Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[New] Post a picture of yourself, unedited and the first picture you take Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arina162)
    This just reminded me so much of this thread

:rofl2: hahahaha lol +1 girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    I answered your first question explicitly, your second implicitly.

I am not 'insulting everyone here', I'm making a point of my observation that the majority of posters are insecure and posting to seek validation rather than whatever the original purpose of the thread was. I don't really understand how that would make me feel better in anyway..?
    I originally would have classed you as one of the minority, clearly not being a new user etc. but editing out the face at the end of your post probably dumps you back into the majority (insecure) (not an insult).
    The vast majority of posters here are not insecure at all this thread is more revolved around having banter, few compliments here and there are just a bonus to it. Your negative views aren't needed here at all if you have nothing positive to say then remain quiet please. Nobody here wants to listen to your bigotry take it elsewhere or don't post at all simple.

It's quite pathetic that you take pleasure in putting others down simply by labelling them as "Insecure" showing bitterness towards others will not make you feel any better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    The vast majority of posters here are not insecure at all this thread is more revolved around having banter, few compliments here and there are just a bonus to it. Your negative views aren't needed here at all if you have nothing positive to say then remain quiet please. Nobody here wants to listen to your bigotry take it elsewhere or don't post at all simple.

It's quite pathetic that you take pleasure in putting others down simply by labelling them as "Insecure" showing bitterness towards others will not make you feel any better.
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:

Empirical evidence is against you but I don't care, insecure people gon' insecure. It compounds your fallacy when everyone disagreeing with me is someone that has posted a picture. It is a passing observation that most people here are insecure - which I am free to express - I have literally no idea how that makes me 'bitter' and even relates to me 'feeling better about myself'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    I edited lots on that post and have also since removed it.

The sad face made my post come across as sarcastic and I soon realised leaving the post there would probably result in an argument, one which I don't particularly want to have on this thread.

You most certainly can't afford another few warning points chucked on there for "Dragging a thread off topic" :sly:

Either way, if you insist on discussing this then feel free to PM me.
    True that, and I don't care that much, also *debate

ReputationRep:
    Empirical evidence is against you but I don't care, insecure people gon' insecure. It compounds your fallacy when everyone disagreeing with me is someone that has posted a picture. It is a passing observation that most people here are insecure - which I am free to express - I have literally no idea how that makes me 'bitter' and even relates to me 'feeling better about myself'.
    The misc is strong in this thread, many lulz have been had, negging insecure people gives me more joy than it should
    You make me laugh.

Feel free to enquire me in my pm if you got any more issues sir.
    We don't want to go offtopic in this thread do we?

ReputationRep:
    You're telling me, it takes bravery to post your picture on a student forum? Where the **** have you been living your whole life. I'm not sure what this thread intended to start of as, but clearly it's turned to people posting their picture for others (usually horny, virgin, 0 game TSRians) to shower them with compliments so they can be validated. If anything it's cowardice, as they know in posting their picture they will only receive compliments.

Clearly I'm not saying everybody that posts is insecure, but this thread is teeming with insecurity. At least half the posters here are first-time posters, lurkers who have created an account just to post their picture, just posting their picture to gain approval from strangers they'll never meet. Of course there are a couple of long-term users who post their picture so others can see what they look like - but these are the small minority. Tell me; why what reason would a new user have for posting their picture on this thread?

Add to the half of posters that were lurkers, it is obvious most of the other half are insecure by the comments that accompany their pictures. The amount of times I've seen people making excuses as to why they might not be looking at their best, to shield their ego is unbelievable - 'This is what revision at 1am does to you', 'no make up', 'just woke up', that kind of crap. Of course someone's going to argue, but what if they just happened to see the thread and fancy taking a picture then? Well then why would they accompany the picture by blatantly giving people who don't find them attractive reasons as to why they don't look at their best.

See above, I didn't say everyone, I said nearly everyone.

What you can see happening in this thread is fundamentally people 'rating' each other, it started as people complimenting some people and now people seem to think the rep system is a rate my picture system. Deny it if you like; it's obvious. Me negging people is denying them validation they came on here to seek.
    Brilliant haha, it won't let me give you a positive rating but I have to say I couldn't agree more.

Thumbs down already! It's literally been a few seconds haha...

ReputationRep:
    You make me laugh.

You're an idiot, those are two completely unrelated posts. Labelling the insecure people as insecure, is a factual observation, and in no way makes me feel better about myself. It gives me joy to neg the insecure people who post pictures to seek validation. Why would I pm you? I don't have any 'issues' it appears you're the one that's butthurt by my observation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Santorum)
    Brilliant haha, it won't let me give you a positive rating but I have to say I couldn't agree more.

Thumbs down already! It's literally been a few seconds haha...
    I'll level that out for you

ReputationRep:
    You make me laugh.

Just ignore him... Worked with most of the other people who couldn't stand this thread, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    You're beautiful. Want to meet up? I'm not a pervert promise :sexface:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Yes for sure! My place or yours?

(I'm not a perv either)
    I mean you might aswell both just meet in my room, i have nutella and a double bed just saying

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot, those are two completely unrelated posts. Labelling the insecure people as insecure, is a factual observation, and in no way makes me feel better about myself. It gives me joy to neg the insecure people who post pictures to seek validation. Why would I pm you? I don't have any 'issues' it appears you're the one that's butthurt by my observation.
    What makes you think anybody in this thread is seeking validation? Stop jumping to conclusions we're not all insecure as you make us out to be. I pity you I really do. You seem to be the type of individual who is always bitter with nothing positive to say.

I'm not an "idiot" no need to throw around insults around at people lighten up buddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arina162)
    Just ignore him... Worked with most of the other people who couldn't stand this thread, too.
    He's a bitter man

ReputationRep:
    You're telling me, it takes bravery to post your picture on a student forum? Where the **** have you been living your whole life. I'm not sure what this thread intended to start of as, but clearly it's turned to people posting their picture for others (usually horny, virgin, 0 game TSRians) to shower them with compliments so they can be validated. If anything it's cowardice, as they know in posting their picture they will only receive compliments.

Clearly I'm not saying everybody that posts is insecure, but this thread is teeming with insecurity. At least half the posters here are first-time posters, lurkers who have created an account just to post their picture, just posting their picture to gain approval from strangers they'll never meet. Of course there are a couple of long-term users who post their picture so others can see what they look like - but these are the small minority. Tell me; why what reason would a new user have for posting their picture on this thread?

Add to the half of posters that were lurkers, it is obvious most of the other half are insecure by the comments that accompany their pictures. The amount of times I've seen people making excuses as to why they might not be looking at their best, to shield their ego is unbelievable - 'This is what revision at 1am does to you', 'no make up', 'just woke up', that kind of crap. Of course someone's going to argue, but what if they just happened to see the thread and fancy taking a picture then? Well then why would they accompany the picture by blatantly giving people who don't find them attractive reasons as to why they don't look at their best.

See above, I didn't say everyone, I said nearly everyone.

What you can see happening in this thread is fundamentally people 'rating' each other, it started as people complimenting some people and now people seem to think the rep system is a rate my picture system. Deny it if you like; it's obvious. Me negging people is denying them validation they came on here to seek.
    Mate I so agree. And you know what kills me? It's that these girls are so unbelievably average if not below (except for a few) and these guys are worshipping their pictures. Honestly most of the time i'm like :lolwut: when I lurk on this thread. It's just so sad.

The excuses make me laugh though. Lol at the no makeup comment. Compliment fishing at it's finest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    I mean you might aswell both just meet in my room, i have nutella and a double bed just saying
    Woahhhh, I already offered to take them both in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Free21)
    Mate I so agree. And you know what kills me? It's that these girls are so unbelievably average if not below (except for a few) and these guys are worshipping their pictures. Honestly most of the time i'm like :lolwut: when I lurk on this thread. It's just so sad.

The excuses make me laugh though. Lol at the no makeup comment. Compliment fishing at it's finest.
    The fact that you're lurking on this thread checking out everyone's pictures says it all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Free21)

Woah hang on there!
    You are clearly not in favour of this thread. But what I don't understand is if you think this thread is so useless then why are you scrolling through the pages of this thread looking at people's pictures? Surely this is time waste and you have better things to do, right?

And who are you to make such a comment like this?
    "It's that these girls are so unbelievably average if not below (except for a few) and these guys are worshipping their pictures."
    Oh I'm so sorry that the girls of TSR are not pleasing to you enough. I didn't know we had to post pictures to appeal to you. And this whole nonsense of "worshipping" really is ridiculous. People have different tastes. Someone that you find attractive may not necessarily be attractive to other people.

"It's just so sad." Oh really?
    What I find really sad is that you are lurking on this thread and making stupid generalised comments like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    I know right because your so amazing :rolleyes:
    Aaaw thanks, I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanbabbar./)
    Aaaw thanks, I know
    That modesty. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    Cool story bro...:gfight:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.