms at Vic Halls.
However it is THE MOST popular, lots of people don't get in and it just goes on when you're application went in. But in relative terms its quite early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
carrie.2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I am thinking of studying the same course at Sheffield Hallam! I was just wondering what you think so far?
What sort of lab work etc have you been doing?
bahiadabo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, do you know how many exams you'll be expected to sit at the end of the year and also is there a possibility of changing courses to another similar one e.g biochemistry to chemistry?
Lulu95x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lucy2901)
The forge anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just applied for The Forge, I'm in block A106.
What course are you studying? Mine is adult nursing, first year in September
Lulu95x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by parry_93)
Applications opened in Jan however do remember that some people wont have heard back from hallam yet and there are 499 rooms at Vic Halls.
However it is THE MOST popular, lots of people don't get in and it just goes on when you're application went in. But in relative terms its quite early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Victoria Halls has just sold out! I was on it earlier, then when I refreshed the page it came up with a notice saying they weren't accepting applications anymore A bit gutted, but The Forge seems just as good. Especially if you are at Collegiate Campus like me.
parry_93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lulu95x)
Victoria Halls has just sold out! I was on it earlier, then when I refreshed the page it came up with a notice saying they weren't accepting applications anymore A bit gutted, but The Forge seems just as good. Especially if you are at Collegiate Campus like me.
Awww noo I'm sorry!
Vic Halls is over subscribed every year, lots of people who apply don't get in either.
I know people who live at the forge and its quite lively there too. Most halls are the same in what you get really.
username1366281
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lucy2901)
The forge anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah im there! what flat are you in?
username1366281
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've just applied for The Forge, I'm in block A106.
What course are you studying? Mine is adult nursing, first year in September
im in A106 too! block A!
Lulu95x
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by emmayeahh)
im in A106 too! block A!
Oh, that's amazing! I was wondering who else was I'm Lucy.
Are you going to be a first year?
I'm gonna be in my first year of adult nursing in September :') x
username1366281
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, that's amazing! I was wondering who else was I'm Lucy.
Are you going to be a first year?
I'm gonna be in my first year of adult nursing in September :') x
yay! im emma
yeah but i took a couple years out so ill be 20 by september! ah sweet that sounds good!! im doing politics! do you have fb or anything? x
Lucy8596
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
im in A106 too! block A!
How do you know what rooms you are in?
I thought we didnt find out till August/September time?
username1366281
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lucy8596)
How do you know what rooms you are in?
I thought we didnt find out till August/September time?
where did you apply? i sat my a levels a couple of years ago so i applied via the unite website coz i didnt know how else to apply! but when you do that it lets you pick your room
parry_93
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
where did you apply? i sat my a levels a couple of years ago so i applied via the unite website coz i didnt know how else to apply! but when you do that it lets you pick your room
Most apply through Hallams website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lucy8596
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I applied through the Hallam Website as im doing everything through UCAS as im still at school! I applied for Victoria Halls and Pinnacles, Ohhhh i want to know where i am going
username1366281
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lucy8596)
I applied through the Hallam Website as im doing everything through UCAS as im still at school! I applied for Victoria Halls and Pinnacles, Ohhhh i want to know where i am going
ahhh yeah that makes sense! you dont find out til like july/august do ya? i heard victoria halls is really good, bit gutted i didnt apply there! what course you applying for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 27 Oct '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads